Chapter 4: Operation: Seduce Key

The Kingka and The Diva

"Okay class! In your seats!" Mrs. Shin demanded, snapping her fingers. The students rolled their eyes and sat down on their desks, preparing paper and a pen to pass notes to their friends. However, Key was still standing, blinking at his fellow classmates. He had overcome his first day and is now experiencing his second. 

 

"Uhm, Mrs. Shin?" Key spoke up. "Where do I sit?"

 

Mrs. Shin gave Key a dirty look. "Well..." she grumbled before pointing her ridiculously long finger in a certain direction. Key jerked his head and let his mouth hang agape. "Sit beside Kim Jonghyun please."

 

"Thanks," Key grumbled, reluctant to sit beside him of all people. Luckily, his new desk was a window seat so he didn't have to see that dinosaur face. He sat down, let his cheek lie on the palm of his right hand, and looked outside the window. When Jonghyun turned to see the newcomer, he smirked. He was going to have fun. However, Minho happened to notice Jonghyun's weird expression and frowned. Lightly pulling out a sticky note, Minho scribbled something on it before he crumpled it and threw it swiftly, bouncing off of Jonghyun's head. Jonghyun rubbed the part where the sticky note landed and picked up the yellow ball on the floor. He gave Minho a slight glare before opening it up and reading its content.

 

'Hey hyung, stop thinking erted thoughts!'

 

Jonghyun blushed and clumsily took out a black pen from his pocket, slightly jumping at the beep from the morning announcements. He stole a piece of binder paper from the boy behind him and jotted down something before crumpling it up and throwing it at Minho. The dinosaur cursed when the frog skillfully dodged it. Minho stuck out his tongue and picked the piece of paper off of the ground.

 

'Hey dongsaeng, I HATE KEY. Why, do you like him? >:D'

 

And then...well...you know the cycle. 

 

'No. o.o it's pretty obvious you do though. >.>'

 

'Pfft. Stop lying!'

 

'...Okay anyways, stop thinking erted thoughts!'

 

'I'm not, but hey, I got an idea.'

 

'Oh god. What is it?'

 

'I'll seduce Key!'

 

'...That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard from you.'

 

'I'm just going to give it a try.'

 

'You aren't going to make it. I know what you're trying to do.'

 

'Yeah, yeah whatever.'

 

The notes were put to a stop and Jonghyun then proceeded to carry on his plan. Jonghyun tapped Key on the shoulder, a smirk on his face. Key had the urge to smack his head repeatedly but didn't. He continued to stare through the window, watching the birds fly and perch on the tree branches.

 

Jonghyun groaned. He hated being ignored. But then a creepy smile formed on his lips. He leaned towards Key until he reached his neck so people could think he was just whsipering and the tender skin. Key, startled as someone in a horror movie, bit his lip to try not to slap Jonghyun all the way to Canada. I mean, what would you do if someone randomly you like that? In the neck of all places. Key acted like nothing happened and just continued to stare out the window.

 

Jonghyun chuckled and whispered, "You know you love it baby~" Key responded by scooting over until he was sitting on the edge of his chair. Like always, he was just staring out that glass window. Jonghyun clicked his teeth in annoyance. This was harder than he thought. Suddenly, the familiar feeling of being hit by a crumpled paper ball hit him. Jonghyun picked it up and read it.

 

'You fail. Told you.'

 

Jonghyun glared at his dongsaeng, who was probably getting a stomach workout from laughing too much. Jonghyun let out a low growl and turned to Key.

 

'Just wait Key. Just wait.'

 

---

 

Time flew by fast and the next thing the students knew was that they were at third period.

 

"Welcome class!" the teacher greeted, receiving a monotonous response. However, he continued to flash a vibrant smile as he paced back and forth in front of the art room. Key was sitting in front of his canvas, staring at the paint in front of him. Blue, red, green, and other colors were lined up neatly, but the color that stood out the most, well to Key, was the bubbly color pink.

 

"Today, we are going to paint something we despise," the teacher announced. Key perked up. There were many things he hated, but the canvas was simply too small to fit them all in there.

 

'Hmmm...what do I hate? I hate annoying people...erted people...dumb people...hey, I just described Jonghyun. But I have to do something appropriate...I know!'

 

Key picked up his brush, the future results already clouding his mind. Pretty much using all the colors available, He stippled the canvas sloppily. He then painted circles, ovals, and rectangles and drew lines and curves to make a human figure. Now for the fun part. Key dipped the tip of the paintbrush into the can of gray paint and made a gray T-shirt to cover the stomach. He then used the pink paint to make a vest. And it was done.

 

The diva looked around to see how the others were doing. Onew was painting chicken being thrown away in the garbage can. Sekyung was doodling two people. One of them must be her, since it was a girl with a ty red dress, and the other must be this guy who must be 'hot' in her opinion. A big fat 'no' was on the top of the canvas. Minho painted a scoreboard with the words 'Minho vs. Opponent'. Under Minho was a '0' while under Opponent was an infinity symbol. Must hate losing. Lastly, Jonghyun was painting a key. Key had a feeling he knew the true meaning behind the ugly painting.

 

"Time to share!" The teacher declared. He turned to Key first. "So Key, what is your painting about?"

 

Key coughed before speaking. "I hate getting dirty."

 

"We can tell," Jonghyun spoke in a low voice that was loud enough for everyone to hear. Few giggled, others stayed silent, and Key rolled his eyes. "As I was saying, I hate getting dirty. This--" Key pointed at the human figure "--is me. Behind me is paint. In primary school, I played paintball with my cousins and got drenched with paint. It stained everywhere and ruined my favorite jacket and jeans with its distinctive colors. Overall, I hate getting dirty with paint."

 

"Very nice Key," the teacher praised as the class clapped. "Okay next, Jonghyun?"

 

"I hate keys." Jonghyun said, using the word 'keys' in English.

 

"And why is that?"

 

"They are too shiny. Manages to open up things no one else can. Yeah."

 

His stupidity is pretty self-explanatory.

 

"Well, okay then...Sekyung?"

 

"I HATE rejection!" Sekyung piped up. Only after a second Key hated her already. As he saw Jonghyun's dreamy expression towards Sekyung, Key hated her more. "I mean, why would anyone want to reject me?! Ugh!"

 

'Because you are a with a capital B,' Key thought. He wondered why he didn't paint Sekyung. Oh yeah, she wasn't appropriate.

 

After everyone else had shared their hatred with what they painted, the bell rang. Key walked with Onew down to the back of the school and entered the boys' locker room. He took out the received P.E. clothes out of his messenger bag and gave them a glare. A dark blue shirt with a yellow star in the center and shorts full of air holes. They were ugly clothes.

 

Unlike most of the boys in the locker room, who were obnoxiously showing off their boxers and skin, Key hid behind the broad side of the P.E. lockers, stripped off his usual garments, and put on those ugly clothes. He loved privacy.

 

Jonghyun, being the first one out of the locker room along with Minho, bounced up and down on the tennis courts, where his P.E. teacher told them to huddle up. He was wearing a sweatshirt with shorts while Minho was wearing the original P.E. shirt with shorts.

 

"How long will he make us stand here?" Jonghyun groaned impatiently.

 

"Just until everyone comes here," Minho answers, staring at the students exiting the locker room. He then smirks, getting closer to Jonghyun before whispering, "Hey, Key is out."

 

"Who cares?" Jonghyun scoffed, but he jerked his head over to Key's direction. He tried not to drool all over the floor when he spotted Key in a T-shirt and shorts. What caught Jonghyun's eye was the way Key's hairless, creamy legs were moving flawlessly under the sun. The dinosaur unknowingly his lips, and he didn't notice until Minho made some sort of a gagging noise. "What?"

 

"Hyung, I thought you were just playing around when you him..."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"He only jogged and yet you are already--"

 

"You do know I love Sekyung right?" Jonghyun interrupted, afraid of hearing more.

 

"Sure you do," Minho said, his tone full of doubt. Jonghyun just shook his head. Minho was just teasing him like always. Seducing Key was just an act...right?

 

"I want you all to play Hide and Seek. When I blow the whistle, huddle up! Yoseob, you are it." the P.E. teacher called out, receiving disappointed nods. Playing Hide and Seek when they were in high school? Not what you expected. However, Key was happy that they were playing such a childish game. It was way too simple.

 

And Jonghyun was completely happy. Why? He had the most brilliant idea.

 

"1...2...3..." Yoseob uttered quietly while covering his eyes with his hands. Everyone else has scattered to different places. Key was hiding on the side of the locker room building. He slightly moved his head over the edge to see if Yoseob was still counting, which he was. Suddenly, Key felt an arm wrap around his shoulder, giving him goosebumps. He turned around to see Jonghyun grinning. Oh Shisus, why?

 

"What do you need, hyung?" Key said 'sweetly', trying to act polite. It was even harder than a math exam, if that was possible.

 

"What? I just want to see my friend," Jonghyun replied. Key felt his eye twitch. They weren't even close to friends!

 

"Uh huh."

 

"Unless..." Jonghyun suddenly said, leaning closer to Key. "...you want to be more than that?"

 

How erted can this guy get?

 

Key already knew about Jonghyun's true intentions, but it wasn't working at all. He just wanted to stay farther and farther away from him.

 

"Oh, god!" Key changed the subject of the conversation. "It looks like Yoseob is coming! I better run!" And Key ran away. Jonghyun stared at the leaving figure, attracted (yet he doesn't have the nerve to admit) and annoyed.

 

---

 

"Hey Key!" Onew greeted as he sat next to the diva, who wasn't in the mood to eat. He was playing around with his chocolate cake, using a plastic fork to cut the cake into crumbs.

 

"Hi hyung," Key smiled weakly. 

 

"What happened while I was buying lunch?"

 

"Sooyoung and Kevin just came here to greet me," Key shrugged.

 

"Making friends! How nice!" Onew exclaimed happily. However, he soon frowned. "Why are you so down?"

 

"It's nothing."

 

"Oh," Onew said, a playful grin creeping up his face. "Is it about that basketball game at P.E. today--?"

 

"DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT!" Key yelped, flustered and humiliated. After the game of tag, the class was divided into two teams for their basketball game. Key did not want to remember such...such embarrassment! Onew erupted into laughter, his hand clutching on to his stomach. People who were passing by gave him a peculiar look before shaking their heads and going to their table.

 

"S-sorry, Key..." Onew said, wiping a tear of joy off of his cheek. "Your reaction was very...interesting..."

 

"Yeah, yeah," Key replied, slightly blushing. "So please don't--"

 

"Key!"

 

'Oh no. That voice...'

 

"Key!" Jonghyun called out once again. He came closer and closer and finally reached the two. Onew was clearly puzzled, but quite displeased. Key felt many negative feelings building up inside of him.

 

"Yes?" Key said as Jonghyun sat next to him.

 

"Feed me."

 

"...What?"

 

Jonghyun pointed at the cake crumbs that were still piled up neatly on Key's plate. "That."

 

Key gawked. He opened his mouth to scold the kingka but stopped, gained self-control, and said, "Okay."

 

As Jonghyun was about to thank Key in a 'seductive' way, Minho's voice called out, "Hyung! Sooman-sshi is requesting for you!"

"Again..." Jonghyun mumbled under his breath before standing up from the table. He left without a word.

 

"He's gone," Onew spoke up. 

 

Key jerked his head towards the chicken-loving teen. "You don't like how he left us? He was annoying!"

 

"No, I'm quite happy he left us," Onew agreed. "I've found out why he's acting all strange today. And it involves you."

 

Key raised an eyebrow. "So I'm not the only one."

 

"Yes. He just wants to seduce you so he'll finally get you to snap and ruin that 'chance' he gave you yesterday," Onew answered between gritted teeth. "He wants to torture you Key, and everyone else around to show who really runs the school."

 

"Onew-hyung..." Key murmured softly. "Do you hate him? Like...very much?"

 

"No. I hate him more than very," Onew laughed bitterly. "This isn't his school. It is all ours. We are supposed to be one community, and no one else can run it better than all of us together...yet...he...that tradition..."

 

"Onew..."

 

"It's alright," Onew said, smiling weakly. "We should get going." Onew got up from the table and walked away. 

 

And throughout the day, Key stayed silent, sometimes glancing at Onew and Jonghyun in his classes. Many thoughts were running through his mind. Did other students wanted a school where there were no such things as kingkas and queenkas ruining lives like Onew? Did they? If they did, then why didn't they make a move yet? Then a realization hit him. There was no possible way to get rid of such tradition. It was now forever marked in the school, no matter who gets rid of it or not. 

 

So a new question popped into his mind: Is it possible to change a kingka or queenka?

 

And maybe Key can, since keys are, like Jonghyun said, shiny and can manage to open up the hardest things. 

 

But who knows what the future held?


Thank you for your understanding. 

So. My longest chapter yet my most unnecessary one.

Meanwhile, anyone got a deviantart? Here's mine: xELFNamedKristi. If you watch me...

I won't watch back until requested though. :c

Kamsamnida for reading! Bye bye~