Chapter 8: During the Storm Part 2

The Kingka and The Diva

 

' this .'


 

Key harshly slammed his locker door, the loud clank echoing throughout the vacant halls. It was after school; 5:30 P.M. to be precise. A split second later, the locker burst open, and out came sticky notes written with insults and profanities. The diva rolled his feline eyes and just kicked them next to the garbage can like in a soccer match. 


 

"Ha, to think he could come and save me. What is wrong with you Key? Are you high?" Key snorted to himself as he scooped the rest of the notes stuck on the insides of his locker and threw them inside the garbage. "That no-good-dirty-rotten Dino Bastard would never save someone unless it was Sekyung."
 


 

Key cleared his throat before he adjusted his voice, bringing it up to a higher pitch. "'You! How dare you do that to Jonghyun-oppa!? I'm so perfect, tee hee hee!'" He let out a low, ominous growl and proceeded to throw away the scattered papers.
 


 

"Oh, Key."


 

Key sighed heavily, braced for the worst, and turned around to look up and see none other than Choi Minho. He was wearing his P.E. clothes and a green duffel bag was slung over his shoulder. 


 

"...What are you doing here?" Key asked with a questioning glower.


 

Minho was strangely unaffected. "Came from soccer practice."


 

"Then you should go home now."


 

"Same goes for you."


 

Key continued to glare menacingly at the latter. "...What do you want?"


 

"I was actually going to talk to you tomorrow morning, but it you're here already, so..."


 

"Talk?" Key crossed his arms and looked at Minho with suspicion. "About what? My hair? Weight? Height?"


 

"...No, about Jonghyun..."


 

Key looked at Minho with disgust before he turned back to his messy locker. "That's even worse."


 

"Look Key," Minho sighed, ready to persuade the impossible. "I know Jonghyun is really an , and he has caused you alot--and I mean ALOT--of trouble, but once you get to know him--"


 

A slam from a certain locker caused the startled frog to jump, feeling the hairs on his nape stand with fright. "Get to know him?!" Key snarled, his fists clenched tight. "I already know him! He's nothing but a ing conceited dinosaur!"


 

"Jonghyun just doesn't understand you, okay? Just give him a chance. You may finally be able to break him."


 

"...Break...him?"


 

"You'll see," Minho nodded. "And advice for you: Ignore. Everybody. Just continue to live life until this whole thing ends. Never tell anyone about this, okay?"
 


 

"...Okay," Key grumbled. "Thanks for the advice, too."


 

Minho smiled and ruffled Key's hair, unaware of the danger that follows afterwards. "Okay, see you later." And with a turn, he left.


 

"...My...hair...! Get back here, you...!"


 

---


 

"Onew?" Mir called out behind the front door, knocking on the mahogany with light taps.


 

"Come in! It's unlocked!" He heard Onew's deep voice. Mir twisted the knob and entered Onew's small yet cozy home. He threw a full glance at Onew, who was plopped on the couch watching the food network on television.


 

"Hey! Where are your parents?" Mir asked out of curiosity, hanging his wool jacket on the coat rack along with his white, woolen beanie.


 

"On a cruise," Onew simply answered, peeking over his shoulder to give Mir a welcoming smile. "It's a month long trip, so I'm here alone."


 

"Nice," Mir chuckled. "I brought you some chicken soup. Want some?"


 

This time Onew turned his whole body around and his eyes shined with gratitude and joy. "Yes!" he childishly yelped before he skillfully jumped over the couch and joined Mir on the dining table. He sat down and clapped happily as Mir poured the broth of chicken soup on a porcelain bowl. Onew snatched the spoon Mir offered and started to eat.


 

"...Onew, why can't you just go to school? Hiding like this is just..." Mir trailed off, having a chance to shake his head.


 

"I do want to go back, but..." Onew harshly nibbled his bottom lip.


 

"Running away won't solve a thing."

 

"I know that!" Onew snapped. Now instead of eating the soup, he was now playing with the spoon like the bowl of soup was never there.


 

"Look, Key slapped Jonghyun today. He then picked a fight with Sekyung and got caught by Sooman-sshi," Mir confessed. He flashed a sad smile and watched as Onew dropped his spoon and suddenly punch the dining table with great power, which is what the usual exuberant Onew wouldn't do.


 

"W-why...?" Onew stuttered, a shadow covering his pair of brown eyes.
 


 

"This is really something," Mir spoke, his voice barely audible. "Even though he is involved in one of Jonghyun's schemes he still fights back. This is a first." He then turned to face Onew. "Onew, you've got to help Key. He trusts you more than anyone else in SM High..."


 

"I really do want to help..."


 

"Then why can't you? He's suffering! I-I'm weak...I can't do it...Only you are the one who can help him," Mir looked away, for he was on the verge of tears. Onew slowly brought his hands up to his face, covering his eyes to prevent anyone from seeing the tears fall from his eyes.


 

"I can't do it either..."


 

'...Because the minute I see him getting hurt...I'll just die painfully then and there.'


 

---


 

Sekyung growled in distress as she continued to massage her scalp with her fingers. She was sitting in her luxurious vanity, admiring her reflection in the glass mirror. Her hand was grabbing on to a pink brush, and using it she brushed her hair, getting rid of the tangles that rarely even occur. But as she recalled the events that happened earlier through the day, the way she brushed her hair grew harsh.

 

"Stupid...Kim...Kibum!" She screamed and hurled the brush at the mirror. The mirror shattered into tiny glass pieces, but Sekyung was unharmed. She simply huffed and crossed her arms. "Oh well, I'll just tell appa to buy me a new one."

 

She stood up from the vanity and proceeded to lie down on her king-sized bed. She thought, and she continued to think when she suddenly sat up as an idea popped into her devious little brain, and a mischievous smirk suddenly replaced her troubled frown.

 

"I finally know the perfect revenge."


I feel so guilty.

I am so sorry. I promised 3-7 days, but then...

THE LONG TESTS ATTACKED.

And not only that, I am getting good grades in all subjects, except I am badly failing Math.

Seriously, Math is one of the most important subjects, yet I am horrible.

So from now on, I will not make any promises. If I do, something will just come up and asdfghjkl; I'm dead.

So random question of the day:

Do you guys watch Junjou Romantica? If so, favorite couple?

I rewatched it after a year and I am again obsessed. My favorite couple is a tie between Romantica, and Egoist, just in case you are wondering.

If you guys do, I will express you my gratitude with...uhm...anything you request, I guess.

In between the months that I haven't updated in, I completely fell in love with EXO. After learning about them more, Chanyeol became my bias! Happy Virus! <3

I will also be starting a Drabble Series featuring the couples of Super Junior. This future project of mine will inspire me just in case I'm losing inspiration in this story.

Kamsamnida for reading! Bye bye~