Chapter One

Chasing Love

 

“In truth, I don’t trust those banks at all. Honestly, they’re so easily broken into. So I keep all my money and valuables in a private bank underground. It’s got a completely new defence system. Lasers, guns, alarms, everything. I don’t know who this JB guy is, but if he thinks he can break into my private bank, then he’d better be really good.” Kim Jaejoong spoke nonstop as he addressed the two FBI agents.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at Jiyeon behind Jaejoong’s back, mouthing the word, “Boring!” Jiyeon bit back a chuckle.

The trio came to a halt in front of a huge pair of steel doors, with five cameras fixed upon it and even more behind. Jiyeon raised an eye as Jaejoong indicated the door, “This, my dears, is the door to my private bank. It’s reinforced, and very hard to break into, I assure you.” He turned to face them, “I really don’t think there’s much risk that Mr JB will be able to break in, so I really don’t think there’s much need for you two. Would you like to come up for a glass of wine.”

Jiyeon was about to decline, but Myungsoo answered before she could, “I don’t see why not. Considering your precautions, I think we would be able to hear JB when he comes.”

Jaejoong smiled smugly and led the two agents up to his living room.

As they entered the living room, a servant approached, “Mr Yunho has been waiting for you.”

Jaejoong’s smile widened when he saw Yunho. As Yunho stood, Jaejoong threw himself into Yunho’s arms, kissing him lightly on the lips.

Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably and Myungsoo coughed as they both averted their gazes. Jaejoong and Yunho were both extremely influential people in their respective fields; Jaejoong a respected businessman, and Yunho a very popular actor. When they had announced to the public about their gay relationship, there had been a huge scandal, although that was already several years back. Even so, the agents still felt slightly uncomfortable about witnessing their public display of affection.

Yunho smiled at the two agents, his arm still around Jaejoong’s waist as he greeted, “Hi there. You must be the agents the FBI sent to take charge of that criminal guy.”

Jiyeon smiled, “Hi. My name’s Park Jiyeon, and this is Kim Myungsoo.” Myungsoo raised a hand in greeting. Jaejoong whispered to Yunho, “The guy’s pretty hot, isn’t he?”

Myungsoo blinked, startled. Jiyeon hid a smile when she saw how uncomfortable Myungsoo was. She nudged him, “Think they’re interested in you?”

Myungsoo shoved at Jiyeon, mouthing, “Shut up!”

All of a sudden, they heard a shout from outside, and a voice yelled, “What are you doing?”

Myungsoo and Jiyeon leapt to their feet, an instinctive reaction. They looked at each other, then rushed out of the house, Jaejoong and Yunho following closely behind.

As they reached the steel gates, Jaejoong gave an exclamation of anger. Myungsoo and Jiyeon skidded to a halt, staring in shock, while Jaejoong snarled, “This…which despicable bastard dared to do something like that?”

Splashed upon the steel walls next to the gates, in bright red block letters, were two sentences:

KIM JAEJOONG AND JUNG YUNHO, THE TWO MOST DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING GAYS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, ARISE! COMMONERS, WATCH, AS THE CLOWNS MAKE FOOLS OF THEMSELVES!

“This…” Myungsoo stared in shock at the words. He turned to glance at the two older men behind them, who were fuming visibly. Jaejoong turned to his servants, snapping, “Who did this? Which bastard sneaked into my house to do this?”

The servants bowed low, “We’re sorry, sir, but we did not see. When we came along, all we saw were the words on the wall.”

Jiyeon’s eyes were wide as she gazed unseeingly at the words. Her voice barely more than a whisper, she spoke, “It…it’s him. This is exactly the sort of thing he would do. He’s here.”

Myungsoo’s head snapped around to look at her, “Him?”

Just at that moment, the alarms from the private bank began to ring. As the four of them jerked, startled, there was a huge explosion as smoke bombs exploded all around them, engulfing them in so much smoke that they could not even see each other.

Myungsoo reached out for Jiyeon’s hand, calling out her name in a panic, but Jiyeon was already gone, darting into the house. She ran like the hounds of hell were after her, hurrying down to Jaejoong’s private bank.

As she’d expected, it was too late. A huge hole had been blown through the steel doors, and a good portion of gold and valuables was missing from the room. Jiyeon looked about, her heart thumping. Thinking quickly, she rushed back up to the living room and out of the house and the steel gates.

A huge truck was parked outside, the engine running. A man was tossing a huge bag into the back of the truck. Jiyeon’s eyes narrowed. She drew her gun and shouted, “Freeze!”

The man stopped abruptly, spinning around. Jiyeon felt her heart stop as her eyes met his.

It was him. JB.

The man stared at her, mute, for a moment. Then his lips curved into a small smile, “Well, isn’t this a surprise. Park Jiyeon. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” He took a step forward, and Jiyeon warned, “I said freeze, or I’ll shoot!”

JB’s smile just widened. He shook his head, “You won’t do it.” He continued walking forward, until he was right in front of Jiyeon. Jiyeon’s hand was shaking badly as she stared at his chest, unable to meet his eyes.

JB caught hold of Jiyeon’s hand and pressed the gun against his forehead. In a whisper, he said, “Do it, then. Shoot me, if you can.”

Jiyeon bit her lip, her hands trembling. Slowly, she looked up to meet his beautiful, storm-gray eyes. And her hand fell limp to her side.

JB’s eyes flickered to her limp hand and back to Jiyeon’s face. His voice was soft, “I never expected to see you again.”

“I have to arrest you.” Jiyeon whispered, tears blurring her vision as she stared up at him.

JB leaned forward and his warm lips touched hers, his hand cupping her face upwards gently. After a moment he pulled away, but Jiyeon grabbed onto him, unwilling to let him go. JB smiled a bitter smile, “Your…boyfriend is coming, Jiyeon. I won’t let myself get arrested.” He pushed her hands away gently and turned back to the truck.

“Wait!” Jiyeon called. JB stopped, but he didn’t turn around. Her voice desperate, she said, “You know that we’ll be chasing after you until we catch you, JB. You can’t escape!”

There was a hint of cold laughter in JB’s voice as he answered, “I escaped once before. I can escape from you guys again.”

“Was it all just a ploy on your part, then?” Jiyeon demanded. JB could hear the hurt, the unbearable pain in her voice as she asked, “Did you…did you seduce me on purpose so that you could use me as a tool to escape?”

There was a long pause. JB spun around, and his gaze met hers, unusually cold, “You would have captured me anyway, wouldn’t you? Since you’re an agent. Despite your self-proclaimed love for me, you would have just stood by and watched as your boyfriend arrested me. Isn’t that right?”

Jiyeon hesitated, unable to reply.

“You can’t answer. I thought so.” With that, he turned and climbed into the truck. And then he was gone, driving off into the night. 

--------------------------------------------------

Cameo from Jaejoong and Yunho, one of my favourite couples ^.^ I felt sad for Jiyeon when I was writing the part that she met JB...she's still in love with him, no matter what else that happened, and yet she doesn't even know whether he really loved her or not in the first place, and she has to wonder all the time if he was just using her to escape...Or was he? Can anyone guess what JB is really thinking, and whether he loved Jiyeon at all? 

JB got off easy in this chapter though, he even got to kiss Jiyeon -.- Wait till he meets Myungsoo. I love a good confrontation between the male leads XD Next chapter will reveal more on how Jiyeon and JB's past together, and maybe I'll add in some of Myungsoo and Jiyeon's history together too. 

Remember, comment and subscribe!