Impossibly Ridiculous

Bloody Noses and Blue Roses [HIATUS]

“J-jongHun s-s-sunbae (senior) …” I stuttered, unable to believe that he was right in front of me, or rather, on top of me.

 

“HyoJin-ssi,” he looked at me, confused as he got up and held out his hand for me. “Geunchanhayo (are you ok)?”

 

I shyly took hold of his hand and he pulled me up effortlessly. “Geunchanhayo (it's okay),” I answered, dusting my skirt with my other hand. Then I gasped when I felt pain shoot through my fingers. I looked at it and saw bloody grazes all over it. “Ahhh …”

 

“What happened to your hand?” he asked, taking both my hands in his. He stared at the bruises and then suddenly blew on it softly. After a moment, he tilted his head up and gazed into my eyes. “Does it still hurt?”

 

I nodded slowly. Did he just do that? Did he just blew on my bloody fingers? Why would he do that? I wasn't freaked out, I was surprised that he was being so … sweet?

 

“Kaja (let's go),” he pulled my hands and led me away from the clubhouse behind me.

 

“Sunbae,” I stopped abruptly causing him to turn to look at me questioningly. “Where are we going?”

 

“To the infirmary,” he flashed his killer smile. I thought I was going to die. “We need to clean your cuts first.”

 

Then sunbae walked forward, without looking back at me. But I was glad he didn't because I didn't want him to see me blush like crazy with my hands still in his.

 

 

*****

 

 

“What happened to your hand?” MinHwan asked as he took his seat next to me.

 

“Oh,” I looked at my bandaged hand, trying to spread my fingers, but felt the wounds sting a bit as I did. “I don't wanna talk about it.”

 

“Why are you smiling if you don't wanna talk about it?” I guessed he caught my little smile. “Did something bad or good happen?”

 

I glanced at him and shrugged. “Both, I guess …” another smile playing along my lips.

 

“Did something happen between you and HongGi-hyung yesterday?”

 

The mention of that crazy guy's name destroyed my mood instantly. “That's not important. What happened to you? How could you just disappear on me like that??”

 

MinHwan turned his head away and looked out the window. “I had something to do …” he mumbled, barely audible because he was facing away from me.

 

“Yaa, look at me while I'm talking to you!” I grabbed his shoulder and forced him to look at me. “Where did you go yesterday??”

 

He pursed his lips and averted my gaze. “Something came up, so I had to leave.”

 

“What's so important that you'd even ditch your bestfriend?” I shook my head, the thought of him and Suzy at our favorite cafe burning in my head. “Who were you with??”

 

“HyoJin-ah,” MinHwan sighed and stared deeply into my eyes. “I was with Suzy, she said she knew who the bloody guy was, so I went to meet her.”

 

“How would she know who he is??” I questioned him incredulously.

 

“Well, you did mention the bloody guy having red hair, right? So she did find a guy with red hair.”

 

“And was it actually him??”

 

“Ani (no), turned out the guy Suzy found wasn't even a student here,” he chuckled needlessly, trying to lift the mood.

 

But failed because he was starting to annoy me again by mentioning her name. “Why won't you just stop it already?”

 

“I can't help it, since you have no interest in finding out who the bloody guy is,” he explained, “I guess I just have to solve the mystery myself.”

 

He misunderstood my question completely. What I really meant was, why wouldn't he stop lying to me and just tell me the truth about his and her relationship already? And I thought we were bestfriends. “Whatever.”

 

 

*****

 

 

I just realized I forgot my guitar in the clubhouse on the day of the speech. I guessed I forgot because I was so angry about the punishments I was suppose to receive. But yesterday, in the heat of the moment, I also forgot all about it. Ugh. So I stayed behind after school to go get it. As I was walking along the stone path, my mind went back to what happened yesterday~

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

We were at the infirmary, I was sitting on a bed and sunbae on a chair in front of me. JongHun-sunbae was treating my grazed hand, totally focusing on it hard and not noticing me ogling at his beautiful complexion. I never knew he was this handsome before. I mean, I knew he was good-looking and charming and handsome and beautiful … but, I never really had a close up look at him before. Not like this.

 

He was so close, I could smell the scent of his shampoo. It was lavender. I like lavender. But I still didn't like his long hair. Ugh.

 

I hissed in pain when sunbae suddenly applied some antiseptic on the bruises. He looked up from my hand to my pained face. I alarmed him, he was gazing intently at me. “Mianhaeyo, I'll be gentle.”

 

He was so close, I could smell his breath. It was peppermint. He must've eaten a breath mint prior. I like peppermint. It was so sweet and … minty.

 

Ne,” I replied timidly, my cheeks getting warm as he grinned at me.

 

Then he went back to treating my hand again and we were silent. It was so awkward. I kind of felt the need to start a conversation to rid off the awkward atmosphere.

 

I must be keeping you from some things you need to take care of in the clubhouse.” I stated, which wasn't such a good idea. It sounded weird when it escaped my mouth, maybe it was supposed to be a question.

 

He tilted his head up again and a smile spread across his face. “What do you mean?”

 

My face must have turned red because he suddenly let out a light chuckle. I didn't know why the slight tug of his lips made me feel so uncomfortable, so flustered. “I mean, you were on the way to the clubhouse, weren't you? But then I got in your way …”

 

Ah,” he nodded, his face showing realization. “You were hurt, I needed to do something to help you, HyoJin-ssi.” He smiled again and continued to wrap bandage around my hand.

 

Something odd struck me and before I could stop myself, the question just blurted out by itself. “How do you know my name?”

 

The smile never left his lips as he tightened the bandage and secured it so it won't come loose. Then he gazed at me and muttered, “I've always known your name.”

 

I knew how surprised I must've looked for him to chuckle. I knew how stupid I must've looked for him to smile without holding back. I knew how brightly I must've blushed for him to pinch my cheeks. I knew how flustered I must've looked after he pinched my cheeks for him to lightly run his fingers through my hair.

 

All better,” sunbae suddenly said. Then he got up and cleaned up after using the things to treat my wounds. “I need to go now, I actually have to lock up the clubhouse.”

 

Oh,” I managed to squeak. Why must I embarrass myself like this? My face felt warm again. “Mianhaeyo (sorry), for troubling you like this.”

 

Geunchanhayo (it's okay),” his smile was still there, I wish he would stop doing that. “Don't get it wet.”

 

Then he turned around and headed for the door. “Gomawoyo (thank you), sunbae!” I cried, afraid that he wouldn't hear me. But he just waved his hand and left.

 

I let out a sigh and touched my cheeks. Why did he do that?

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

I smiled to myself as I reached the front of the clubhouse. What if sunbae was here? What would I do? I shook my head and told myself not to be hopeful. Wait, ani, that wasn't it. What I meant was, not to think about it. Ne, that was what I meant.

Cautiously, I opened the door to the clubhouse and stuck my head through the opening to see if anyone was inside. No one in sight! Probably because there were no club activities on Fridays. So I stepped inside and quickly headed up the stairs and to backstage where the storage room was. Yesterday I saw my guitar bag outside the room, but it was nowhere to be found. Then I guessed maybe sunbae put it in the storage room for safe keeping, when he came here yesterday to lock up.

 

I turned the doorknob and found that the storage room wasn't locked. Then I went inside and looked around and spotted my guitar bag on the far left side of room. I quickly ran to get it and bent down to pick it up. But when my hands grasped the bag, it felt empty, nothing was in it.

 

Then I heard a chuckle from behind me, and looking from between my legs, I saw HongGi squatting on the floor, watching me. “You know, you're wearing a skirt, and I can see your , redface.”

 

I quickly got up from my ridiculous position and swiveled around to face him. “You ert!”

 

“Mwo (what)?” he shrugged, feigning innocence as he got up. “You were the one showing it to me. So I thought, why not just enjoy the show?”

 

He laughed evilly as I felt my face turn scarlet. This guy was a crazy ert! I had to get out of there before he did anything more erted like last time! I quickly dashed for the door and he did nothing to stop me. But then I saw a something he was holding behind him. Baby blue. A guitar. My guitar! I came to a stop immediately and glared at him.

 

“Yaa, give me back my guitar!”

 

“Hah,” he scoffed. “I knew you'd come back to get it. But I'm not gonna give it to you that easily …”

 

I had a bad feeling about this. I knew what he was thinking. His face said everything. I hated him so much.

 

“If you want it back, you need to do something to deserve it,” he smirked.

 

My heart fell to the ground. I was dead meat.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey, as i promised, i will try to update twice a week or three times! so here you go~ LOL

hope you guys love this chap^^

subscribe and comment~ <3