Coming Home

Lost Sanity

Disclaimer: Obviously I still do not own Skydragon. Property of YG and I do not make any profit in writing this story.

A/N: OMG I am updating remotely frequently. I think I am sick. Just kidding. But seriously I found a little extra time and an idea struck me.

Once he got back from the club with the rest of Big Bang, Ji-Yong was slowly packing up his things. She was still waiting for him. Maybe she really did make it back home from the building and didn’t die. Maybe he just had a really long and bad dream… but she had told him herself that she didn’t want to fight anymore. She asked him when he was coming home and that is why he was up packing away his clothes from the group apartment so he could go up into the elevator to the last floor and be at the apartment he used to share with his lover.

“Hyung… what are you doing?” Seungri asked as he sipped from his water bottle trying to sober up from all of the alcohol that he had drunk from the club. He walked inside of the leader’s room as he watched him pack away his clothes and shoes. Seungri grabbed his arm and forced him to stop. “Hyung, what are you doing?!” he asked louder as if trying to stop him and make him listen, thinking that Ji-Yong simply didn’t hear him or something.

“I’m going back to the apartment upstairs. She’s waiting for me…” Ji-Yong answered with a smile. He watched Seungri look at him with a confused expression and forced Ji-Yong to sit down on his bed.

“Who’s waiting for you?” He asked quietly and his hyung only smiled wider and it worried the poor maknae even more than usually.

“CL-roo. Who else would be home right now?” Ji-Yong answered and stood up from his spot but Seungri forced him back down onto the bed and called out to the other hyungs. He wasn’t sure how to approach this situation and he was growing more and more worried about their leader. What if he had finally snapped? He was just hoping that he was just drunk and it would all go away in the morning.

Young Bae, Daesung, and Seung Hyun came into the room and looked at Ji-Yong. “Hey man, just go to sleep here for the night. You won’t be able to make it to the elevator like this.” Young Bae said calmly and forced his best friend to lay down on the bed though Ji-Yong was struggling he couldn’t fight all four members’ strength.

“But she’s waiting. You know how she gets if I don’t come home.” He sighed and curled up under the blanket and tried to get comfortable when the four other members had finally released him. 

“We will tell her that you will come home tomorrow. Just sleep her and nurse your drunkenness. Chaerin hated it more when you came home completely wasted.” Seung Hyun responded and the other members looked at him funnily and wondering why he was letting Ji-Yong live out this delusion. He pressed a finger to his lips as if telling them to keep quiet… motioning that he would explain later.

“Ah… you’re right. She hates it when I kiss her when I smell like alcohol. Seung Hyun… please call her then. She would be less mad at me when you tell her. She trusts you most.” Ji-Yong laugh and closed his eyes… cuddling into his pillow and the group stayed there a little longer until they could hear him snoring softly.

Motioning for all of the other members to follow after him Seung Hyun walked out of the room and closed the door to Ji-Yong’s bedroom. He wasn’t sure about the others but when Seungri had explained to him that Ji-Yong had mentioned going back to the apartment, which he had not stepped a foot in since the first month of Chaerin’s death had sobered him up. “Why’d you play along with him? That can’t be healthy.” Daesung asked and Seung Hyun sighed and sat down on the floor by the door and leaned against the wall with a darkened and worried face. Being the eldest member he often acted like the father of the group.

“Think about it guys… from the moment of her death we had been trying to convince that she was dead to Ji-Yong and look what happened. He believes that she is still here. If we let him actually go through the stages of grief maybe he would heal. We didn’t let him heal all the way through because we had songs and tours to go through and that was selfish of us. Just play with the idea that she is still around. Maybe it would help. If it doesn’t we will tell YG to get him some help. Besides he might just be drunk. If it clears up in the morning then it’s all fixed and done.” Seung Hyun explained and pressed his hand to his temple. He had a headache worrying about that poor kid and honestly he felt a bit more responsible for this whole thing because he had forced Ji-Yong to go out tonight.

Meanwhile on the inside of the room, behind the closed door Ji-Yong was still wide awake. He couldn’t quite make out the words that they were saying outside but he was enjoying the company of the woman besides him. “Did Seung Hyun tell you I can’t come home tonight?” He asked quietly as he looked into the chocolate hued eyes that belonged to the woman he loved. Ji-Yong reached forward and touched her cheek, brushing her hair from her face.

“He didn’t have to oppa. I was waiting for you all along. Just our little one is upstairs waiting for you to meet him.” Chaerin responded and gently pressed a soft kiss to his lips. “But don’t worry, she is being watched over just fine…” She cooed and pressed closer to his body and Ji-Yong wrapped his arms around her body… it felt like she was right there.

“Does she look like you?” He asked and Chaerin nodded as she gently pushed strands of his hair from his face.

“She has my eyes but she has your face… Oppa… you should cut your hair. I don’t like how it’s so long on one side… I do this style a lot. Sure it’s cute because it reminds me of me… but you know I like it when it’s short.” Chaerin smiled and pressed her forehead to his. “Go to sleep now… You can come home when you wake up.”

“But Chagiya… what if you’re gone in the morning?” he asked and he was greeted by the laughter that he missed more than the world. Her eyes glistened in the peeping light from the window.

“I’ll hold your hand until you fall asleep okay? I can’t run away if you’re holding onto me right?” She asked and he nodded with a gentle peck of her lips.

“That’s right… you can’t.” Ji-Yong grinned and closed his eyes, snuggling closer so that his head was on her chest. She wouldn’t be able to get away from him if he is lying on top of her.

“Goodnight oppa. I love you.” She whispered and then the honest snores from him came. But when the morning light came and he finally awoke… it was nearly noon but he was excited to hopefully see his beloved in his arms. But under his head was his pillow, in his clenched hand where he was sure was Chaerin’s hand was a fistful of the sheets.

“Chaerin…”