Chapter 1: The Beginning

The Kingka and The Diva

"Psst! Have you heard?"

 

"Heard of what?"

 

"Kim Jonghyun rejected another girl!"

 

"Bwoh?! Another one?"

 

"Sixth time this month!"

 

"That cold hearted bastard! Can't he think of anyone else's feelings just for once?"

 

"I know right? Thinking he's such an idol when he's...you know, a bastard!"

 

"Excuse me?" a voice spoke up out of the blue, interjecting the conversation taking place in the cafeteria that was right smacked dabbed in the center of the cafeteria. The two boys who were talking earlier stiffened, for the subject of the conversation was right before them. Kim Jonghyun was grinning at the two, but it wasn't the type of grin that could relieve you from any source of stress nor excite you in any way. If you look beyond the perfectly white, bared pearls that Kim Jonghyun naturally possessed, he was angry.

 

Definitely angry.

 

"J-jonghyun-hyung!" one of the boys exclaimed, trembling with fright.

 

"What were you guys talking about a few seconds ago?" Jonghyun questioned, already knowing the obvious answer to his own question.

 

"W-well..."

 

"Well?" Jonghyun said, urging them to go on forward. His expression darkened as he awaited his answer. The boy gulped, nut the other one responded with no hint of hesitation

 

"Talking about how you , Jonghyun-hyung," the other one spat in Jonghyun's face. Everyone, even Jonghyun's lackeys, gasped at the sudden action. It wasn't bravery, rather stupidity in the eyes of the students.

 

Jonghyun, however, didn't flinch. He simply smirked, wiped the spit off of his face nonchalantly, and said, "...Jiyong, Lee Joon...take care of them for me. Not worth my time." Jiyong and Lee Joon simply nodded and pulled the boys out of the cafeteria. The bystanders, excluding Jonghyun's friends, stared in pity. They knew what would happen next, and it included punching, kicking, and of course, cursing. After they were completely out of the cafeteria doors, everyone acted as if nothing happened. The accident was only spoken through discreet whispers in the ears.

 

While Jonghyun's group of friends were sitting down in the cafeteria table, goofing off and talking about the random things going in life, the dino was staring at a beautiful female figure by the name of Shin Sekyung, the most popular girl of SM High. While he was the main kingka, she was the main queenka. Both rich and beautiful, they were perfect for each other. Well to him, but he was always right. A dreamy sigh escaped his lips as Sekyung was talking to her friends, only accepting to hear her angelic voice.

 

"Jonghyun-hyung?" a familiar deep voice said, dragging Jonghyun back to the sad reality. The kingka whipped his head around to give a menacing glare to Choi Minho, the second most popular male in SM High and is considered the second main kingka. He was also Jonghyun's best friend, and Jonghyun didn't really mind having him around. Well, except for his dreamy moments with Sekyung.

 

"Can't you see I'm having a moment here?" Jonghyun responded, turning his attention back to the girl of his dreams. Minho caught on and the corners of lips tugged into a playful grin.

 

"Jonghyun-hyung's in love~" Minho teased, "Jonghyun and Sekyung kissing in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N--"

 

"Yah, Minho!" Jonghyun said, slapping his hand on Minho's mouth, but he retracted it when he felt a tip of a tongue his palm, "Man, you're gross! Is that a way to treat your hyung?"

 

Minho rolled his eyes, "Anyways, I heard you rejected another girl. Who?"

 

"I don't know her name," Jonghyun answered, shrugging. 

 

Minho sighed. Jonghyun always forgot the names of girls he rejected or played with. He bet his hyung only remembered Sekyung's name. Speaking of Jonghyun, a victory smile cracked his lips when he saw Jiyong and Lee Joon returning to the table with no signs of bruises and scratches, "Looks like they won't mess with me anymore."

 

"Looks like I missed something," Minho let out a long sigh, "Another one?"

 

"Well, they talked behind my back, and I didn't like it. So I simply 'disciplined' them."

 

"You aren't Sooman-sshi you know."

 

Jonghyun snorted, "Sooman, our principal? He shouldn't even be the principal." Jonghyun then put his legs on top of the cafeteria table, somehow balanced, "After all, this is MY school he owns."

---

"This is your new school!"

 

Key looked up at the school building in The first thing that caught his eye was the school entrance, which was basically a see-through towel bar door with a minor roof towering above it. The courtyard was full of wrappers, but a janitor was currently sweeping them away. The building was beige with clear windows and it was also pretty large in width and height. Key backed up a little bit to see a greenhouse on top of the flat roof. Through an average person's eyes, the school was pretty decent, but to Key, it was different.

 

"I like the one in Daegu better."

 

"Oh Key..." his mother said sadly, ruffling her son's hair. "I know the move was too soon, but it's for my job, and you wouldn't have any problems making new friends, right?"

 

As soon as his mother let go of his hair, Key hastily brushed it back to normal using his fingers. "I'll try," he grumbled.

 

"Good," Key's mother said, perking up. "Let's enter, shall we?"

 

The two entered the school and Key scrunched up his nose. In his old school the halls smelled of fresh shampoo and flowers. In this 'monstrosity', he smelled of food and cheap perfume that was meant to smell nice but by the second became too strong for the nose to bear. The walls were covered in written profanities and there were little puddles of soda on the floor. Plus the colors of the tiles didn't match with the color of the walls. In one minute he could already tell that the school taught jerks and s. Perfect. Just perfect.

 

"This looks nice," Key's mother said, earning a strange look from Key that said 'I-love-you-but-you-got-no-taste-in-picking-schools'. Key's mother then looked around before she spotted a door on the right that was labeled 'The Office'. "Let's go!"

 

Key pushed open the door and peered the room. The walls were green, but the paint was barely shown because photos, certificates, and sticky notes were neatly hung up on the wall. Key saw a man, presumably the principal, sitting down in his desk typing away on his laptop. He looked up when he heard the door creak, seeing Key and his mother.

 

"...Have a seat," the principal said after a moment of silence, his hand gesturing to the black seats in front of him. Key along with his mother nodded and sat down. The principal turned towards Key, his eyes giving off a cold icy stare. Key felt his breath hitch, but his conscious told him to calm down, which he did. 

 

"I assume you are the new student, Kim Kibum?" the principal asked. Key nodded, slightly cringing when he heard his real name.. "Let's see..." Sooman searched through a folder and took out five pieces of paper. He gave one of them to Key and the rest to his mother. Key scanned before he confirmed it was his schedule:

 

8:30 - 8:45: (School Starts) Homeroom 

8:50 - 9:40: Math

8:45 - 9:35: Korean

9:40 - 10:30: Fine Arts

10:35 - 11:25: Physical Education

11:30 - 12:20: Music

12:20 - 1:20: Lunch

1:25 - 2:15: Science

2:20 - 3:10: Home Economics

3:15 - 4:05: English

4:10 - 5:00: History (School Ends)

     

Key sighed in content. He quite liked his schedule, and there were some subjects he didn't get taught in his old school like Fine Arts. The only problems was that he was horrible at Physical Education and History, to him, was the most boring subject, and it just HAD to be last. 

 

"The other four papers are forms you must fill out," Sooman explained. "You will be starting here tomorrow, correct?. I won't be here, so give it to your homeroom teacher. Are we clear?" Key and his mother nodded while scanning the papers, glancing up at the principal. "Any questions?"

 

"Um, excuse me," Key spoke up. "I haven't had a chance to tour around this school yet."

 

"For the first three periods, you will be excused," Sooman said. "Your homeroom teacher will appoint a fellow classmate to tour you around."

 

"And when will we receive his P.E. uniforms?" Key's mother asked.

 

"It will be mailed to you, possibly...around tomorrow evening. Anything else?"

 

"Wait," Key piped up. "Can you repaint the walls?"

 

"Key!" Key's mother said, lightly smacking her son on the shoulder.

 

"What?" Key whispered to his mother. "Haven't you seen those marks? Hideous!"

 

"Is that all?" the principal asked, pretending not to hear Key's last question. He was unaware of the diva rolling his feline eyes. When he received silence, he said, "Good. You may leave." 

 

---

 

"Wasn't that a nice school, Key?" Key's mother said as she hung her woolen coat on the coat rack. Key entered their apartment, still not used to it unlike their old suburban house in Daegu. It was painted a clean white, and the rest of the furniture at the apartment was white too. It contained a quite peaceful feeling, but Key didn't like 'peaceful'. He liked 'home'.

 

"Uh huh," Key 'agreed', though his tone obviously said 'I WANNA GO BACK HOME NOW.' He took off his shoes and walked past the living room, opening the door leading to his bedroom. He looked at it, proud, since he spent his first day in Seoul decorating his new room using the furniture from his old home. He jumped onto his bed and his laptop. After waiting for a few moments, he logged on to his account and opened up to a chat website where he and his best friend Taemin promised to meet. Key felt the corners of his lips curve into a smile when he found out his friend was online. 

 

'Hello~' Key typed to Taemin. The response he got made Key laugh with joy.

 

'KEY-UMMMMMMMMA!!!' was what Taemin sent to Key. Key missed his 'son' so much.

 

'Son! Are you eating properly? How's school? Lay off on the banana milk, too!' 

 

'What does banana milk have to do with this? Oh, and school's fine. Have you started school yet?' 

 

'Nope. Starting tomorrow though. Aish, I wanna go back. I miss you and the others!'

 

'Eh? But Seoul is wonderful!'

 

'Sure, but nothing is better than my hometown.'

 

'Don't worry, umma! You'll get used to it! Besides, I'll be here, arasso?'

 

Now Key was the one who sounded like the son. 'Arasso, arasso. Anyways, I wanna take a bath. I'll see you later. Bye Bye~'

 

'Okay! Bye umma!' 

 

Key logged out before he put his laptop on sleep mode. Somehow, his bed was too comfy. Instead of going to the bathroom, he plopped down to a lying position and just stared at the ceiling. How will his new life turn out to be like? In his opinion, the school looked liked it came out of a dump, but looks can be deceiving. Would it be like his old school, where it was paradise? Or a living hell? If possible, both? He didn't know. He was just going to have to wait and see.

 

And before he could do anything else, he slipped out of his consciousness and fell asleep.


First chapter done!

I just added Key's bedroom because I was in a good mood, lol.

Omona, I was so happy when I logged in and found out I had fourteen subscribers.

Naaaw, I'm kidding. but seriously, I was happy. Kamsamnida! I promise, the second chapter will be more interesting. >.<

Again Kamsamnida! Time to close off this chapter with a little JongKey! 

 Bye bye~