Epilogue Part 2

Protectors

 

 

Midnight of January 9, 2012 - Seoul, Korea

.

Without delay, he turned his heels and ran for his life. That was all he could do. He couldn’t fight it, obviously. Its movement was too quick for a human eye to detect.

 As he dashed, he could feel the cold pursuit behind him. Not to mention that the air around him got colder, causing him goose bumps and sending shivers down his spine.

He could see the light ahead. Get out to the streets was all he thought of right now.

He smiled in triumph as he reached the end of the chase, towards the light. But his smile turned into a look of horror when he saw the hooded figure settling down in front of him.

“Where are you going, sweetie?” He could not distinguish if the voice belongs to a man or a woman, but the tone in his voice literally screamed out evil and deadly.

“Please don’t kill me. I’ll do anything,” he begged at the figure. It let out a high-pitched sound into the dark sky, which the man comprehended as laughter.

“It won’t take long, dearest gentleman. I assure you, it’s so fast that you would not feel it at all, just like the rest,” it purred and went nearer to the man.

The figure let out a soft, unnoticeable breath onto the man’s face. As he stared at the figure; trying to look at its face, his eyes bulged out. His lungs stung as he breathed in. He could feel the air moving through his windpipe and into his lungs where he felt little knives cutting his lungs out and ripping them into pieces.

“You lied,” he managed to breathe out before collapsing onto the ground.

The figure laughed seeing the man suffer. It was joy to it. He slid past the man and zoomed out straight into the night, looking for ones with ‘the blood’, a threat to their realm.

Meanwhile, the man continued struggling and tried to hold onto his breath. But it was of no use, since a human can never stop breathing. He could feel the little knives in his veins now, cutting every single thing as it flows together with his blood.

It was a miserable experience. He never felt so hopeless in his life before.

And he was going to die, just like the others. What have he done to the figure until he had to face this suffering, he would never know.  

But he was fully aware that he was not going to be the last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meanwhile ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They are in danger. All of them," a women was telling Lee Soo Man, who was sitting on the sofa, smoking his cigar.

"We will find him," he told her casually.

She huffed and stood up. "You may not care about them, but remember, they are the reason for your survival. Your pleas would not have been heard if you haven't had them that time."

Soo Man spitted and grabbed her arm. "I will protect them," he said fiercely. "I will find their true Protectors."

"We cannot afford to wait any longer, my dear. Just find the Gifted. My vision is coming true," she argued and released her arm from his grip. With that, she walked out of the room.

As he stared at her vanishing figure, he whipped out his phone.

"Track the bloodline of the Demon King and tell me where his descendant is right now."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 will be on the Demon King's descendant fully, okay? The next chapters will then be about SuJu. (<-- *shrieks in excitement~*)