Scandalised - Chapter 5

Scandalised

I got up from the table while the others were emerged in conversation about the style concept of BONAMANA. I edged around tables to get the Men's restroom.

I could still hear the others laughing and joking around while I was stared at my reflection in the mirror.
For a 28 year old, I knew I looked great. My skin was flawless - Although on bad days I looked like a Teenager going through puberty- big eyes, beautiful hands and nice hair. Many people tell me on a regular basis that I could have any woman. Or any man, for that matter.

"Why do I want her?"

I sighed and rested my head against the cool glass of the mirror.

"Because Kim Heechul always wants what he can't have."

Manager Kim had singled me out the week before Katie arrived and sat me down for a "chat". I had known what he was going to say, and I knew he was right for telling me to avoid getting close to her, the last time I got close to a member of staff I almost caused a very large and expensive scandal. She was pregnant and claimed the baby was mine. But it turned out it was her Ex-boyfriend's instead.

We had all been relieved when the news spread about it being someone else's baby. She was fired for lying about something so important, but, she still got a happily-ever-after. She went back to her ex-boyfriend, had a baby and then got married. I, Kim Heechul, was left feeling hurt and betrayed even though I hadn't actually loved her.

"Heenim? We're going back over to the KBS building, You coming?" Leeteuk knocked on the restroom door,
"Ne." I sighed.