Chapter 9

Moments of Dreams

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I questioned him in a snappy tone. Hey, in my defense, the guy just ran into my dressing room without a warning. Thank goodness I was dressed!

 

"Shhh!" He hurriedly covered my mouth. The look in his eyes was a little panicked and wild; what the heck?

 

"MHMHMMM! HMPH!" I mumbled through his hand, still glaring.

 

"Just shut up. I'll explain it later!" He whispered. I quieted down, but I was breathing like an angry bull. At some point, I'm sure you could see the air blowing out my nose.

 

We waited in silence. Nothing happened. And then a knock.

 

"Excuse me?" A female voice called out. "Is everything alright? Is there anyone here?" She continued. She tried the door handle to no avail, and then bent down to check for sign of life.

 

Daehyun quickly pulled me up into a straddle position. I opened my mouth to protest, but the look in his eyes begged me not to, so I didn't. My legs were wrapped around his sturdy frame, his arms supporting my lower back, so that I wouldn't fall to the ground. The position sent my stomach into a flurry of butterflies; my breathing hastened. I tried my best not to struggle, but I was starting to slip down. Without too many options, I wrapped my arms around Daehyun's neck and pulled myself closer while trying to calm myself.

 

"I'm fine. Thanks." He said loud enough for the assistant to hear.

 

"Oh okay. Please let me know if you need help with anything." I listened carefully for her to walk away before loosening my arms around Daehyun's neck. I slid down his body, and my feet landed softly on the ground. Daehyun had pressed my body against the wall to help stabilize our position...and he still hadn't moved. So when I finally reached the floor, I was still pressed between Daehyun and the cold wall mirror. I looked down and waited; however, Daehyun didn't move like I had expected. Slowly, carefully, I raised my eyes to meet his. They were unreadable. Dark. Mysterious. My heartbeat increased again, and my breath shortened. Again. He leaned a little closer. What do I do?

 

---------------------------

 

I closed my eyes, only to feel nothing but air.

 

"Sorry." Daehyun whispered into my ear. "I didn't mean to burst in like that." He continued. I quickly masked the disappointment and opened my eyes; thankfully, it looks like he hadn't noticed that I closed my eyes.

 

"Explain." I chose my words carefully, not speaking long in the event that my voice shook from the anticipation and disappointment of the moment.

 

"I saw...my ex-girlfriend. The…" He paused here.

 

"The?" I inquired.

 

"The love of my life."