I Need You Now

Can We Really Be?

NOTE: Here is the first chapter! Woo! It came out a little more sad than I was planning, but it works and I like it. Thank you to everyone that has subscribe, like you have no idea how shocked I was when I found out how many people had subscribed with comments. Please continues to comment and subscribe, it makes me really happy and encourages me to keep writing :D. Much love, and enjoy!

 

“Aria, it is time to pack up and head on home.” A voice came from in front of Aria, causing her to look up from her computer to see a middle aged man standing in front of her desk. It was her boss, and head of the magazine that she worked for.

“Yes sir, I just want to finish up this article that I am working on before I leave. That way I can get in another advice column in tomorrow as well.” Aria sent the man a small smile, but that smile did not reach her eyes. That caused the older gentlemen, Mr. Kwon, to frown.

“Aria, please take some time off. This is not good for you in your condition.”

“My wha…?”

“Look, you may not be over working, but you are still doing too much with being in your state. Dealing with a break up, you look pale, and I can tell that you have not been sleeping right. Also, do not think I have not missed you having to rush to the bathroom to get sick. Plus, I know that it has to be hard to give advice on relationships after getting out of one yourself. Aria, I look at you like a daughter, and I want to make sure that you are taking care of yourself; also I have to look at this from the perspective of head of the magazine. I’m worried that your break-up might affect the column.”

“Mr. Kwon, you do not have to worry about the column, I am not letting what happened in my personal life come involved in my professional life. Please, can we not talk about it? And with me getting sick, it is just a little bug, nothing to worry about.”

“Right, bug, if you say so. But that is all the more reason for you to take a small vacation. Now, I am not going to hear any more argument. I am giving you a week off, starting tomorrow. Do not worry about the column or anything like that. Just get some sleep, and go to the doctor and get something for that ‘bug.’ Do you understand me?”

Aria sighed but nodded her head in understanding, “Neh Sir. Then I guess I will take my leave and see you next week.” She gathered up all of her things and bowed to her boss, before heading out. Mr. Kwon looked after her and just shook his head, worried about the younger girl.

 

Aria rushed into her apartment and went right into the bathroom as she felt what little food she ate earlier coming back up. She was starting to think that this might be more than a bug.

“Aria?”

“N-neh?”

Aria’s roommate/sister Jihyun came into the bathroom with a glass of water and handed it to her sick, who was now leaning against the wall.

“I heard you rush in here once you got home. Are you okay?”

She just nodded her head weakly, was now sore from throwing up and it hurt for her to try and speak. After the fact, she was suddenly hit with a wave of tiredness, which was nothing new as of late. With a rough voice, she began to speak as she slowly got up, “I am going to just get ready and go on to bed.”

Jihyun nodded and helped her little sister to her room and helped her get ready for bed. Once Aria was situated in bed, Jihyun was rubbed her hair like a mother comforting her sick child.

“A, maybe you should go to the doctor. This has been going on for a while and it is not getting better.”

“I know Unnie. I’m planning on making an appointment tomorrow. My. Kwon gave me a week off starting tomorrow to relax and get myself together, so I guess I will use that time to go to the doctor.”

“Good. But for now, just get some sleep. I know you have been having trouble sleeping. Night.”

“Night Unnie.”

Jihyun bent down and kissed Aria’s hair before getting up to leave the room. Once Aria heard the door shut and her sister was back in her room, she picked up her phone and scrolled through her contact list. She went until she found the name that she was looking for. There, flashed on the screen was the name ‘Lee Joon <3.” She was so tempted to press the call button, just to hear his voice once more. But she resisted and hit the end button, placing the phone back on the side table.

Aria rolled over onto her stomach, with her arms under her head. Tears started to roll down her cheeks as she silently cried. She missed Joon more than anything, and she did regret leaving him, but she knew that it was for the best for both of them. With all of the fighting and problems they had, it was not doing either one of them any good, the only thing it did was tear them apart. But then she would think about the feel of his arms wrapped around her, the sound of his voice when he would whisper sweet nothings in her ear and softly sing her to sleep.

‘Joon, I am so sorry for how things ended. I did not want it to be like that, but it was for the best. I swore I would not call you, but I miss you so much. I just need you.’

 

Across town, it was a little after three in the morning when MBLAQ’s Lee Joon came stumbling into the dorm. It was just another day where he had spent all night drinking, trying to forget. He wanted to forget about Aria, and the pain in his chest that he felt every time he thought of her. He flopped down on his bed, not caring about Cheondoong, or waking him up. Fumbling around, Joon managed to get his phone and went through his contacts looking for Aria’s name. He did not know why he kept it in his phone, but he just could not bring himself to delete it.

He wanted to call her, but he knew with how drunk he was, and with everything else, it was not the best idea he ever had. He threw his phone away and let out a frustrated sigh. He placed an arm over his eyes and just let the alcohol and sleep take over him as he just passed out.

The next morning the other MBLAQ members were sitting around in the living room while Joon was still sleeping. Cheondoong was the first one to speak up, “He came home drunk again last night. I’m really starting to get worried”

Seungho let out a sigh, “I know, I have tried to talk to him, but every time I do he just goes off and storms away.”

“Well we have to do something,” Byunghee interrupted, beginning to feel aggravated with Joon and his behavior as of late. “What would happen if Hyung found out about how he has been behaving? Or it the tabloids found out about his staying out late drinking like he has. They would have a field day with that, and that would result in a lot of anti’s. It would just be a very bad scandal, not just for him but for the group as well.”

“Hyung, I do not think he is really thinking about that right now. He is just trying to get over the heart break he feels with Aria Noona leaving.” Mir spoke in a sad voice feeling upset for his Hyung.

Seungho, Byunghee, and Cheondoong looked at him, understanding what he was feeling. They felt bad for their brother, but they knew that he could not continue like he was because it was not good for him or for the future of the group. They knew that something had to be done to help out their brother. Before he ruined his and their career, or drank himself to death.

Before anything more could be said, Joon came out of his and Cheondoong’s room and into the living room, signs of a hangover present on his face, “What?” He asked as he looked at each one of the four men in front of him.

Seungho sighed, “Joon, when have to talk.”

Mir and Cheondoong forced him to sit down before he could protest and allowed Seungho to continue talking, “You cannot keep drinking like you do, and coming in at all hours of the night. It is starting to affect your performances in practice, and with going on schedules. We understand that you are upset about Aria, but this is not the best way to handle it. It hurts us to see you like this. Please, Joon, talk to us.”

For the first time since Aria left, Joon begun to cry, letting out everything that he had bottled up and trying to get rid of by drowning his sorrows in a bottle. He just broke down crying with his head in his hands. “Hyung, I messed up big time. I found a note, and it was a list of all the good and bad in our relationship, I never realized how many problems we really had. I guess I never really paid close enough attention. I just know that I miss her and I need her back. I have to find a way to fix what was wrong. Hyung, I really need her back.”

Byunghee pushed Mir out of the way to put an arm around Joon to try and comfort him. “Don’t worry Joon, we will try to help you get Aria back. I promise.”

The four boys looked at one another, all having the same though of what they could do to help. Joon kept his head down crying, with his brothers there to try and bring him comfort.