Same Old, Same Old

Moments of Dreams

 

March 28. Another melancholic day.

I sat on the window bench and gazed out into the pouring rain. Pitter patter. And repeat. The gloominess of the day oppressed me; I felt constricted in my emotions, unable to break free from bleak gray clouds painting the skies. My phone rang suddenly; its upbeat rhythm contrasting deeply with the darkness of my room.

“Hello?” I answered without looking carefully at the caller ID.

“YAH!!! Why have you been ignoring my text messages?!” My best friend, Sera, shouted from the other hand. Just from the tone of her voice I could picture her exact facial expression; her mock anger never went well with her delicate face.

“Sorry.”

“…Is that really all you have to say? I was totally worried!” Oh. Did I mention? Sera can be incredibly dramatic.

“I live with my parents. At home. How dangerous could this possibly get?”

“…Whatever.”

“Why’d you call?”

“Oh right! I saw a poster for this dance competition while I was at work today. The event is tonight, and we need to get out! This entire week has been like depressing with all the rain.”

“I don’t know…I’m really tired…HEY! MOM!” I yelled as my mother stole my cell phone from me.

“Hi Sera. Jaemi will be there. Don’t worry!” She told Sera and hung up. She turned towards me and shook her head. “Jaemin, honey, you need to get out. You’ve spent an enormous amount of time working and staying inside even though this is your last week of summer break! Come on! You need to have fun before school starts!”

I opened my mouth to protest, but within seconds, she had pranced out the door with a quick wave of her hand. With a small sigh, I walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit for the night.

“You look really good!” Sera greeted me when I walked out to meet her. She was leaning against the side of her car, looking chic as always. She was a fashionista through and through; everyday was a photo shoot with her.

“Thanks. I would comment on yours, but you already know what I’m going to say,” I replied with a teasing smile.

“Yes I do. ‘Wow! You look gorgeous! I’m jealous!’” She mimicked me. It was a terrible impression to say the least, but the effort was worth points. “You know what you could do?” She paused for dramatic effect. “WEAR THE OUTFITS THAT I PICK OUT FOR YOU!”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let’s go?” I brushed her nagging off and quickly jumped into the car to avoid her tangent; I think she gives it every other day. It’s always the same old, same old; why won’t I go shopping with her more? Why won’t I wear her outfits? Why didn’t I dress up more? It’s Seoul! I wear the basics to be presentable in society, and…that’s pretty much it. It stresses out the designer-streak in Sera.

Singing along with the radio while driving, we arrived at the venue in no time. The competition was being held at a large gymnasium, and by the time we parked and bought our tickets, the crowd seemed to multiply and fill the entire stadium.

“Dang. Who’s competing?” I peered down at the program in my hand. “SHINee, EXO, B.A.P, BEAST, 2NE1, SNSD, and f(x).”

“Oh! I’ve seen SHINee perform before! They’re really good! I love that one guy…Jonghyun! He’s so hot.” Sera fangirled.

“Grea…” The music interrupted me. The lights dimmed. The audience screamed. The stage lights burst open and bathed the dance floor; the different colors grazing the others as they spread across the waiting crowd. A sudden “hu” came through the intercom. The music stopped. The lights snapped shut. And then, pitch blackness.

 

Jaemi’s outfit: http://fashiontips0l.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/spread_e4vdjk.jpg

A/N: Hey everyone! I originally had an account with the same name, but when AFF shut down, the account was lost and so was the story that I had started. This is my newest idea…We’ll see how it goes, I guess. Let me know what you think of it!

XO, love1417