Chapter Two

Chasing Love
Myungsoo handed Jiyeon the cup of coffee, "The boss is pissed. Really pissed."

Jiyeon accepted the cup of coffee, but didn't saw anything. She stared downwards, her eyes hidden by her long bangs.

"Why did you let him go again?" Myungsoo asked, not looking at Jiyeon. When he received no reply he spun around, his gaze unnaturally angry as he snarled, "Well? Why didn't you just arrest him? I thought you told me that you could do it! How can you just let him slip through our fingers again?"

Jiyeon stared down at her cup. In a completely emotionless voice, she answered, "You should know why."

Myungsoo flinched. After a moment, he knelt down beside her, "Look, I'm sorry for getting mad at you. It's just...I'm really worried about you, Jiyeon. I don't want you to get hurt." He reached out to take her hand, but she shifted abruptly, moving out of the way. Myungsoo looked up at her, startled and a little hurt.

"I want to be alone for a while." Jiyeon muttered. She got to her feet, slowly, and trudged away to the rooftop, leaving Myungsoo staring after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nearly two hours later, Jiyeon's 'time alone' was interrupted as Myungsoo rushed up roof, throwing the door open as he shouted to her, "There's been another notice!"

Jiyeon seemed to come to life at once, the deadness in her eyes disappearing as she leapt to her feet, "It's him?" Myungsoo nodded, "Changmin wants to see us."

As the two agents rushed into Changmin's office, they were startled to see him facing down a tall, hulking man. In a deep voice, the man snapped, "I don't care. As far as I can see, the FBI have so far failed in catching this bastard. I'm telling you, I only want the best! I won't allow anything of mine to be stolen by that thief!"

Changmin looked away in exasperation. He noticed Jiyeon and Myungsoo waiting, and addressed the man in as polite a tone as he could muster, "These are the two agents that will be assigned to the case. I assure you, they are two of our best."

Myungsoo looked at the tall stranger curiously, "This is...?"

"This is Brigadier Choi Seunghyun. He is the owner of the Agate Links, a beautiful ancient artefact that is said to bring immense joy and fortune to the owner's life." Changmin introduced. The Brigadier turned to face the agents, folding his arms, "These two? Are they even enough?"

Myungsoo blinked, "I'm sorry? Enough for what?" He shot Changmin a puzzled look, and his superior explained, "JB sent in another notice just half an hour ago. His next target is the Agate Links."

"That's right. The Agate Links is a great treasure, it has been in my family for many generations. I will not tolerate a filthy little thief stealing my family treasure." The Brigadier turned to Changmin, his gaze cold, "I will have nothing but the best, and if these two fail, then you can rest assured that I will be bringing this matter to court." With that, he stormed out of the office, leaving the three FBI agents behind.

Changmin kicked the door close brutally. As he loosened his tie, he swore out loud, slamming the table. He glared at the two agents, "Goddamnit, you jolly well catch that guy, and fast!"

Myungsoo bit his lip, looking down contrite lay. Jiyeon was silent as well, her fists clenched. Changmin straightened up to face the agents, folding his arms, "This case has dragged on for nearly five years. Five years. Do you have any idea how much pressure I'm getting from my superiors? And JB is no normal criminal. His targets are the oldest ancient and legendary artefacts. The Crown of Thorns, the Shroud of Turin, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Griseous Orb, the Armour of Achilles, the Claimh Solais and the Soul Dew. He managed to snag six legendary artefacts in just one year, not to mention the heaps and heaps of money he has stolen from various businessmen and nobility. And now he's starting again. Do you know how great a threat he is?"

The agents were silent. After a moment, Changmin sighed, "Look, I don't want to do this either, all right? But we can't continue to let JB run wild anymore. You have to catch him, all right?"

After a moment, Myungsoo bowed his head, "Yes sir." Changmin nodded tiredly, "Dismissed."

Throughout the entire exchange, Jiyeon did not say a single word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo glanced over at Jiyeon, who had not even bothered to buckle her seatbelt, "Jiyeon-ah...are you sure you're all right?"

Jiyeon nodded silently. Myungsoo swallowed a sigh. In an attempt to cheer Jiyeon up, he had decided to treat her to dinner, and had also invited his best friend, JR, along to join the fun. At Myungsoo's insistence, Jiyeon had also called her best friend, whom Myungsoo had never met before. He intended it to be a sort of double date/matchmaker session, but considering Jiyeon's current mood, perhaps it would have been better if he just brought her home.

As they got out of the car, a voice called, "Hyung!" Myungsoo turned, and a wide grin split his face as a guy ran towards him, hugging him tightly, "It's been a while!"

Myungsoo clapped JR on the back fiercely, laughing. Bringing him over to Jiyeon, he introduced them, "Jiyeon, this is my best friend JR. JR, this is JB. My girlfriend." He stated proudly.

Jiyeon shifted a little uncomfortably. Just then, another voice called out, "Yah, Jiyeon-ah!" Myungsoo and JR both stiffened in unison, their heads whipping around to stare at each other.

Jiyeon turned around, her expression brightening a little. She raised a hand to wave, "Hyomin! Hey!"

Hyomin, Jiyeon's best friend, hurried over with a breathless, "Hi." At once, Jiyeon began to introduce Hyomin to her boyfriend and his best friend. She did not notice, as Hyomin's face slowly drained of colour, till she looked pale as a sheet.

Myungsoo inclined his head, his tone cold as he said, "Hello, Hyomin-sshi." JR was equally, if not even stiffer. He just nodded and looked away. Jiyeon frowned, "Is something wrong?" She looked at Hyomin, "Do you all know each other."

At the same time, all three of them answered, "No!" There was a moment of silence, and the three of them all looked away.

Jiyeon looked suspicious, and perhaps she would have questioned them...except just at that moment, a female voice cried out, "Please, please! You can't do this to me!"

All of them turned to see the source of the commotion, and as they spotted them, Jiyeon's face turned horribly white, her breath becoming harsher.

A girl knelt before a man, presumably her boyfriend, begging desperately. The man's arms were folded, his expression impatient, his mouth twisted in a sneer that Jiyeon had seen all too often.

It was JB.

------—--------------------------------------------

Hey guys, so I updated sooner than expected. Hardly any JB/Jiyeon here...I was trying to add in more hints of Myungyeon, but it kinda failed...dammit Myungsoo needs to be way cooler than just the loving boyfriend, his real life character is way too cool to be that! And poor Jiyeon...>.< wonder what JB is doing with the girl? It'll be revealed in the next chapter, and more of JB's past and character will be explored.c

Have any of you checked out the foreward yet? Like I said, I'm changing myungsoo's character somewhat so I've changed the foreward as well. Do check it out to see the new changes. And please, please do subscribe and comment. Especially my readers! Please comment more...it's kind of demoralising when I write long chapters that take a lot of effort, and I get like, only a couple of comments...please don't be a silent reader!