Her Decision

Pretending to Love

 

Soeun flipped though the pages of the magazine that Jieun had left behind for her. 

It was around 12 at night and Jieun had left around thirty minutes ago after a long talk with the occasional silence in between as thoughts of their present life had occupied and crowded around their minds.

 

The rest of the night consisted of take out and a late night run to the convenience store with Jieun to buy some more toothpaste and some milk. Of course, Soeun could have easily told one of the workers that were hired by Mr. Jung to do it, but Soeun was always so independent and it seemed as if Jieun and her needed that fresh air. 

 

Soeun skipped a few pages of gossip as she never liked magazines such as these. Truthfully, the only reason why she reading this sort of magazine was because when they arrived at the convenience store, Jieun suddenly handed her the magazine and stated directly staring at her eyes...

 

      "You. Have. To. Read. This."

 

Soeun sighed as she wanted to just put the damned magazine down and go off to bed. It was a struggle to even actually read anything from the magazine, Soeun was told to read every single article.

Soeun skimmed through all the articles on the page she was on and found nothing but gossip, gossip, gossip. She was slowly growing impatient as time went by and just decided to close the magazine and finally go to bed. It was late and she had an early morning tomorrow. Soeun flipped through one last page as she was about to close the magazine when suddenly at the corner of her eye, she saw an article that made her widen her eyes. 

 

Mr. Playboy Junho is getting tied down with 'the one'? 

 

As rumors have stated, Lee Junho the infamous playboy who has swept so many hearts and left some even broken, has apparently found his other half and are planning to tie down the knot! On the night of the auction Mrs.Lee had held, witnesses have stated that Junho had left the hall early, and was spotted with a lady outside. Insiders have also stated that Junho is already engaged, yet not confirmation has been made. Although it is very overwhelming for some to hear this news, the real question that is beating at so many ladies hearts is, who is the lady that made Lee Junho decide to spend the rest of his life with?  

 

Soeun couldn't believe what she was reading. No way was this happening. It wasn't happening. No. She re-read the article and closed the magazine completely. 

   "So this is why Jieun wanted me to read the magazine." 

 

She sighed and looked towards the ceiling. She had to accept this one way or another, and it was about time she did that. Whether she liked it or not, she was to marry Lee Junho, no one else. 

 

Soeun got up from the couch and stretched as she walked over to the kitchen to get a drink of water to calm her nerves down. She was about to leave when her phone vibrated. 

 

1 New Message

 

- Still awake? 

 

Soeun read the message confused and looked at the number of the sender. 

   "It's an unknown number?" Soeun thought aloud. She scratched her head in confusion. Maybe someone texted the wrong number by mistake?  

   "I should probably let them know that." She typed the message and sent it straight away. 

 

- I think you've received the wrong number. 

 

Soeun put down her phone and down and decided to take the long awaited bath she had been wanting to take since the afternoon. 

 

. . . 

 

- I think you've received the wrong number. 

 

Junho smiled at her reply back. She was more logical than he thought, but that didn't mean he was surprised. He sighed at her and smirked. 

 

- Are you sure? Because I think I have the right number. This is Kim Soeun's mobile number right? 

 

As soon as he sent the text, he smiled to himself and put his phone down to get ready for bed. 

 

~ ~ ~ 

 

Soeun woke up and looked at the time on her alarm clock, it was 7:15am and it seemed as if there was ruckus down stairs in the kitchen. She got out of bed, still half asleep and put on a light cardigan to check what commotion was going on. 

 

She took tentative steps down towards the kitchen and she smelt what was seemed like food. Soeun knew that her maids wouldn't dare to cook her anything as she had specifically told them that she would cook for herself, yet the smell didn't deny the fact that someone was definitely cooking something. She peered into the kitchen and found a familiar lady mixing some ingredients together in a bowl.   

 

"Mrs. Jung?" 

 

The lady put down the bowl turned around. 

  "Soeun-ah!" She said with a nourishing and caring tone as she smiled. Soeun smiled lightly and walked towards her.

    "What are you doing here so early in the morning?" 

 

Mrs. Jung was one of the kindest people she had known after her own parents. Mrs. Jung was know to have close ties with her parents as Mr. Jung was her father's secretary. Despite the facts though, Soeun hardly ever opened up to anyone other than her parents, so to her Mrs. Jung seemed like just a normal caring and nourishing person that loved her. Although with enough said, Soeun also loved her back. 

 

   "I thought you needed a good filling breakfast with what you have to put up with tonight." 

Soeun pretended to smile. "Right. Tonight's the night my engagement is to be known to the world." she said while sighing. 

Mrs. Jung looked at Soeun concerned. 

   "Why don't you sit down first and try some of the pancakes I made?" Mrs. Jung suggested. 

 

Soeun nodded and sat down on the stool as Mrs. Jung handed a plate of food to her. 

  "So is everything going well these days?" Mrs. Jung questioned her as she picked up the bowl and started to mix again. 

  "It's starting to go smoothly again. I I was actually supposed to graduate a few months ago, but I guess life just got to crazy for me, so I just resigned from the whole thing." 

 

Mrs. Jung looked up at her and found Soeun playing around with her food. "She must have so many thoughts about her life at the moment" Mrs. Jung thought. She walked over to where Soeun was sitting and held one of her hands.  

 

    "Look here Soeun, I know this must be one of the hardest decisions in your entire life, and I won't deny the fact that if I were in your same position I would just give up because of my own selfish needs, but you, you Soeun, were always so special. You've always thought of everyone else first rather than yourself, and having to do what your doing so young, you would've made your parents absolutely proud no doubt." 

 

Soeun looked down as she feared to look at Mrs. Jung's face due to the fact that she was going feel the cold harsh tears coming down her face. 

  "I'm just going to run upstairs and freshen up first." Soeun said changing the subject straight away. She turned around and walked back up the stairs before Mrs. Jung could call her. 

 

Soeun closed the door of her room and exhaled. She was now more confused than ever. Soeun knew that she was doing what she thought was right, but was it what she wanted? After a solid ten minutes of thoughts flying in and out of her mind, she decided she was going to make a promise here on out.

 

She was going to make a contract. 

 

And she needed Junho to sign it.

 

 

 

....... 

 

 

Author's Note: Firstly, before you all try to kill me for not uploading in "forever" I would like to apologize sincerely and thank every single subscriber that is still with me. I have no excuse for not updating and I would like to apologize once more.