Chapter 8

Moments of Dreams

 

"Dude, we agreed we wouldn't have to continuously meet up!" I complained incessantly.

 

"We know nothing about each other. We don't have a choice." Daehyun retorted with a snort. He thinks he's so clever huh?

 

"Send me a fax or something. I'll just memorize the information," I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my hand.

 

"Not so fast. You can't ruin this for me. So too bad." He pulled - no, forced - me back into the room. "Actually, let's multi-task. You need a better outfit."

 

"...Excuse me?! I dress well damn it!"

 

"Like I said, I need this to be perfect."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Try this. And this. And this." I think this is the first time I've ever hated shopping. Daehyun just kept pulling out dresses at the speed of light without any consideration on how I felt about any of the pieces. The poor saleswoman looked so fluster at having her rack disappear into our attendant's arms. "Alright. Now go try on everything. And make sure you come out after every one of them. I want to see it."

 

"Fine." I grumbled. At least trying on new things was always fun. I hang the outfits inside the gigantic changing room and locked the door. The first dress was a white sundress. I pulled it lightly over my head, the swish of the fabric rustling through the room.

 

"Are you done yet?" Daehyun complained. Stupid, impatient guy.

 

I stepped out gently.

 

"Not great." And with a wave of his hand, I was ushered back into the changing room.

 

"Try that sky blue one." I heard Daehyun's voice through the closed door. Ugh. Demanding too.

 

I opened the door after slipping into the sky blue dress he wanted, but the minute I opened the door, Daehyun rushed in.

 

What the hell?