Welcome to Seoul

wang-dda + rebel = ?

IMPORTANT: Anything that is written in blue is said in ENGLISH!

"Welcome to Seoul. We hope that you enjoy your stay and thank you for travelling with us." Bethany and her parents grabbed their bags and walked off of the plane and into the airport. Seoul. The place were dreams come true. Well, that's what SNSD and Super Junior said in one of their songs.

"Okay. So the airplane ride wasn't that bad." said Mr. Diaz.

"NOT BAD?! YOU WEREN'T THE ONE THROWING UP THE WHOLE TIME!" Mrs. Diaz yelled. Anyone who could hear us was either laughing or staring at us because they probably don't understand English.

"WILL YOU STOP COMPLAINING?! FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS I HAVE HEARD NOTHING POSITIVE COMING OUT OF YOUR TRAP!" Mr. Diaz screamed throwing his hands in the air.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!" screamed Mrs. Diaz outraged. Bethany just rolled her eyes and walked down to what looked like the baggage claim to her. Her parents continued screaming at each other, until Mr. Diaz noticed Bethany walking away.

"AND JUST WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING LITTLE MISSY?!" yelled Mr. Diaz. Bethany turned around and looked at him annoyed. 

"Look who stopped fighting long enough to notce me." said Bethany sarcastically.

"DON'T YOU DARE USE THAT TONE WITH ME!" screamed Mr Diaz. He walked up to Bethany and smacked her across the face. Time seemed to freeze and everyone stared at the man who had just smacked his daughter. Mr. Diaz started looking around frantically as people started whispering and pointing at him. Bethany braced herself for her father to slap her again. Although, her father stood there frozen as people stared at him.

"Calm down and let's go. You're attracting too much attention." said Bethany. She started walking away liked nothing happened, and her parents silently followed her to the baggage claim. Once they had collected their bags, they called for a taxi and gave the driver the address to their new home. They pulled up infront of a mansion and the driver slyly smiled at the house.

"Is thithty- thousand won." said the taxi driver in broken English. The meter said 20,000 won, but Mrs. Diaz didn't notice Mrs. Diaz started pulling out bills from her purse, but Bethany grabbed her wallet.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" screamed Mrs. Diaz horrified. Bethany ignored her and took out 20,000 won. She handed the wallet back to her mother, and gave the driver the money.

"Don't try to get some extra cash from us. Just because we're foreigners doesn't mean that we're stupid." said Bethany. They got out of the car and the taxi drove off. Bethany looked up at the house and sighed, but Mrs. Diaz was estatic.

"Wow! It looks better than I thought it would!" exclaimed Mrs. Diaz. The mansion was anyone's dream house. It had a beautiful fountain in the centre of the driveway. There was a beautiful garden filled with exotic flowers and statues to the right of the house. To the left of the mansion, there was a koi pond and roses surrounding that perimeter. Also, behind the mansion was a swimming pool that was thirty-five feet deep pool and a golfing range. Everything about the mansion was perfect. Aliitle too perfect. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz ran inside to see the interior design, but Bethany just stood there and sighed.

"Another mansion? Why couldn't we just get a regular house? This is just too much." thought Bethany. She picked up her suitcases and walked into the mansion. It was so stunningly beautiful that it made all of the houses in magazines look like trash. The floors were either marble or oak wood. There were priceless artifacts, that neither Mr. nor Mrs. Diaz knew what they were, strewn about in the study and living rooms and hallways. Priceless paintings were hanging along the walls as well. The sofas were so fancy, yet so uncomfortable. The hallways were long and windy, a perfect hide-and-seek or tag area for little children. The rooms along these hallways, were closets dedicated to either Mrs. Diaz's hat and shoe collection or Mr. Diaz's golf club collection. In the east wing, Mr. Diaz had the workers make a greenhouse and a fashion studio for Mrs. Diaz. Mrs. and Mr. Diaz's room was also in the east wing. In the west wing, was a swimming pool, an exercise room, and a dance studio. Bethany's room was also in the west wing. In the basement, was an indoor movie theater, with thousands of movies and the most comfortable, red leather seats ever made. The kitchen had only the best ingredients and materials, and personal chefs were constantly cooking the next meal or snacks. Maids were finishing their daily chores quickly and greeted the family whenever they crossed paths with the Diazs.

  After the tour of the house, it was dinner time. They had lobster and a light tossed salad and steamed vegitables. The chefs and maids stood around the table, making things awkward. Thankfully, Mr. Diaz spoke up.

"Tomorrow you will start school at Seoul American High School, Bethany." Bethany stopped eating and put leaned her head against her arm.

"We haven't even been here for one day, and you are already sending me to school?" Bethany scoffed.

"That's right. By the way, the fact that we are rich is a secret. So you will have to walk to school. Look up the directions tonight and be safe on your walk tomorrow." said Mrs. Diaz as she took a bite into her salad.

"Like I didn't already know that. I'm finished." said Bethany as she got up from her seat.

"No you're not. Sit back down and eat." said Mr. Diaz. The maids and cooks looked at each other, worried if Bethany would get hit or not. Mr. Diaz gave strict orders not to interfere if the Mr. or Mrs. hits Bethany, but it's hard to follow such a rule.

"No thanks. I have to find out where my new school is, don't I? Thanks for the meal." said Bethany walking out of the room.

"That girl." said Mrs Diaz rubbing her temples. Bethany walked up to her room. The maids had already unpacked her things and organized them for her. She saw her uniform hanging on her dresser, and directions to the school sitting on her desk.

"Atleast the maids care," thought Bethany. She pulled out an old backpack and put a pair of jeans and converse in it. "Just in case I decide to ditch." Bethany changed into a pair of pajamas and went to sleep. "I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a long day..." she thought as she dozed off and fell asleep.