Unexpected Help

Wish Upon a Shooting Star (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sitting by myself on a table in the lunch hall with my glasses on. Suddenly someone put a tray on the table too. Weird. No one ever joined me before.

I looked up only to see Jinri smiling at me.

"Hey Minji, can I join in?" she asked. I nodded slowly, still confused about the fact what she was doing here while I slowly started to dig into my food.

"So, how are you?" she beamed. Was she on drugs?

"Nothing much?" I answered in a more questioning tone. Suddenly her sincere looking eyes turned into glaring ones.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked as I tried to follow her stare.

"Suji," she muttered beneath her breath. I then saw the queen talking and laughing along with Taemin and her so called friends without noticing that I almost made a crack my plate with the knife I held.

"You're jealous right?"

I turned my attention back to Jinri who was grinning widely.

"W-what? N-n-no!" I exclaimed stuttering.

"Are you sure? Because your ears are red."

She chuckled while sipping on her pack of chocolate milk. I lowered my head, facing my plate which was still loaded with food.

"You like him. Don't you?"

I looked up and tried to fake a smile; but it didn't give off the effect I wanted; instead, she laughed.

"Haha! That's so cute! You know that Taemin is a heartthrob right?" she asked with a teasing smile. I sighed and averted my gaze from her. Of course I knew that.

"Don't worry, I'm sure, one day, he will acknowledge your liking towards him and who knows? Maybe he will end up running to you," she said, trying to encourage me with an assuring smile. I smiled and back and thanked her.

Suddenly the bell rang. I sighed once more and thanked Jinri one last time for entertaining me.

"We're in the same class, you know?" she stated in a questioning manner and laced my arm with hers.

"Come on! We don't want to be late," she cheered as we made our way back to class.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter