Chapter 1

독특한(SPecial) Academy [SPA]

No One's POV:

"Wow... So THIS is SPA?"  So Min said as she looked at the castle-like school with big, elegant golden gates at the entrance.  The view was breathtaking as every building she viewed was sparkling against the crystal blue sky.

So Min then suddenly pushed her hands into her pockets as she pulled out an elegant piece of envelope, crumpled, and took out the letter that was inside.

*Dear Jung So Min,

We are proud to accept you into our Presitigious SPecial Academy, also known as SPA.*

She read the first line over and over again just to make sure she wasnt dreaming, then she looked up with a goofy smile on her face and punched the air in excitement.

"YES YES YES!!! Finally!  Now everyone at the orphanage wont look down on me!!  Wa POW!!!"  She started jumping up and down and dancing randomly.  So Min was enjoying the moment until she noticed that the golden gate was open and a man was standing there looking at her speechless.

So Min's mouth grew wide open as she was frozen in a disco pose out of embarrassment.  Suddenly there was stifled giggle from the man who burst out laughing.  So Min's face grew red as she stood straight up and looked at the ground.

"Well youre an interesting character."  The handsome young man said as he smiled at her.

So Min noticed how handsome he was and blushed, "S-Sorry.."

"No need to be.  Youre at SPA, of course you'd be excited Ms. Jung So Min."  He said with that charming smile again.  So Min was alarmed, "Y-You know who i am?!"

"Of course i do, i was the one who suggested to send you that letter."  He said referring to the paper in her hand.  So Min looked up at him for a few seconds as all was silent.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!!"  So Min kneeled down and bowed fast many times as she cried tears of joy.

The man was alarmed as he nervously laughed and put both his hands up, "N-No.. really theres no need.. (to act like a lunatic)."

After So Min stopped and wiped her tears away he smiled once again, "Let's start over.  I'm Won Bin Seng.  And you are?"

"Huh? Oh.  I'm Jung So Min.  Pleased to meet you Won Bin Seng."  She bowed down at a 90 degree angle as he laughed at her over politeness.

"Why dont you come on inside, class has already started a few seconds ago, we dont wanna be late more than we already are."  Won Bin said.

"But the bell didnt ring."  So Min said confused.

"Here the bell doesnt ring.  The students learn to get to class when they need to.  One second late and its detention."  Won Bin said warmly smiling at her.

"R-Right."  So Min said as she went with him inside the school campus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Woahh..."  So Min said as they walked into the campus and across a great marble paved path leading to the center, and biggest, building of the school.  It really was like a campus.

"Come on in."  he said as he opened the door for her.  So Min hesitated as this was all too glamorous for her but then she took one shy step inside and as she felt more comfortable she completely went into the school as Won Bin walked inside after her and closed the big doors behind them.

"The lowest level is where all the high school classes are: 4 for each grade level."  Won Bin said as they walked down the all.

"Four?!  Then how come there's so many rooms?"  So Min asked.

"Because you attend class with everyone in your grade level for one hour, then you have break and then you are to go to your assigned groups: Distinct, A, B, C and Dangerous."  Won Bin explained.

"Dangerous?"  So Min commented.

"Distinct is for those who have powers where the staff thinks they dont belong in the other classes, otherwise known as the 'interesting' abilities.  A is for those who have Technical Abilities, such as plant manipulation.  B is for those who have latent abilites such as teleportation.  C is for those who have Somatic abilities such as super speed and pheromone abilities."

"What about dangerous?"  So Min asked.

Won Bin stopped as she stopped as well looking up at him.  He then looked over at her and gave her a smile, "Here we are."  He then opened a red colored door as it revealed a huge classroom with different students talking and making noise.

"Sorry Class!  I was escorting our new classmate."  Won Bin said as he nudged her.  Everyone was silent as they stared at her.  So Min felt her face turn warm as she started to talk, "H-Hi my name is Jung So Min.  nice to meet you."  She bowed as everything was still silent.

Then Suddenly the door opened as everyone looked over.  

"Oppa!"  A couple of girls yelled as they had sparkling eyes.  They ran over to him and accidentally pushed So Min as well.

"Are you okay?"  Won Bin asked as he caught her.  So Min was bewildered as she looked up at him and nodded.  She then looked towards the crowd of girls around a man who she couldnt see too well.

"Alright alright."  Won Bin said as the girls kept screaming.

"Hyun Joong!  Youre late again."  Won Bin said as the girls went silent and slightly parted to avoid getting in trouble by Won Bin.  Hyun Joong was finally revealed to So Min who widened her eyes at how handsome he was.

*Wow... So good looking..*  She thought.

"Detention again Hyun Joong.  And if youre late one more time it's going to be saturday school."  Won Bin said strictly as Hyun Joong simply passed him by, not noticing So Min, and going up the steps to his seat next to his friends.

Won Bin sighed as all the girls then went back to their seats as well.

"Alright then So Min, you can sit anywhere you'd like."  Won Bin said as she nodded and started walking up the steps.  

"Over here!"  One girl with a cute eyesmile said as she waved to her.  So Min slightly smiled as she went up to sit next to her.

"Everyone.  You know today is self study, so focus on controlling your powers."  Won Bin said as he suddenly stopped short, "I'm sorry but i'm afraid i'll have to leave for now.  Continue on.  I'll be back soon."  He then left.

"What was that?"  So Min asked.

"He probably got a telepathic message from one of the teachers."  The girl said.

"Telepathic?"  So Min asked surprised then she suddenly remembered something.  When So Min received the acceptance letter there was also a late telepathic message telling her all about the special abilities and whatnot of the school, of course she thought it was a dream but everytime she read the whole letter the same message would pop up in her head again and soon she believed it.

*Right... This is a special abilities school.* So min thought.

"I'm Jung EunJi."  The cute girl said smiling.

"Oh hi.  Jung So Min."  So MIn said smiling back.

"Yea i heard.  we have the same last name."  Eun Ji said.

"Oh youre right.  Thats so cool!"  So Min said smiling and giggling a bit with Eun Ji.

"So whats your ability?"Eun Ji asked as So Min thought carefully.

"I dont know."  She said as Eun Ji stopped smiling out of surprise, "you dont know?!  But... YOu should i mean if you came here."

So Min was thinking again but was rudely interrupted.

"What?! No ability?!  What was the principal thinking?!"  A rude girl said as she was standing at their desk smirking at So Min.

"Huh?"  So Min said as everything was silent and everyone was staring at her except Hyun Joong who was coolly leaning against his chair and closing his eyes.

"I'M Uee.  And MY power is plant manipulation.  Yes i'm part of the A class of course the SECOND best group of this divison."  Uee said looking proud.

"Why not first best?"  So Min asked cluelessly.

"Well of course the first best is the dangerous class!  Hyun Joong oppa is in it!"  Uee said as she looked all gaga at the mention of his name.

"Who would wanna be dangerous?"  So Min asked still clueless.  Uee was irked by her as she crossed her arms again, "It has all the COOL people in it DUH!"

So Min simply blinked at her.  

"Hey Hey.  Hyun Joong."  A boy sitting next to him whispered, "Apparently that new girl has no ability."

"Like i care."  Hyun Joong said simply.

"Wow..  Someone as pathetic as you was actually able to get in here.  Did you lie and say you have some powers?  Cause if so we're gonna have to kill you."  Uee said smirking, "Cause no one from the outside NORMAL world is supposed to know."

"I do!  I have abilities im pretty sure of it.... Besides i got this letter!"  So Min yelled as she stood up and pulled the letter out of her pocket.  Uee was reading it as everyone crowded around her to read it.

"It really is the letter." Eun Ji said looking over it as well.

"Whatever!  This still doesnt make sense!  How can YOU get applied here!  I mean you dont even have any abilities and its strange they would enroll someone in in the middle of the school year!"  Uee yelled.

"Im pretty sure i-"

"Then prove it."  Uee said interrupting her.

So Min looked down as she tried to prove that she had abilities.

uee laughed, "Look at you! So pathetic!"  Everyone laughed as well.

"What a stupid girl!"  Some of the guys said.  Eun Ji looked at her with worry as So Min kept looking down.

"Shut up."  Hyun Joong calmly said as everyone looked over at him.

"Whats up Hyun Joong?"  One of the guys asked him as he simply stood up from his chair and walked over to the crowd around So Min.

"Youre noisy."  He said to Uee as he was standing right next to her.  Uee ignored his insult as she screamed that he said something to her.

Hyun Joong sighed as he took a glance in front of him.  Once he saw So Min his eyes widened.  An image of a girl ran through his brain as he stared at her.

"Whats wrong Hyun Joong?" 

"W-What?"  So Min asked.  Hyun Joong then looked angry as he grabbed her collar and brought her up to him.

"Who the hell are you?!!  Why do you have Eun Hye's face?!"  He yelled as everyone else was confused.

"I-I dont kno-"  She tried to respond.

"TELL ME!"  He yelled as electrical sparks started appearing.  They pushed everyone away.

"So Min!"  Eun Ji yelled before she was pushed away as well.

So Min trembled in fear as she looked at Hyun Joong's crazy eyes.

"Tell me now.."  Hyun Joong said in a low voice, almost like a growl.  The sparks started getting bigger and bigger as Won Bin came inside.

"HYUN JOONG!"  Won Bin ran up to them but was also pushed away by the sparks.

"Tell me or get burnt alive."  Hyun Joong threatened.

"I-"  So Min tried to speak as the sparks kept increasing.

"Hyun Joong control yourself now!"  Won Bin yelled.

Hyun Joong kept his eyes on So Min as she closed her eyes and yelled, "I Dont know!  Leave me alone!"  Then suddenly the sparks started decreasing slowly as Hyun Joong felt his energy leaving him.  He put her down slowly as he felt weaker and weaker and finally he let go of her collar collapsing on one knee and breathing in and out heavily.  He was sweating.

"I-I'm sorry-"  So Min tried to put a hand on his shoulder to see if he was okay but she suddenly saw electric sparks on her hands as well.

"W-Whats wrong with me?"  So Min said as she looked at her hands.  Won Bin sighed as he smiled and went up to her.  Hyun Joong was still on the ground and panting.

"You found out your power."  Won Bin said as he smiled at her.  So Min's hands were still sparking a bit.

"My power?"  She questioned as everyone gathered around them a little farther away.

"Yes.  Energy/Power Manipulation."  He responded as Hyun Joong's widened once more and looked up at them.  Won Bin gave him a stern glance as he smiled once more at So Min.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Energy/Power Manipulation?"  So Min asked as they ended class early due to the incident, as Hyun Joong had to get to the nurse's office.  Not to mention all the girls were about ready to pummel So Min for doing that to their 'Oppa.'

"Yes."  Won Bin responded as they were walking down the hall, "You are able to absorb a part of someone's abilities and temporarily use them as your own.  Of course it is not as strong as it would be with the original owner of that ability but it is strong enough.  You can also absorb life energy, potentially making someone faint or feel ill but making yourself feel extraordinarily well for a temporary amount of time.  One more thing you can transfer your own energy into a person, making THEM feel better."

"Oh..."  So Min said trying to understand.

Won Bin smiled, "Its a rare ability.  Usually people with similar abilities as you have only a part of it, such as just having the ability to absorb energy and power or just having the ability to transfer energy."

So Min nodded understanding.

"Dont worry about Hyun Joong.  He'll be fine.  He's a strong boy."  Won BIn said smiling.  So Min gave a guilty smile as she nodded.

"By the way.  Your dorm room is just up the stairs, second level.  It should be room 207.  And all your bags and stuff will be in there already as well as your roommate."  Won Bin said smiling, "Take the break time to tidy up a bit."

So Min nodded.

"Oh and as for which group you're in.  The staff hasnt decided yet so for now you can go into whichever group you choose, but you will only be in there temporarily."  Won Bin said.

So Min nodded once more.

"Ah. And dont choose Dangerous.  That one is off limits."  Won Bin said smilng as she nodded for the last time and he walked away.

"Wait one last thing."  He said turning around swiftly, "If you want to ever find me, the teacher's staff area is the third floor."  he then smiled and walked away.

So Min sighed, *At least i got through the first day... Hope that guy isnt mad.*  She said referring to Hyun Joong.  So Min then walked on up the nice stairs to the second floor.

*Room 207* She thought to herself.

"Here it is."  She said as she opened the door and found a nice interior (like Japanese Hana kimi dorm room).

"Woah..."  She said as she looked around and closed the door behind her.

"Yes?-"  suddenly Eun Ji popped up from the shower with wet hair and sweats on, "Oh hey So Min.  What are you doing here?"

"Huh?  Oh.. Won Bin Seng told me this was my room."  So Min said.

Eun Ji smiled brightly and ran up to her, "Really?!! Thank god!  I was so lonely in here without a roommate!  No wonder!  Those stuff were yours??!!  I didnt know!!  i was gonna peek later to see if they were gifts or anything but good thing i didnt! YaY!  I have a roommate!"  She yelled really fast out of happiness.  So Min was bewildered but happy at the same time as she laughed along.  She then looked over at the two small bags next to the stairs.

"But you dont really have a lot of bags."  Eun Ji commented.

"Yea."  So Min said smiling as she looked more closely and saw a nice laid out uniform.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2NNbwP50fBZLARjADvci

"Those are our uniforms.  As you saw in class today.  The Juniors have those colored ties and skirts and all the other grade levels, middle school, elementary, rest of high school have different colored skirts and ties."  She explained.  so Min nodded understanding.

"By the way!  I am so excited!!!"  Eun Ji yelled as So Min smiled at her warmly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Won Bin was walking outside along the marble path with beautiful garden shrubs and trees on either side.

"Hey."  Won Bin stopped in his tracks as he looked next to him and saw Hyun Joong calmly leaning against a tree.

"You should really call me Won Bin Seng-"  

"We need to talk."  Hyun Joon interrupted looking at him seriously.  Won Bin sighed, "Lets have it then."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------