Teasing her

Pretending to Love

 

Chapter 6: Teasing her

 

As Soeun saw Mrs. Lee walk out the very door of the restaurant, she felt her heart sink for a moment. She slumped back down again in her seat, as she stared blankly at Junho. For starters, she felt like a total loser. It wasn’t because she was forced to marry a total stranger, who turned out to be the person she swore to kill. No, it wasn’t because of that.  (A/N: Insert sarcasm)

 

For starters, she was going to move into a new house tomorrow.

Heck. Like that would happen. She would just probably ignore that fact that Mrs. Lee even mentioned that she had moving in. It would probably all be forgotten tomorrow anyway.

 

Secondly, her engagement party was next week. So, in six days she would be officially engaged to the fish head in front of her.  

 

Thirdly, she obviously had to break the news to Jieun. Even though she still hated Jieun for leaving her at the auction, Soeun just had to tell her. It was part of the friendship code they made years ago.

 

Code #3: Never keep secrets.

 

And comparing her engagement to one of her other secrets when she was a child, this was a pretty big one, and it would probably be hard to keep since both families were always on the front news of the paper.

 

She looked back at Junho as he was crazily typing into his phone. Tsk, he was probably texting a girl. Junho was a player anyway.

 

At least…that’s what all the magazines stated. 

 

“Am I really that handsome that you have to stare at me all the time?” Junho interrupted with a smirk.

 

Soeun bit her lower lip in anger. “Ah, so you were paying attention to me.” Soeun retorted back as she stood up. Junho faked a laugh, and smirked at her witty comeback.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Junho said as he leaned back on his chair.

“I’m going to leave.” Soeun said as she raised an eyebrow. “Did you really think I would go home with you?” she replied giving Junho a blank stare.  

 

“Ani, I hoped you would gladly take a stroll in the freezing cold rain.”

Soeun glared at Junho with piercing eyes.

“…And anyway, you think my mother actually left?” Junho finished as he took a sip of his drink.

 

“What do you mean?”

    “Do you really think that my mother has an appointment tonight? She’s     probably out there waiting for us, or actually, waiting for you to get out of this   restaurant with me.”

  “What?” Soeun looked at him with cautious eyes.

 

Junho stood up and walked closer to where Soeun was standing. He smiled and leaned into her face as the naïve Soeun turned a crimson red.

 

“Y- y- yah…” Soeun stuttered, “…what do you think you’re doing?” she shouted at Junho not caring about the stares she got. “I’m about to give my mother what she wants.” Junho whispered in Soeun’s ear as he gripped onto her wrist. He quickly dragged her out of the small room, and gripped on tighter as he glided through the numerous tables in the restaurant.

 

    “Yah! Let me go!” Soeun repeated as she struggled to get free of his hand. Junho ignored her until they came to the entrance of the restaurant. Soeun rubbed her wrist, as if his grip from before actually did hurt.

      “Ready to go on a trip?” Junho asked with a slight grin.

 

   “Wh-wha – “

Before Soeun could answer his question, he grabbed her other wrist this time, and pushed the restaurant door open. The wind gushed by them as it started to sprinkle lightly. “I- I left my coat in there!” Soeun shouted.

    “I’ll buy you a new one.”

Soeun couldn’t believe what was happening. He just, out of the blue, dragged her outside in the rain, and left her coat in the restaurant. And he thinks that buying a new one can replace her old one? Was this seriously a joke?!

 

Junho came to a halt, he opened his front door of his car and pushed, well technically ‘shoved’, her in the car.

 

Soeun was dumbstruck. She looked over and saw Junho run over to the other side of the car and open the car door. “Yaaahh!” Soeun shouted as she looked furiously at Junho.  He turned to face Soeun and ruthlessly smiled. Junho leaned in closer.

 

Soeun’s eyes widened as she tried to move back. Although it was a good thought at the time, she knew she was going to run out of room, and before long her head hit the window. “Wh-wh-at do you think y-you’re d-doing?” she stuttered quietly. Junho stopped as the top of his nose was just about to hit hers.

 

She could feel her senses tingling. Why was her heart beating so rapidly? She closed her eyes in fear. If he was going to do what she thought he was going to do, it was best if she didn’t see it. I mean, it wasn’t that she was expecting ‘it’, she just… wasn’t… ready?

 

Junho smiled as her innocence amused him. He leaned in closer, just for his amusement. To be honest, she did look cute. The way her nose was shaped, the way her eyelashes fluttered. She kind of looked… perfe –“

Junho snapped out of it. This whole thing was just some proposal his mother wanted him to sign. Before he grabbed her seatbelt, he looked at her one last time and laughed silently at her blushing cheeks. He turned back to the steering wheel and put in the car keys.

 

Soeun opened her eyes slowly as she looked at the seat belt on her. She turned over to Junho. He was smirking again.  

 

“Safety first.” Junho said as he turned to Soeun and smiled.