Chapter 8

독특한(SPecial) Academy [SPA]

No One's POV:

So Min was still on the ground out of shock as she was shaking her head, *But how could a student... be my mother?...*

*How...*  Hyun Joong wanted to go over and pat So Min on the back, to support her, but he couldnt even support himself anymore.

"To overthrow this school and its principal your mother formed this organization.  But thats impossible right?  Just the thought of it.  A woman thats supposed to be just a year older than you is your mother."  Jaejoong explained as she was listening, having Eun Ji support her.  Hyosung and Joon and the others were still trying to fight the men off as they were listening as well.

"Well i suppose with time travel anything is possible."  Jaejoong said which shocked everyone in the area, "Yoon Eun Hye, the girl who used a man to time travel here and who befriended a poor pitiful child."  He said referring to Hyun Joong, "Isnt that right..... Won Bin."  He said smirking as he looked in the direction Won Bin appeared with shame and guilt written on his face.  Tae Hee appeared behind him confused and worried.

"W-Won Bin Seng?..."  So Min said as she looked at him with wide eyes.

Won Bin simply looked away in shame.  Hyun Joong was confused as he still stood his ground.

"Oh dont blame Won Bin.  He had to lie.  I mean that was your mother's last wish.  What was it again?  'dont let her fall into the darkness.'"  Jaejoong said simply as they were all silent and quiet at this news, "Yes that last wish... before your mother was brutally slaughtered by the principal's forces one fateful night."  

Hyun Joong widened his eyes as he remembered the first time he had got the news.  

"I think ive said enough."  Jaejoong said as he snapped and his men backed off, "We'll be seeing each other again.  dont worry."  He smirked as they teleported off.

So Min looked down, *S-Slaughtered?...*  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Knock Knock*  So Min didnt say anything as she had dead eyes.  The door to the nurse's room anyway as Won Bin walked in with shame.  She didnt even look up at him as he sat down on the stool next to her bed.

"So Min... Are you okay?"  She kept staring off into space as she didnt pay any attention to him.

He sighed as he looked down, "I-I'm so sorry i lied to you... I didnt want you to end up like your mother did.... in the hands of the principal.. if you knew the truth you would be drawn to the school.. i couldnt risk that."  She still didnt say anything as she kept staring off with cold dead eyes.  

Won Bin's eyes started to glisten as he put a hand over hers, it was cold and dead just like here eyes.

"Your mother.... was just as bright as you and strong... but not as clumsy."  He giggled a bit as she simply sat still.  He continued on, "She was like the sun, lighting up everyone's world even when her own life, she was suffering, being in the dangerous class." 

"It surprised me when she had gotten pregnant during her senior year and gave birth to such a beautiful little girl.  She wouldnt tell me who the father was, Eun Hye was simply happy, you were the best thing that has ever happened to her."  He said smiling then all of a sudden it gradually faded, "Then suddenly one day... She came to me at night, worried, panicked, angry... All these different emotions as she begged me to send her into the future with her child.  I rejected at first.. but seeing as how she was, it was a serious business and i consented only on the condition that i came with her and protected her child as well.  As we went forward in time she did things i didnt understand, she would never explain.  Eun Hye sent you to an orphanage where she knew you'd be safe and enrolled here as a freshman.  I became a teacher here, she asked me not to ever use my time travel abilities so i didnt, only my memory manipulation was allowed to be seen by others.  As time went by i still didnt understand but i trusted her as she befriended Hyun Joong and lived a normal student life... Other than the fact that i found out she was in the dangerous class and was working on secret missions.  I was worried for her but she told me not to worry.. That she had everything under control...  Then.. out of the blue.. news came that she was dead."  He became silent as So Min still didnt stir.

"I-I was ordered to erase everyone's memory of Eun Hye...  Except for a few people..."  He said his eyes glistening with tears, "But Hyun Joong cherished her so much i didnt erase his memory... I wanted at least one other good person to remember her like how i did..  After that incident... Mail came for me in my box as i opened it i knew that it was from the late Eun Hye, a letter she wrote before her death.  It said to keep you out of the darkness.. And by doing that i thought it was to keep you away from the school.  But now i realize that is impossible..  I dont knw what she meant by that... And i am sorry that i couldnt keep my promise..."  Tears slowly fell as he continued on, "I knew she had formed an organization and thats the missing piece to the puzzle that i had for so long couldnt solve.  How was it that she would die like that..  How would she know she was going to her death?  She was going against the principal, the organization, one of its members Jaejoong the man you met today and yesterday, was once the principal's favorite until he threw him away.... The same principal from the past and he knew it was her all along.... That was why she told me not to use my second ability so that he wouldnt find out... He already knew her so she couldnt do anything about that.  I wondered why he didnt get rid of her as he saw her in this time not the past...  but then again.. it is always just a game with him..  Another thing was... Eun Hye... had this special ability... other than the absorption... Although she used that more than her special ability... She had this phoenix ability that was extremely strong.. Something that the principal planned to have all to himself by using her and abusing her.  Only one person in each generation is chosen to have the phoenix ability and i hoped.. i sincerely hoped it wouldnt be you otherwise your path would be as dark, if not darker than Eun Hye's.... But now that all this is happening.. im wondering... do you?...  Because thats what the principal thinks....  he bargained thinking this and decided to get rid of Eun Hye..."  He stopped as So Min still was the same,  He sighed as his eyes were red from the tears, "I'm truly sorry..."

Then the door opened as Hyun Joong walked in surprised to see Won Bin.  Won Bin stood up as he went over to Hyun Joong signalling him for a talk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun Joong waited, slightly angry that Won Bin lied to him, but waited for his explanation.

"I'm sorry i lied... but she didnt want anyone to know."  Won Bin said as he looked up at him.  Hyun Joong just gave him a cold expression.  He sighed as he looked away, "You can be mad at me.... But please dont feel indifferent towards So Min....  If anything shes the victim in all of this."

Hyun Joong looked down, "....I cant.. I cant let her be with me any longer.."

Won Bin stayed silent as he looked at Hyun Joong, ".... You think youre the only one in darkness?"  Hyun Joong looked up to face him.  Won Bin walked up to him with a serious expression on his face, "Youre not the only one there are plenty of others out there sinking in darkness....  You dont want So Min to fall into the same darkness as you?  She's already in a much worse darkness than you are i can guarantee you that...  And she didnt even ask to be there.  Hyun Joong... instead of worrying that you might carry her down with you, hold onto her hand and pull her up out of the dark.  Cause she needs that the most."  Hyun Joong relayed his words in his mind as Won Bin placed a hand on his shoulder and slgihtly smiled, "I trust you... Because you were one of the few ones who tried to protect Eun Hye with all you have...  You were a true best friend."  He then walked away as Hyun Joong watched him leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Min was still in the room, her eyes the same darkness they were before.

Hyun Joong came inside as he sat down on the stool, looking at her, "Stupid.  Smile a bit.  You look ugly when you dont."  But she didnt say anything at all or pout.  He was slightly taken aback but continued on.

".....I'm sorry for what you learned today..."  Hyun Joong said, "Your... mom.. Eun Hye  was my best friend and it shocked me too...just everything shocked me..  People, before their memory was erased, thought we were lovers and, foolishly, treated her badly because they were jealous.  She was in the same dangerous class as me but she was bright... warm as she tried to get along with me.  She was the only one who i felt i had a connection to.  I loved her like a brother, friend..  And it broke my heart when i heard the news... i was angry and wanted to find the perputrator but at that time i was weak.. i couldnt do anything...  But i promise... I'll find who did this to her and repay him for what he's done."  So Min still said nothing as Hyun Joong looked at her with worry in his eyes, "I used to see Eun Hye whenever i saw you... And that made me angry... You made me angry... How a girl like you could look so much like Eun Hye and be as bright, maybe too bright, as her.  But just like Eun Hye...  You made a special place in my heart..  When i said i didnt want you to be in the same darkness as me.. i was stupid.."  He looked up as he tightened his grip on her cold hand making it warmer, "I wanna protect you from that darkness that you're sinking into."  So Min slowly looked at him as her eyes started to glisten with tears.  Hyun joon widened his eyes as he saw this.  After a few seconds he slowly pulled her into a hug as tears slowly fell down.

"Th-Thank you...  Hyun Joong."  Her voice cracked as she said those words.  Hyun Joong was taken aback but slightly smiled sincerely as he kept hugging her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------