Chapter 7

My Kim Jaejoong

Jaejoong sneaked passed his sleeping members and out onto the balcony. He breathed in the cold breeze admiring the tiny lights of the city. Jaejoong tightly squeezed onto the rails letting his unexpected tears splat the hard metal. His wet eyes scanned the view, his heart being pained at each passing moment. *Jieun ah, did you leave Korea? Don’t you know how much I miss you?*

Jaejoong headed back inside onto his bed. He stared bluntly at the ceiling not wanting to sleep yet. All his thoughts occupied on one person. *Does this mean our relationship is over?*

You finally managed to put Minjee and Youngjae to bed. You adjusted their covers and lightly pecked their cheeks. You departed to your room shutting the windows and closing the curtains. Hearing the satisfying click you flopped onto your bed, squishing a pillow in your embrace. *Why do I feel unsettled knowing Jaejoong came back?*

In the morning you were greeted by a sleepy Minjee. She lazily dragged her teddy bear behind her while rubbing her eyes. “Good morning sweetie” You cooed. “Good morning mummy” Minjee climbed onto your bed, beside you. You brushed her bangs to the side and re buttoned her pyjama sleeve. “Did you sleep well Minjee ah?”

Minjee made a circle with her thumb and index finger. “Yip but oppa kept snoring”

You giggled knowing that Youngjae would often ‘pretend’ to snore just to annoy her sister. “Shall we get ready Minjee ah?”

Minjee nodded, she lightly kissed your cheek before going back to her room. You scrambled off the bed and made your bed. Once you finished cleaning you changed out of your sleeping gear and headed downstairs to make breakfast.

“Mummy, have you seen my basketball?” Youngjae scratched his head. “I can’t find it”

“Did you check under your bed?”

“It’s not there or here” Youngjae pouted. He really loved his basketball, it was present he received when he turned 1.

“How about we find it together” You got on your knees and investigated under the chairs, tables mats. “What is mummy and oppa doing?” Minjee curiously tilted her head.

“Finding my basketball” Youngjae replied emotionless. He was too busy to even talk. “How about we eat breakfast then we’ll go out and buy you a new basketball”

Youngjae didn’t really want a new basketball but wanted his old one. “I guess” Youngjae took a seat at the table.

After hours of Youngjae examining through the different balls, his eyes finally landed on one. “This one mummy” “Okay” You scooped the basketball from the shelf and payed for it.

When you stepped foot out from the mall, Youngjae immediately began bouncing the ball. He loved how it went higher than his previous one. “Thank you” “It’s fine sweetie” You softly ruffled his hair.

“My shoelaces” Minjee cutely frowned, pointing to her shoe. You crouched down to her level and re-tied her laces, while you did that Youngjae kept bouncing the ball until it bounced off the rail onto the busy road. Without thinking, Youngjae already was on the street trying to retrieve his new ball.

“There” You dusted your hands. “Thank you” Minjee tapped her foot lightly against the pathway. A loud honk made you turn your attention to the road, your eyes widened seeing a truck speeding towards Youngjae. “YOUNGJAE!” You yelled. Minjee closed her eyes in worry. “Oppa” She whispered.

Youngjae’s eyes circled seeing the big vehicle enclosing the gap between them. He closed his eyes not wanting to know what was to happen. Suddenly a figure appeared in front of Youngjae, pulling him off the street and onto the grass.

The truck passed revealing a safe Youngjae, he was tightly embraced in the arms of a stranger. You carried Minjee in your arms and crossed the street.

Youngjae’s eyes fluttered up to his saviour’s face. “Are you alright?” The stranger worryingly checked the little of boy’s body. “I-I’m fine” Youngjae trembled, not being able to believe what just happened. “Thank you ajusshi” Youngjae sincerely thanked. You ran up to Youngjae who seemed to be trapped in a trance. “Youngjae” You whimpered. “Youngjae, don’t make mummy so scared again”

Youngjae unconsciously nodded.