Chapter 3: Meeting

The Kingka and The Diva

"Excuse me, but do you have any idea what you just did?" Jonghyun hissed. When he realized who bumped into him and caused his clothes to be a mess, his heart skipped a beat. ', it's the new kid.'

 

"What did I do?" Key boldly replied, a blank stare in place. Jonghyun's frown grew bigger. The students' mouths were dangling wide open, and there was only one question in everyone's minds.

 

'What the hell just happened?'

 

"Don't play dumb," Jonghyun snorted. He narrowed his gaze and pointed an accusing finger at Key. "YOU made--" Jonghyun then pointed at his leather jacket that was stained with tomato sauce. "--This! And you are going to pay for it!"

 

Key rolled his eyes. "Pay for that thing? please."

 

Jonghyun felt his jaw tighten. "Excuse me, but this 'thing' cost me 80,000 won."

 

"Bwoh?" Key responded as if he was surpised. "Even before it got jacked up it looked like it came out of a dump."

 

Many 'ooohs' emitted from the crowd of watching teenagers. Now everyone who wasn't interested a few seconds ago was certainly interested now. How could anyone stand up to Kim Jonghyun like that? It was certainly rare, yet very interesting. What made it even more intriguing was the fact that the one who was standing up to Jonghyun was a new student.

 

Jonghyun almost felt his pride slip away by his fingers, but it wasn't time yet. He smirked. "So, Kim Kibum, wasn't it?"

 

"Don't call me that wretched name. I am Key, and I always will be."

 

"Key?" Jonghyun had to frown. It was English, that alien language. But he did know that a key was used to open up locked doors. It was shiny too. 

 

"Look," Key spoke up. "I'm hungry and I don't want to start a fight with anyone that isn't my size."

 

This cued even louder outbursts. Jonghyun was very close into plummeting the diva into the ground and bury him alive. Onew spotted Jonghyun's frustration and grabbed Key by the wrist.

 

"Key, I think we should leave," Onew whispered. 

 

"I wish, but as you can see this bastard is in our way," Key whispered back, having a chance to glower at Jonghyun, who was trying to shush the crowd using his 'polite' words. And by polite, he meant 'Shut up!' and 'Stuff your mouth with a sock!'. Key had to roll his eyes again for such bluntness.

 

"No you don't understand it's--"

 

"Hey, Kibum!" Jonghyun spoke up. When he saw Onew and Key whispering to each other he didn't know why but he felt something stir inside of him, and he didn't like it. However, those negative feelings were lifted when Key looked back at him. Why was that?

 

"It's Key!" Key snarled. He wanted to throw him into a wall and laugh like there was no tomorrow. That would be a sweet dream. 

 

"Yeah yeah," Jonghyun said. "You sure you don't know who you're messing with?"

 

"Yes I do. I'm messing with an ."

 

"I'm talking to a , so we're both even."

 

"Just move your fat out of the way."

 

"Not if you move yours first!"

 

"Excuse me? If I recall, YOU were the one who bumped into ME!"

 

"You must be hallucinating. I was standing as innocent as ever when you and your pasta splattered all over me and my clothes."

 

"'Innocent' my ! I bet you've ed at least a million people, both boys and girls!"

 

Jonghyun snorted. "Number one, I'm straight. Number two, I'm still a , mind you."

 

"Uh huh. You're secret is safe with me."

 

"Are you talking about that secret? About me hating you when I first saw you in homeroom?"

 

So this guy was in his homeroom. "I already know you hate me. You haters can just go to the left."

 

"Kiss-."

 

"Motherer."

 

"Dip."

 

"Dickhead."

 

"."

 

"...OH THAT DOES IT--" Key began before he lunged at Jonghyun. In mid-air he felt two strong arms grab him under his own arms, and the next thing he knew he was struggling in Onew's grasp, flailing his arms about in the air. Jonghyun was doing the same thing, except he was being held by Minho.

 

"Let go of me, Minho!" Jonghyun shouted out, now kicking his feet in the air. Stupid dongsaeng of his excelling at sports. Because of his athletic ability he couldn't strangle the new student in front of him.

 

"He's still new hyung!" Minho's shadow hovered over Jonghyun. "Give him a chance!"

 

"Onew-hyung, I will say this calmly. LET ME GO!" Key said, twisting because he thought he could be let go that way.

 

"Let's just go!" Onew responded, but he couldn't move because of Key still moving like a hyper child in his arms. 

 

"Okay I will if you let go!" Jonghyun said. His breathing turned normal as his feet were back to the ground. With Minho he went past the crowd and stopped when he reached Key. He smiled a mysterious smile before whispering.

 

"You're lucky you're new here," Jonghyun whispered in Key's ear. Key shuddered due to Jonghyun's hot breath fanning on his neck. "I will give you another chance. If you waste that chance, you don't know what's going to happen to you." Jonghyun then pulled himself away from Key and walked out of the cafeteria. Everything then went back to normal, but Key just stood there. What did those words mean? Why was everyone so shocked when he talked back to that ?

 

"Let's sit Key," Onew said. Key nodded in response before his wrist was being held by Onew's. They sat down in an empty table. On that empty table was Onew's tray full of chicken and nothing from Key.

 

"What was that hyung?" Key asked as Onew gave him a chicken drumstick.

 

"I normally don't give any of my chicken, but I felt nice you know," Onew said with his mouth full of chicken meat.

 

"Not that! I mean with that dinosaur guy!" 

 

"Oh that," Onew said. He set down his chicken and looked at Key straight in the eye. Key was surprised on how Onew's eyes had a serious feeling radiating from them. "You're lucky you got away from him of all people."

 

"He's that scary?" Key questioned. "I mean, 85% of the people here are taller than him!"

 

"That's not the point. That 'him' is Kim Jonghyun. He controls the school."

 

"What? Now that just sounds ridiculous. We have a principal, don't we?"

 

"Yes, but Jonghyun is more than that," Onew answered. "His reputation is so high that he can manage to destroy other's with one word."

 

"Like?" Key questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Yesterday, people were talking behind his back. He shortly found out, and ordered his friends...well, more like 'puppets', to 'discipline' them."

 

"Why would he do that?!"

 

"Because he is the main kingka."

 

"Bwoh?!" Key exclaimed. In Daegu, the main kingka was by the name of Jung Yunho, and he wasn't a douchebag. "Him? A kingka?"

 

"Yes. In this school, the main kingka and queenka have the power to ruin your whole life, no matter what situation. It has been a tradition here in SM High from the day this school has been established."

 

"Well, how do they decide a kingka or a queenka here in SM?"

 

"A lot of requirements. Looks is one of them. Other major ones are how they act, which family they come from, how wealthy they are, and how fast they can gain popularity. The students decide among another who deserves the title. Whoever the mains are, they just find out by instinct, or someone just tells them."

 

"So, how was Jonghyun decided?"

 

"Well, when we were freshmen, Jonghyun really gave off an impression. He wore really expensive clothes; got many girls and a few guys to fall for him, and the way he acted got many people to obey him. His family is a big deal too."

 

"How so?"

 

"I bet you've heard of Kim Corporations, haven't you?"

 

Key felt his jaws drop to its full extent. The Kim Corporations? Who has never heard of it? They were one of the biggest companies ever in South Korea. They owned branches of the best stores and schools ever known to man, and it has been extended to other parts of the world. They also had the power to turn thirty companies into their own huge corporation. They were that strong and scary.

 

"He's in the Kim family?!"

 

"Yes; this is why he is known to be the most fearsome kingka ever in our school’s history. Some students who used to attend this school before are now gone due to poverty for underestimating Jonghyun. Sooman-sshi is aware of this too."

 

Key couldn't believe his ears. He wants to go get rid of Jonghyun, and now that he heard more of this story, he wanted to ing punch him until he saw the devils. But he couldn't. His mother's fashion industry could be torn to pieces and his life could be over because of that one kingka. This school was totally not what he expected.

 

Onew noticed Key's expression and sighed sadly. "I guess I don't blame you if you think this school isn't right for you."

 

"Nope," Key said. "I'll bear with it. If you guys can avoid him, I guess I can too. Oh, I also have another question. How about other kingkas?"

 

"Well, not as fearsome. You can mess with them and get hurt, but not like Jonghyun."

 

"Wow," Key simply blurted out. He lightly bit on the crispy brown skin of the chicken drumstick and tore it so he could fully savor it in his mouth.

 

"Yeah, so please Key? Stay out of their way."

 

"Sure," Key agreed. "Wouldn't want to be in poverty, would I?"

 

"Good," Onew said, his dorky smile coming back. "Anyway, the bell is about to ring. We should head off to science."

 

"Okay," Key said. He stood up, adjusted his bag, and walked out of the cafeteria with Onew.

 

And along the way, he couldn't help but think...

 

It was just the beginning.


Hey guys. ;3

The third chapter is here! c: I've been feeling so stressed and sad lately. 

Kamsamnida for reading! Bye Bye~