Chapter 21

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Jung Soomin scrutinized herself in front of the mirror. She was wearing a purple BCBG mini dress and cream-colored heels.

“Meet the company.” She muttered as she got her bag. She went out of her room and found Yunho waiting for her in the living room, he was speaking with Hyoran on the phone.

“I’ll wait outside.” She said quietly, but Yunho stopped her.

“Hyo, we’re leaving now, I’ll call you later.” He placed the phone back in his coat packet.

“Let’s go together.” He said as they walked out of the house.

 

“Oh, right, I have something to tell you.” Soomin said. Yunho looked at her briefly while he drove.

“What?”

“I’m going to work next week.” She said.

“At the company? That’s great~”

“Aniya, at Baekje Hospital.”

“Ah, that hospital is partly owned by the Parks. You should tell Yoochun.”

“It’s okay. They already accepted me anyway.” She waved one hand dismissively.

“You forgot your ring.” Yunho said. Soomin looked at her empty ringless finger.

“Oh my, I forgot~”

Yunho fished out something from his coat pocket.

“You left it by the sink earlier.” He grinned as he handed it to her. Soomin pouted as she slipped it on her finger.

 

The red carpet was rolled out at the entrance of Jung Automobile’s company building. Jung Yunho opened the door for his wife and she went down. One of the department heads gave her a boquet of flowers as she stepped down. Soomin smiled and bowed politely.

“Thank you~”

“He’s Manager Hong from the design department.” Yunho said as he shook the man’s hand.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jung.” He greeted. Soomin stuck her hand out and shook his. Mr. Hong was quite shocked; he didn’t expect the young lady to be friendly.

“Same here.” She smiled. Then they walked towards the entrance. As soon as they got in a lot of people were waiting outside. Yunho gladly took her hand in his and began introducing her.

Soomin chatted with everyone she was introduced, her chaebol daughter breeding kicking in; she tried to memorie their names as much as she can. Yunho just smiled at her.

“The Board is inside the conference room, let’s go?” Yunho asked.

“More?” Soomin frowned. Yunho just grinned.

“Just a few MORE.” He teased. Soomin nodded and hit his arm playfully.

“You told me it was going to be easy.” She muttered as she got in the elevator.

“Well, at least the media is not present.” Yunho replied.

“Life of a chaebol wife.” She muttered. Yunho just grinned and took her hand as they went out.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I was happy to see that Soomin was doing well. I was worried that some people in the company might not like her, but she seems to be a crowd pleaser. I also caught some of our female employees gushing at her politeness and beauty. I remembered the time when I talked about this with Hyoran. She did mention that she was afraid of all the attention and people might judge her. But Soomin just walked through it with a smile on her face.

 

 

“Everyone, this is Jung Soomin, my wife.” I announced as we got in the hall. Soomin smiled and bowed politely. The board of directors stood up to greet her.

“Few more huh, Jung Yunho?” She whispered.

“It’s just for a day.” I replied as I pulled back some strands from her face. I saw her flinch for a while~ what did I just do?!~then she smiled.

“What an affectionate young couple!” Mrs. Seo said as she came to greet us.

“Kamsahamnida.” Soomin smiled.

“You’re really lucky, Mr. Jung, she’s a beauty and very charming too.”

I just smiled and thanked her.

“And a doctor too, your parents must be so happy.”

 

Your POV

 

I sat on the couch as soon as we got inside Yunho’s office.

“Do you want something to drink?” He asked, and then I noticed a figure standing by the window.

“Hyoran-ssi.”

Yunho looked around. I stood up.

“Then, I’ll be taking my leave.” I announced as I got my bag.

“Soomin-ah, kwaenchanha(It’s okay…)~”

I threw him a look.

“Hyoran’s here, I think I should go, besides, I have some things to do. I’ll…..see you later.” I patted his shoulder once and got out.

Whoa, that was so awkward.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

After Soomin went out, Hyoran hugged Yunho tightly.

“Is something wrong?” Yunho asked as she let go.

“Aniya, I just missed you.” She smiled as she asked him to sit beside her.

“You two are getting along well, I saw it downstairs.”

Yunho nodded.

“Even the Board likes her.” He said.

“Of course, the very hard to please BOD, the reason why we had to keep our relationship.” She muttered.

“Don’t think like that, I was just protecting you.” Yunho replied as he patted her hand.

Hyoran looked away. She saw how Yunho looked at Soomin. It was different.

 

“We’re not going to square one, right? Like back to zero and awkwardness overflowing~”

“Shut up, lawyer.” Soomin grinned as they sat down. Khun placed their lattes on the table.

“You know we’re just friends right now, right?”

Khun nodded.

“Lemme guess, Yunho’s BUSY again, hm?” He asked as he wiggled his brows.

“What do you mean?” Soomin asked as she took a sip from her mug.

“Lee Hyoran busy.” He stated. Soomin almost choked and looked around them.

“You know what sometimes, I regret meeting you and becoming your friend.”

Khun just grinned.

“Has he been treating you well?”

“I met the Jung company today, it was….fun.”

Khun nodded.

“Oh, oppa.” Soomin was looking somewhere behind him. Changmin, Jaejoong and Yoochun were ordering their food. Changmin looked at her and Khun, his brows rose.

 

Your POV

 

“What are you doing here?” Oppa asked he looked at Khun once.

“Free time, uhm, oppa this is Nichkhun, I met him at California, Khun oppa this is Shim Changmin, my cousin.”

Oppa nodded at Khun and soon he went to sit with his friends.

“Isnt he also friends with your husband?...So he knows?”

“Yeah, he does. And…it doesn’t matter really.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Jaejoong sat down on his seat while looking at Soomin and her friend then he grinned slyly.

He took out his phone.

“Hyung, what are you planning to do?” Yoochun asked.

“Texting Junsu and….Yunho.” He replied as he smirked.

 Su, we’re at the coffee shop, come here.  –Jaejoong

We’re at the coffee shop with the guys, Soomin and her “friend” are both here too. –Jaejoong

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

yunho so intimate..

jaejoong,....really......


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};