Ride

It couldn't be helped *Hiatus*

 

After a couple of hours of watching movies and eating snacks, Hoya, SungJung, and Sunggyu decided to head back home.
 
"Well," Hoya stood up, " I think it's time for us to go."
 
"Huh? Already?" A hint of sadness was evident in Jessica's voice.
 
"Yeah. Look what time it is," he nodded his head towards the clock on the wall. Her eyes widened after realizing that it was already 11:00 p.m causing her companions to chuckle.
 
"Don't worry, Jessica. We'll come visit more often," SungJung smiled and patted her head.
 
"Promise?" 
 
"Mmm hmm," he nodded his head and gave her a big smile.
 
"You better come too, Sunggyu," she pointed at him, " it's been a while since I've last seen you."
 
"I will," He smiled at her causing her to smile back.
 
"Alright then, let's go," Hoya began walking towards the door.
 
"It was nice hanging out man," Sunggyu gave a slight nod towards D.O.
 
"Yeh, same here,"
 
"Well, see ya later," They waved and disappeared out the door.
 
"They're really cool, huh." Jessica smiled at D.O who nodded in response.
 
"Well, time for bed," Jessica looked at the clock once again then smiled at D.O. They both began walking down the hall towards their room. 
 
"Good night, Kyungsoo-ah," Jessica turned and smiled before going inside.
 
"Good night," he smiled back, waiting for Jessica to close her door before closing his.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
It was now Friday morning. Jessica lazily reached over towards her night stand to turn off her alarm clock that was annoyingly buzzing in her ear.
 
“Great. It’s raining,” she groggily looked out the window and laid back on her comfortable bed.
 
“No, I have to get up,” she pulled herself up before falling back to sleep. She smacked herself lightly on the cheeks and proceeded to get up. She lazily slipped on her slippers and walked out to wash up.
 
“Good morning,” D.O greeted her as he too came out of his room but fully dressed for the day.
 
“How do you get dressed so fast?” Jessica rubbed her sleepy eyes with the back of her hands.
 
“I wake up before you, that’s why,” D.O chuckled. *Wow, how does she manage to always look beautiful* he stared at the messy bed haired, sleepy girl who was still wearing pjs.
 
“You, sir, are crazy for waking up so early,” she pointed a lazy finger at him and walked into the restroom. 
 
“I’ll go make us some coffee,” he shook his head and chuckled.
 
“Coffee is very much needed right now, thank you,” she said before closing the door. *So cute* he thought as he walked away, smiling. 
 
“Wow, Jessica. You actually let him see you this way. Pabo,” she muttered to herself after seeing her reflection in the mirror. She proceeded to wash her face and teeth, then pulled her hair out of the messy bun she had it in. After finishing in the restroom, she walked back inside her room to changed into something that was appropriate for the weather. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her room.
 
“Mmmmm,” she walked into the kitchen and put her bag on the counter, “ I love the smell of coffee in the morning.”
 
“It seems like your fully awake now,” D.O chuckled and handed Jessica a cup of coffee.
 
“Yup. Mmmmm,” she sat down and took a sip, “ how is it that you make coffee just the way I like it?”
 
“I guess I’m psychic,” he joked.
 
“Psychic, huh?” She chuckled, “ this is just what I needed. Thank you Kyungsoo-ah.” She took another sip.
 
“Don’t mention it,” he sat on the seat next to her, “you think you studied enough for your exam today?”
 
“I hope so,” she held the coffee cup in her hands, “ I’ve been stressing over it these past few days.”
 
“I’m sure you’ll do well,” he gave her a gentle encouraging pat on the back.
 
“Thanks,” she smiled, “ think it will stop raining?”
 
“I’m not sure, it’s been raining since I woke up,” he slightly shrugged.
 
“When did  you wake up?” she raised an eyebrow while taking a sip of her coffee.
 
“5,” he replied casually.
 
“Wow, you never seize to amaze me, Do Kyungsoo,” she let out a soft chuckle.
 
“What can I say, I’m a very interesting guy,” he lightly joked.
 
“Yes you are,” she played along then stared out the window, “I really thought  it would be sunny today. That‘s what the weather channel said.” She clucked her tongue in disappointment.
 
“Why? Did you have an outdoor activity planned today?” 
 
“No. It’s just Friday, the day that starts off the weekend. I was hoping it would be a nice day, that’s all,” she put down her now empty cup of coffee on the counter, “ should we get going now?”
 
“Yeah,” he grabbed both cups and put them in the sink.
 
“Here, I’ll wash them this time,” she moved him out of the way.
 
“No, I’ll do it,” he gently moved her away as well.
 
“No, no, no,” she moved him out of the way once again, “ besides, I don’t see your school things anywhere.” 
 
“I guess I left it in my room,” he scratched the back of his head, “ Fine, you win this time, Jessica. But next time, I will be victorious!” He threw his fist up, dramatically before smiling and walking to his room to get his books.
 
“Yeah, whatever,” she chuckled while slightly shaking her head at his silly actions.
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
“Next week, I drive,” Jessica said while getting inside D.O’s car and putting on her seatbelt.
 
“We’ll have to see about that,” he challenged with a smirk as he drove.
 
“Did you just smirk?” Jessica lifted her eyebrows in amusement.
 
“Yeah, why?” he furrowed his eyebrows at her question.
 
“Because you look…cute,” she teased, while laughing, “ most guys look cool and mysterious but you. You just look straight up adorable!” She pinched his right cheek.
 
“Y-yah~” he pushed her hand away, turning a dark shade of pink.
 
“I’m sorry but your so darn cute!” she continued teasing.
 
“I’m not cute. Okay maybe a little but I can be cool and mysterious as well,”
 
“Sure, you can Kyungsoo-ah,” she sat straight in her seat, giggling. 
 
“I can,” 
 
“I said okay,” she looked at his pink face before grinning big and looking straight ahead.
 
“I’ll see you around, Kyungsoo!” Jessica said while getting out of the car.
 
“Hmm,” he sat there with his eyebrows furrowed, and lips pursed together.
 
“Kyungsoo, you’re not mad are you?” she worriedly asked, “ look, I was just playing around. You’re not cute okay. You’re very manly. You‘re a very manly Kyungsoo.” She tried to ease his tense mood. Upon hearing that he sighed and chuckled at her words.
 
“Okay, I’m not mad,” he took his hands off the steering wheel and looked at her. She smiled back but worry was still noticeable in her eyes.
 
“Are you sure?” 
 
“Yes, I’m sure. Now go before you’re late,” he shooed her off to class.
 
“Okay, see you around,” she waved and walked off towards the buildings. 
 
“Why can’t you see me the way I see you,” he whispered to himself as he watched her disappear into the buildings. Sure he’s only been living with her for a week but Il woo has been talking to him about her for a while now and he has become to develop unexplainable feelings for her.
 
 
“Are you gonna tell her anytime soon?” Kai leaned against D.O’s car with his hands in his jean pockets as D.O got out.
 
“No,” D.O shut the car door with his books in hand, “ I can’t tell her yet. She’s still with that jerk and I don’t want to make it awkward just yet.”
 
“I guess you’re right,” Kai pushed himself off the car and ruffled his hair in place, “but who knows if she’ll ever leave that guy.” Once his friends words sunk in his eyebrows furrowed together. The grip on his books tightened and his lips formed into a thin line.
 
“She will,” he nodded his head in assurance but inside he feared that she wouldn’t. That she would end up marring L and that she would be mistreated.
 
“Alright,” Kai patted his back before walking alongside him, “whatever you decide, I’ll always have your back.”
 
“Thanks,” D.O’s lips curled up in a small smile at his friends comforting words.
 
Class was excruciatingly slow for Jessica today. She just wanted to see L and - no. She was mad at L so why would she want to see him. He should apologize first and then she’ll see him.
 
“Excuse me, Jessica?” she felt someone tap her shoulder.
 
“Oh, yeah?” she turned to Kai who had a questionable expression.
 
“Wow, out of it aren’t we?” he chuckled, “I was calling you for ever now.”
 
“Oh, sorry,” she smiled sheepishly, “I was just thinking.”
 
“Oh,” he nodded.
 
“So what was it that you wanted to tell me?”
 
“Oh yeah, can I barrow a pen again? I forgot to bring one today,”
 
“Here,” she chuckled, “you can keep it.”
 
“Thanks,” he smiled.