Work

Big Bang Theory
5:00 am and Kim was already awake, it was totally new to her, this feeling of dread as she woke up too early in the morning. But she was more surprised to see GD had also woken up, and was trudging to the bathroom with heavy footsteps.

Then she realized just how hardworking that young man was, she motivated herself with this in thought and continued to give herself a pat on the back. She finished showering and dressing earlier than GD, and so she started breakfast for him and for herself.

As the pancakes were cooking, she noticed Gaho sleeping on the kitchen floor, and adored his wrinkles in every way. She started to play with it, pinching it lightly so as not to wake up the pooch.

"Kimmin-ah, you shouldn't have to cook breakfast for us."

Kim blushed at GD's nickname for her. How she acquired it in two days she didn't know, but supposedly, the "min" GD added to her name is supposed to mean "cleverness and intelligence".

Plus what was with the "-ah" at the end, last time she checked that honorific was supposed to be used only by close friends. Were they already at that level?

She rolled her eyes, of course not, this was GD she was talking about. Smooth talker GD.

"It's alright, someone has to do it, and you were still in the shower."

Kim smiled and turned to switch off the stove and stacked the last piece of pancake on GD's plate. GD took the plates for her and she took butter and syrup from the fridge.

"Mmm... It's good, this is the first time I ate your food."

Kim pushed the syrup to him,

"You guys never let me cook."

GD's reply was muffled by the amount of food in his mouth, she only shook her head lightly.

"So do you have anything in mind for the MV?"

GD asked once he had swallowed the piece of pancake he had devoured.

She replied with a quick nod,

"Not until I see the lyrics today. Which will probably be in Korean..."

GD nodded in agreement, and a few hours later they were in the same elevator, though he was nodding back to sleep and Kim was wide awake. Feeling both nervous and excited for her new job. Taeyang on the other hand, had gone up to the recording studio an hour earlier.

GD snapped back to the real world when he heard the light ding of the elevator. He walked in front of Kim and pushed the familiar doors to the recording room open for her, seeing Teddy there and Taeyang in the recording booth.

Kim thanked GD and plopped on the large couch in there, instantly relaxing.

"Here's the lyrics for "I Need a Girl". Taeyang's reocrding the last track for his solo album right now. You can work on that now."

Kim nodded and slipped the paper out from Teddy's grasp. There was only a few English words on there and she lightly groaned.

"I think you guys have to teach me to read and write Korean too..."

GD peered over at the lyric sheet, knowing that Kim was having trouble understanding it. He took a seperate piece of paper and attempted to write up the English translations. Kim saw this and smiled, handing him the paper and then after looked up to the recording booth to see Taeyang with a smile on his face.

The said artist waved his hand at her and she returned it with a small laugh. He was recording a song called "Take it Slow" for his solo album, he seemed to have fun doing it, like he was meant to do it from the start. Kim admired that energy from him.

"Aish... translating to English is harder than I thought."

Kim heard GD mumble from beside her, he was scratching his head and the pen he had was propped behind his ear. Teddy swiveled around in his chair to face them,

"Improve your English. Give me that."

As usual he said this in a gangster English way, snatching away the paper and attempting to translate it as well.

GD laid back on the couch, both of his arms behind his head and listened as his long time partner recorded the last song for his album.

GD was proud of him. Taeyang had gone a long way to reach this, and he was sure it would be successful, he was there to support him all the way.

A few minutes after, Teddy had handed back the paper to Kim and she had started to analyze it while GD peered over to do the same.

"So it's about a dream girl? "A girl who looks young even though she’s old"? I already have someone in mind."

Kim smiled at the lyrics, it was such a cliche description of a dream girl.

"Really? Who?"

GD asked, curious as to what was going in her mind.

"Dara unnie."

Kim said it so casually that she thought she was being rude, Teddy had swiveled back in the office chair once again and commented her,

"Exactly."

Kim nodded, picturing in her mind the kind of music video she anticipated.

"Do they have a choreography for this song?"

GD knew they did, it was what they've been working on since it's the title song.

"They do, I think Shaun has it completed already. We've practiced it a few times for the comeback stage."

Kim picked up the pen on GD's ear and started to write down points to note for the MV. She wanted to use a dance choreography, hopefully the concept was one that focused on a girl and a guy.

Next thing she wanted to do was listen to the song, and as if GD had read her mind he offered an earphone to her, which he stared curiously at before accepting, noticing that it was plugged to GD's phone.

The music started mellow at first, then became upbeat, a typical sign of Teddy's creation. Through the chorus, it was only then that Kim realized the song was "I Need a Girl". A smile crept up her face when a part where GD was rapping came up, and he started rapping along to which her smile became wider.

He was really a man with talent, Kim never bought any of Bigbang's albums, but she did buy 2ne1's mini album and GD's Heartbreaker one. Those were her personal favorites, and that's how she discovered GD could not only rap but also sing. His voice was kind of the husky type, one that she couldn't describe.

Then she also knew about the controversy his album had going around, 2009 was probably a hard year for him, but it only made her admire the boys more. They managed to get through it and stick together through the hardships.

Kim took down more notes on the beat and what she wanted to do with the timings. The close ups according to the rhythm of the song and sequences of the MV. By the end of the song she had already pictured what it would be like.

"Kamsahamnida."

Kim directed a thank you to GD just as Taeyang was done recording. He came out of the recording booth and greeted GD and only nodded shyly at Kim to which she smiled to yet again.

"She's making your MV."

GD nonchalantly exclaimed to Taeyang, to his surprise,

"Oh? Really? Thank you."

Taeyang bowed to Kim, it seemed like a tradition to them to thank people who worked hard for their sake. Kim waved her arms in protest, she wasn't used to the bowing gesture.

"Aniyo, I want to do it so you don't have to say thank you."

Taeyang only laughed, and asked what she had in mind.

"Well..."

That's how Kim's job as all around producer in YG Entertainment commenced.