Chapter Nine || Phone Lock

Forbidden Fruit.

 

“Hey.”  Ji Min’s limp body shifted to the side and then rolled back in place when her friend nudged her with her foot.

 

It took her a moment to shake the drowsiness from her mind but she eventually did and turned to face her model-friend Hye Na. “What?” she slurred sleepily.

 

“When you going back to Korea?” 

 

She shrugged lamely. “Two days. Since we just got like six more shoots last minute my manager let me stay for a week and a half more. It’s almost over though. Lots more shoots to go.” Ji Min yawned. “Why?”

 

Hye Na regarded her with blank, cautious eyes. “You do know that EXO-K is here in China right?”

 

Her expression never changed. “And?”

 

“Are you serious?” Hye Na hissed. Ji Min looked at her. “They’re back from London, now in China, going back to Korea tonight the country you happen to be staying in, don’t you think it’s a good time to apologise-”

 

“Apologise?” Ji Min shrieked. Her face went beetroot red and she breathed heavily through her nose, trying to calm herself down.

 

“No.”

 

Hye Na sighed, knowing that her friend would not budge from her place.

 

“And what about your sixteenth?” Hye Na asked for a change in topic, carefully putting her wet nails down on the table and blowing on them.

Still, Ji Min stared straight through her, completely distracted. “Hmm ... what?”

Hye Na threw her a withering look. “Your sixteenth, Ji Min.” She shook her head.

“I think... I might cancel it.”

Hye Na stopped blowing on her fingernails and stared at Ji Min. Then, she packed up her nail-polish, pulled Ji Min to her feet and dragged her to the nearest secluded area of the shoot.

“Are you crazy?” she half whispered. “You’ve been planning this for ages! We all have! Everything is sorted. Don’t tell me you’re cancelling on us just because your boyfriend isn’t coming!”

“I don’t even think he’s my boyfriend anymore.” Ji Min remained unmoved, frozen still.

Softening, Hye Na pulled her friend to her side and patted her shoulder. “I don’t know Jong In myself, but he’s hot, and I can sure tell you that you two... this is just a thing alright?”

“There are gonna be times where people get in the way and situations do to but all you can do is it up and move on. No one is going to be there for you to run to crying. Your mother has no idea you even have a boyfriend! You went to all that trouble hiding him and your relationship from the public and you’re not even going to get an official break up?” Hye Na fumed.

“Ji Min, that’s the least you can do for yourself and for him.”

Ji Min still remained in the seat and her dead eyes stared straight forwards. A crew member approached the two girls and cautiously spoke to them, “Uh girls, you’re on now.”

“What?” Hye Na snapped, “We’re done for the day.”

“Yes, but we need to make some changes so all you need to do is stand there. We just need your face and you haven’t washed your makeup off either.”

The two stood up, exhaling. “Let’s do this.” Ji Min said, rather tired already.

Her friend followed her, shaking her head.

-

“China was good right?” Joon Myun asked Jong In who sat next to him. “London was better.” Jong In murmured as he flipped a page in his magazine. He looked to the spread the EXO-M was on and a smile played at his lips.

“Well I thought that the filming at Chi-”

But Jong In stopped him. “Hyung.” Joon Myun sighed and stopped talking. “Just... be quiet, please.”

Sometimes, Joon Myun just tried way too hard. The cheesy and uncomfortable person on screen was such a big contrast to the person the members knew off stage.

But he couldn’t help it. He was just so nervous all the time.

They were on the van back to the EXO dorm in Korea after a short and quiet flight from China. It was good to see their chinese counterparts and the twelve people left each other feeling refreshed and lively.

Chanyeol turned around in the front passenger seat and looked to where Jong In was sitting. “Are you going to see Ji Min?”

At the question, Kyungsoo glanced down at his friend’s hand and swallowed when he saw Jong In’s tight hand crumple the magazine just a little.

Not everyone looked to anticipate his reaction, but everyone was listening, just waiting for him to snap.

“No.” The page flipped loudly.

Chanyeol turned back around and didn’t say another word.

A few minutes later, Jong In sighed quietly to himself and stared in a daze at the back of Chanyeol’s head. 

In reality, he wanted Chanyeol to ask him about her. He wanted to hear her name, even if it wasn’t from his own mouth. There was nothing he desired more.

He missed Ji Min so much. Every night he spent in China Jong In thought of her before he went to sleep. Knowing she was in China and somehow only a few hundred kilometres away from him just drove him crazy. Even the make up artists mentioned that he needed a bit more foundation than usual.

“We’re here.”

Everyone got off the van and lugged their suitcases back into the building, waving at their fans and bowing at trainees, friends and other idols they passed.

“Oh. Jong In. Your phone rang; someone called Ji Min.” their manager told him. “Make sure she’s not giving your number away to fans.” he warned.

On impulse, every band member turned to stare at him before turning away, trying not to pry. 

-

“... Hello?”

“You listen to me Kim Jong In.” the person on the other line hissed.

“... who is this? Ji Min?”

The person laughed as nastily as she could manage. “I’m not Ji Min. But just pay attention Jong In.”

He didn’t listen. “Who are you? Are you a sasaeng fan? Are you an anti? Where’s Ji Min? Why are you calling from her number? JI MIN?” 

The person was beginning to worry. This wasn’t the point of the conversation. He can’t freak out. “Shut up and just listen. You’re a little head for getting her so upset you know? She was barely coping with her schedule and you had to go all ape on her.”

Jong In didn’t reply. “I don’t care about you but she misses you so you better get your act together alright? Or else some other person is going to take her away.” 

Who-” she hung up.

 

Shindong looked at Sulli. “Are you sure that it’s going to work?” The girl pursed her lips, slightly nervous and shrugged. “Dunno, but I hope it does.”

He turned around to the mixing board and tweaked a few more buttons. “Hope you know what you’re doing was risky Sulli.”

Yes, the girl on the phone was Sulli.

She had begged for her sunbae’s help in getting her voice to sound nasally and mean but still very real, just so she could disguise her naturally soft and recognisable voice. 

It was mean, she knew, and she didn’t really think that he was a ‘head’, but she just desperately needed to get the message across; it wasn’t going well for either party, according to what she saw from Ji Min and what she heard from Joon Myun.

This was her last resort, and she hoped to god that it would work. If she was caught with Shindong so late and in a studio without permission, the two would be seriously scolded. And she had just made a comeback with F(X).

But she had a little sister to take care of and also the sister’s daft minded boyfriend to handle.

Sulli weighed the large Samsung Galaxy in her hand and sighed. The guilt was eating at her; she never meant to have to steal from Ji Min.

Before Ji Min left for China she was trying to search for it and was going crazy, but Sulli just wouldn’t budge. The stress the girl was under was threatening to crack her, and Sulli could see the effect it had on her already weak health.

It had been what, three or four weeks since the two’s relationship had been on ‘hiatus’ and Ji Min’s hospital scare, and since then EXO-K had been in London and had just returned from China.

Ji Min had explained with much difficulty that the weight she was at after she had the meltdown, which was around thirty nine to forty one kilograms - a dangerous weight for such a hard working and girl of her age - was the weight she was required to be for this particular shoot. According to her, Oroton didn’t want anything else.

It was ridiculous.

Sulli knew Krystal was skinny, but even that was big compared to Ji Min.

In one week and three days she would return and Sulli planned to precariously ‘find’ the phone and return it to the girl, have her boyfriend make amends and then get her weight back up. 

It wasn’t going to be easy, so to say, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

“Jinri-ah, it’s getting late.” Shindong grabbed his coat and the two left after turning off the lights and all the systems.

Leaving the phone sitting on the side of the table.

-

An hour later three people walked in.

Luna led the trio with Amber and Krystal tagging along. Their recording manager followed soon after.

“Let’s get started then girls?” the manager announced and all the machines and computers.

They were here for a singing course today to boost their confidence on stage. Electric Shock proved to be a bit of a difficulty for them, especially with the criticism on the lines more spoken than actually sung.

Luna opened the door to the sound proofed studio while Amber and Krystal walked to their seats and sat down. Amber yawned and stretched her arms in exhaustion while Krystal rocked sideways in her chair, bored.

But then something caught her eye. Something flashed in the corner and she sat up, leaning towards the object to get a closer look.

“Oh.” she said quietly to herself. No one saw her, she noticed, so she picked it up and unlocked it, trying to see who’s it was.

A photo of a girl and a boy kissing was the wallpaper, and she was just about to put it down when she tilted her head and looked at the boy again. “Jong In?” she mumbled. The more she looked at it, the more it looked like him.

Krystal’s eyes narrowed and she diverted her attention to the girl that was kissing him. “Huh.” she huffed. She hated to admit that the girl was actually really pretty. Beautiful even.

“Soojung-ah.” Luna beckoned her to go and Krystal smiled before locking the phone and tossing it into her bag.

Whoever that girl was, she was going to get hell.

-

Sulli closed the door to the dorm. “Where have you been?” The leader greeted her with a cup of milk in her hands.

“Just out.” Victoria regarded her suspiciously and walked to her. “Jinri-ah.” Sulli looked away and acted as if her life depended on it. It probably did.

“Nowhere. I found someone’s phone.”

Victoria’s attention was sidetracked. “Oh! I bet they’re searching all over the place for it. Where is it?” Sulli smiled to herself and then patted her right pocket. Strange. It wasn’t there. Then, she patted her left and when she couldn’t find it there she began to panic.

“No...” she searched through her jacket and bag, literally running her hands through all the objects she had but no phone of Ji Min’s was found.

“Sulli.” Victoria sighed. “Really, you always lose things. Where did you find it?”

There was no point lying to her, “It was in the recording studio.” She omitted the word found because technically she was the one who took it.

“Oh.” Victoria waved her hand. “That’s alright. Soojung went earlier with the others to practice.”

Sulli paled and her eyes shot open. “What? Soojung? Krystal?” Victoria put her cup in the sink. She frowned. “What’s the big deal? It’s not like it’s Jong In’s phone...” she caught Sulli’s stare.

“No.” she gasped. Sulli shook her head. “It’s not Jong In’s... it’s Ji Min’s, and her wallpaper is of the two of them kissing!” she wailed.

Victoria shrieked and grabbed her phone. “Let’s go, let’s go get it! Hurry up!” she pulled Sulli’s body from the couch and the two bolted down the corridor, trying to get to the studio and grab the phone before the jealous Krystal did.

Little did they know that the SM princess was already using her devious mind to figure out a way to pull apart her loved one and her rival.

 


 

Other Stories By InToXiCaTeD-by-JaE (in order of age):

I’m Kim Jae Joong’s Sister In Law... || Bringing Back the Gods of the East || My Little Heartbreaker || Intoxicated by Jae || Lessons in Heartbreak || The Blind Side || Breaking Bad || Intense Attraction || Forbidden Fruit || At Long Last || War of Words: Unravel Me || The Way You Tease Me || How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay || The Porcelain Club || It’s A Long Story (Request Shop)

Or, in order of bias:

TVXQ - 

I’m Kim Jae Joong’s Sister In Law... || Bringing Back the Gods of the East || My Little Heartbreaker || Intoxicated by Jae || Lessons in Heartbreak || Breaking Bad ||It’s A Long Story (Request Shop)

Teen Top -

The Blind Side || It’s A Long Story (Request Shop)

B.A.P -

Intense Attraction || It’s A Long Story (Request Shop)

EXO - 

Forbidden Fruit || At Long Last || War of Words: Unravel Me || The Way You Tease Me || How To Turn Your Boyfriend Gay || The Porcelain Club || It’s A Long Story (Request Shop)

Thank you.

 

 


 

 

Woah. Now that is what I call shameless advertising.

You know, I figured that I never fully thanked you guys for reading and subscribing even though only a fraction of you actually comment. I can guarantee that only a few of you will even get past the advertising and read this cause... that's what I did a few years ago.

Now, I know that not only does commenting raise karma points (yes, bribery now people), but it also actually makes the authors feel good.

You don't know how sad it feels to see other authors get throngs of comments for a single authors note while others double, triple update or even just write one amazing chapter and struggle to even reach two comments.

Thank you to all my subscribers, thanks and credits will be give out to each and every one of you when this delicious Ji Min and Jong In story has come to a close.

Love, cookies and cream to all of you,

InToXi out.