Alone

Just a Memory

The house was empty.

Gayoon stood alone at the front door looking at the empty house. It was August. They had left. She had just come home after taking them to the airport.

They had left.

She had spent 2 and half month with her parents before they left. She used every second to create lots of good memories with her parents. Her parents promised to keep in contact with her as much as possible. 

She settled on the sofa. She just stared at an empty space.

She was lost in her own world where everything was perfect. Her family and friends with her.

But it wasn't reality which made her sad. She was going to have to get back to reality sooner or later but she choose later. She sat there for only God knows how long until she was snapped back into reality at the sound of a knock on the door.

She stood up and took a peek from the window to see Hyunseung there. But she decided she wasn't going to open the door. She just walked away. She didn't know why. It was her best friend out there. After a while the knocking stopped and now her phone started to ring. She didn't have to pick up to know that it was Hyunseung. But she had already shut off from the rest of the world. She just needed to be alone.

She unplugged the hose phone shut all windows and the doors and took the battery out of her mobile. 

There was enough food in the house to last her for at least a month. She wasn't hungry anyway and she didn't see herself eating anythime soon either, so it didn't matter.

She spent weeks on the sofa with little amout of food and lots of water.

She dind't feel like doing anything. She didn't know how long it had been so she decided that it had at least been a month. So September, she guessed. She also realised that she had lost some weight.

There were no phone calls yet from her parents but then she realised that she had cut off all communication devices. She finally got up from the sofa and streched. A few bones in her body clicked.

She opened up her laptop and checked her mail. There were hundreds of mail. Lots of them were from Hyunseung telling her that he knew she was in the house and to get out and meet him. Some were from her parents telling her to pick up the phone. Others were from Jiyoon also telling her to come out. There was one which caught her eye...it was from Junhyung.

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject: ...I dunno

Gayoon laughed a bit as she read what he had put as the subject but she reat the mail.

I dunno what to say really. I think what I really wanted to say was...take your time, get used to the...new (?) surrounding. I won't tell you to come out and what not. I get it, you need some space. I just hope you will understand soon that you aren't alone...and that you have friends. 

He had ended the mail without sighning his name but his message to her had reached her.

She got up and walked towards the house phone and plugged it back in. Only after 5 seconds of doing so, it started to ring.

She picket it up and found herself answering to her mother.

She was showered with "I was so worried" and "Are you ok?" by her mom.

"We decided that we would come back" he mom told her.

"No, don't...I'll be ok" she said. "I'll be fine alone"