Chapter 4 - The Healing

Protectors

 

“What happened?” Margie asked the guys who just brought Ryeowook out of his bedroom.

“Ryeowook and I were going home from the supermarket a few nights ago. Then he saw this black figure. Then we ran. Then we stopped to rest but apparently the thing followed us. We ran again. When we got nearer to the dorm, we slowed down. But suddenly a fog surrounded us and I think the thing – whatever it is – attacked Ryeowook there and then. When the fog was gone, he was lying on the floor. And here we have,” Eunhyuk recounted.

“His eyes?” she inquired as she turned his face from side to side.

“It turns whiter every single minute. It’s never close, so we don’t know if he’s asleep or awake. He never did respond to anything,” Shindong replied.

“And what’s his name again?”

“Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook.” She nodded.

She looked up to see Siwon and said, “Please do me a favor. Get me a glass of warm water, towel and an ice-pack. Thanks.”

Siwon proceeded into the kitchen without objection. Margie looked at Leeteuk.

“Do you mind if I... erh... destroy this couch?”

“As long as Ryeowook is fine,” he answered curtly.

“If that’s the case...” she began fumbling with Ryeowook’s shirt button.

“Y-y-yah! What do you think you are doing??!” Yesung half-screamed. Margie looked at him incredulously.

“I need to let the heat out so I have to have him half-. It’s for healing. And I am not alone; you guys are with me,” she stated matter-of-factly. Yesung’s cheeks turned a little red with her actions. Donghae patted his shoulders, understanding his pain, whereas Kyuhyun smirked in amusement.

Yesung’s vision was even redder when Margie got on top of Ryeowook, settling on his hips. The others were shocked with her actions but didn’t say anything. If it’s for the better, why not?

Margie sat on his waist lightly and placed her right palm flat on Ryeowook’s chest, pushing it into his ribcage.

“Es aicinu l'esprit de Kim Ryeowook. Pour être réveillé. Per essere vivo. Pentru a fi înviat din morţi. Om te kunnen vechten. (I call upon the spirit of Kim Ryeowook; to be awakened and to be alive. To be risen and to be able to fight)” A flash of green and red light streamed out of her arm and circulated around the two of them, making a barrier between them and the others who were watching.

“Ice-pack,” she whispered and laid out her left palm. Siwon gave it to her and she placed it on top of Ryeowook’s head.

She sat up right when the red streaks were colliding and circulating above Ryeowook’s bare chest; and held onto her amulet with her left hand. She placed her right hand on the side of Ryeowook’s face, bowing her head before closing her eyes.

“J'appelle sanitatem Spiritus herätä el cos de Kim Ryeowook. (I call upon the Healing Spirit to reawaken the body of Kim Ryeowook.)

It started with a twitch on his finger. Soon, Ryeowook began sweating and tossed and turned underneath her. Margie continued casting charms in the same position.

Ryeowook’s movement got more violent and he grabbed the couch until it tore. He continued tossing and turning, his body sweating more than ever until it created a pool on the floor and the couch was fully wet and looked like it was partially melted.

His eyes turned from white to fury red and soon, Ryeowook began shouting in unknown language, foreign to others but understandable to Margie.

“Kurat te!! Finem hoc. Anois! (Damn you. End this now.)

Margie grabbed Ryeowook’s neck and squeezed it tightly; making the other members shuddered in fear, especially Yesung.

“Lo vi comando en nome de Maker a entregar. (I command you by the Maker’s order to surrender),” she menacingly said; to whatever that can understand it.

Ryeowook screamed for the longest of time in agony and struggled in Margie’s grasp before he went limp and fainted.

Margie got off him and took the glass of warm water together with the towel from Siwon’s hand. She then sat beside Ryeowook who was sleeping – with his eyes closed, finally – and whispered some charms to his ear.

She finally stopped the healing by murmuring, Despertar l'anima mon cher. (Reawake your soul, my dear.)”

“Open your eyes, Wookie-ah. We are all waiting for you,” Yesung said from behind her.

“Please wake up,” she continued and soon enough, his fingers began twitching again.

His head turned from side to side before he finally opened his eyes. He gazed around in confusion until his eyes landed on Margie.

“Thank you... for saving my life,” he croaked and smiled.

Both Siwon and Leeteuk instantly went to his side and helped him up. Margie gave him the glass, which he gulped down in one shot.

“How are you feeling, Ryeowook-ah?” Eunhyuk was the first to break the silence.

“I’m fine, hyung. Just feeling a little dizzy.” Ryeowook took the towel and wiped himself.

“Omo, what happened to the couch? It’s so wet!” he shrieked, earning chuckles from the other members. Oh, they missed this guy.

“Urm, can you like, differentiate the different colors?” Margie asked. Ryeowook looked at her disbelievingly.

“Of course I can! Your shirt is purple,” he confidently said. The other members frowned.

“It’s okay. It will go away,” Mrs. Diggory assured them.

“What, I got it wrong? It isn’t purple?” he asked, worry coursed through his face.

“It happens during healing. This shows that the healing is a success. And the color blindness will go away,” Margie reassured and patted his shoulders. “It means, I am a good healer.”

Everyone nodded in satisfaction, except Ryeowook who frowned in disapproval.

“What is it then?” he asked.

“It’s blue.”

“But it’s near...” he protested.

“Okay enough. I am glad Ryeowook’s back to normal but let us get to serious mode. Ryeowook-ah, what exactly happened to you?” Soo Man asked seriously.

“Well...”

//

“When both of us were walking home, I saw this black figure at the end of the pathway of our usual shortcut. Eunhyuk-hyung saw it too. Then he told me to run and I followed him.”

“We stopped only to realize it was behind us the whole time. This time, it was nearer to us. Hyung told me to run again.”

“Then I got really tired so I begged him to stop. But suddenly, a thick fog came between us and I lost Eunhyuk-hyung.”

“Then what happened?” Soo Man pressed on.

“Well, I was shot. I don’t know by what but I can feel it piercing through my body. Then, my body grew really hot that I was jumping around because it was too hot. Then, I felt my face splashed with something like water.”

“I can still see everything around me. But I can’t hear or feel or taste or smell anything. And I couldn’t close my eyes. It was scary though, because my vision was getting blurrier that I thought I was going blind.”

“When she was healing you?” Shindong questioned.

“When she healed me, my chest felt so hot and painful that I don’t really realize what I am doing. I was engulfed in a black fire and it was red everywhere. Then, again, I felt I was splashed with water. After that, I saw the black fire descending and finally vanished. Then, I heard her voice, asking me to reawake my soul,” Ryeowook pointed at Margie.

“That must be scary for you, Ryeowook-ah,” Sungmin said. Ryeowook nodded.

“Do you have anything to say, Margie?” Mrs. Diggory asked Margie, who was deep in thoughts.

“I don’t think it wants to attack Ryeowook,” she said confidently.

“What do you mean?” Marianna asked.

“It wanted to attack the other guy but it ended up attacking this poor guy. Because the degree of the attack was way too low for the blood that he carries,” she concluded.

“What’s the difference?” Donghae asked, looking at Eunhyuk.

“Eunhyuk carries 13 out of the 17 blood. Ryeowook carries 14 out of the 17 blood. This kind of fog blinding attack shows that the culprit is from Dhapnine, am I not wrong, Margie?” Mari looked at her friend, who nodded in agreement.

“From what Mrs. Diggory had told me, apparently there are two ‘Transbloods’ here, right?”

“‘Transblood’?” Shindong asked.

“Dhapnine?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“What do you mean something out of 17 bloods?” Siwon looked at her.

“You... didn’t tell them? At all?” Mrs. Diggory stared at Soo Man who was fidgeting uncomfortably.

“I guess, I am would rather have you telling them,” Soo Man replied and bowed to Margie, who was confused by his actions.

The boys turned to look at Margie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double update~

Readers out there, tell me if this gets too confusing, okay? I will clarify for you :)