Day 7: Decision

Big Bang Theory
Just as Kim thought, a week passed by like lightning would. But still she didn't know what to do. She had gone by herself to look at universities, and the best was one none other than Seoul University, but, she didn't know if she could handle living in a dorm alone.

The week had brought her closer to the members of Bigbang, though she only saw Taeyang rarely the other members had been good to her, even Gaho had warmed up to her.

Maybe it was such a bad idea that she stayed here in the first place, she was getting attached, she needed distance from them. These superstars can't be friends with her, it'd be all over soon once they start getting busy.

Or would it?

Yeah... that's right. She had been avoiding the guys since this morning and as she sat in her room contemplating her decision, she stood and decided to tell Mr.Yang that she needed to leave.

She needed to leave, the reason was because she had to. She had to leave before she got closer to any of them made it impossible for her to do so.

Kim got out of the apartment without being spotted by the Bigbang members, as they were all doing their own thing, using the last day of their holiday to enjoy themselves in peace.

Kim pressed the down button and waited patiently for the elevator to come.

Was this a wise decision? Would leaving really be what would make her happy?

In here, she had a future, a job that could make her happy. Three years later after she get her masters degree, would that job opportunity still be open? Would the guys that she would leave still be the same person?

She shook her head, of course they would be. They're Bigbang, nothing more.

"Yo, I was just about to pick you up from here."

The elevator doors were opened and Teddy was smiling at her. Teddy was speaking in English and they continued to do so all the way to the trip down to Mr.Yang's office.

The past week Bigbang had agreed to speak only in Korean, so as to help Kim with the language barrier. It had helped a lot, and she was able to learn and understand more Korean words in just a week. But she still wasn't able to speak it properly, just understand, for now.

They had been a great help.

"I'm not forcing you to stay, Kim. It's your decision."

Kim listened to the words of the President and found them to be quite sincere. Teddy only watched her facial expression, it was unreadable but it looked like she was still struggling for an answer.

"Do you need another week to think about it?"

Mr.Yang politely asked, and she shook her head.

What was the decision that she wanted? What was it? At that moment, she knew what she wanted to do, but it seemed that she was in denial.

"I..."

She started to remember what she would miss if she was to go, what she wouldn't have if she went and what she could have if she stayed.

"I think... I'll stay."

It was what she wanted from the start. Her dream job, with her dream Korean boy band, she wanted this. Although for a smart girl like her, it didn't seem like a good idea.

"I'm glad and I appreciate your decision, so, I'd have to give you your first assignment for next week."

She tensed up at this, almost forgetting that agreeing to the proposal meant that Mr.Yang was her boss now. Teddy saw this and snickered at her reaction, earning a stern look from Mr.Yang himself. Teddy only coughed.

"You see, Taeyang has been bus with his solo activities and 2ne1 is having their comeback after three months. But right now, we're focusing on Taeyang's solo comeback, his title song is "I Need a Girl" would you mind directing his music video for that song?"

Was that even a question? This was what Kim had dreamed of. Directing music videos, films and movies, if not writing scripts or editing magazines or anything that had to do with the behind the scenes of the entertainment industry.

She agreed and had a schedule relayed to her which she all kept mentally in her head.

She found herself back in Bigbang's apartment on the third floor a smile on her face, but as she moved inside, she saw TOP, Daesung, Seungri and GD with passive looks on their faces.

Kim tilted her head to the side wondering what their blue faces were for.

"Noona, are you leaving?"

Daesung asked in complete Korean. Kim had to put his sentence together into English and she only laughed at him.

"Yah, what are you talking about? I need to work with you guys now."

Somehow it was as if a bulb lit their faces up, and Daesung was starting to get excited again and danced around with Seungri. TOP only ruffled her hair and congratulated her while GD gave her a high five.

They were like brothers to her now, also something that she had wanted for a long time. An elder brother.

"What are you gunna work at, noona?"

Seungri asked and she replied casually,

"Taeyang's "I Need A Girl" MV."

They all "oooh"ed in amazement.

"Hey! I'm in that song, that means we'll be spending more time together!"

GD said and Kim hid her blush by turning the other way with a grumble.

"Well, here's my phone number noona! You can call me if you get bored!"

Daesung said shoving his phone to her face and she took out her own phone, copying the number down and saving it as "Dae". TOP followed suit, although not as energetically as the latter did. Seungri also did so and Kim put down "Tabi" and "Panda" respectively on her phone.

Come to think of it, they were the only guys who she had phone numbers of -aside from her dad, of course- she never was too keen on getting or giving her phone numbers to guys in college.

"Here's mine."

GD held his phone out and Kim started to put it down as well, but instead of putting "GD" she had put "Ji-yong", she always didn't know why she called him Ji-yong instead of a simple GD, but she liked the sound of his name.

"YG Family, fighting!"

Daesung punched his hand up to the air and TOP goofily followed him. Kim laughed heartily as they pushed the atmosphere up, knowing that she had made the right decision.