Chapter 1 - The Unknown Descendant of the King

Protectors

Morning of January 13, 2012 - D’Cruzel Dorm, Waitv

 

Margery woke up as soon as the clock struck 6am sharp. She got down the bed and walked towards the bathroom, dragging the soles of her feet. She was so not in the mood to attend her classes today. But she had to.

She groaned when she saw the door was closed. She knocked on the door, wailing loudly to the person inside, “You better be quick before I smash this door down!”

No sooner had she gave her warning than the door popped open. Her classmate, Cassandra, timidly got out.

“I’m sorry. I was just finishing up my preparation for school. You may use the toilet now,” she whispered in fear.

Margery, more commonly known as Margie, acknowledge her statement with a slight nod and went into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. Inside, she smirked at the thought of her friend being afraid of her.

Ever since she manifested into a jinxflinger, her friends, who were witches, were terrified the out of themselves due to the apparent fact that a jinxflinger are the most powerful charmcasters in the world of witchcraft.

Margie looked at her hands, opening and closing them. Who knew, this orphan would gain the most powerful power of all? She evilly smiled. Then, as if proud with the power that she have, a jet of green and red light shot out of Margie’s hands and onto the tap, melting it.

“Stupid,” she muttered and closed her hand over the tap.

‘Helashia’she murmured; and the tap returned back into its normal condition.

Margie washed up herself and got out of the bathroom to see a whole line of her dorm mates outside of the toilet, waiting for her to come out. Seems like no one dared to voice out anything to her while she was in the toilet. She smirked again.

“How long was I in the toilet in the first place?” she innocently asked the nearest person, Rebecca.

“Ahh… erh… I think it was around ten minutes, that’s all,” she whispered, looking the rest behind her who were nodding at her statement.

“Oh, really?” I know I was longer than that. But no worries, she added to herself. She silently smirked and walked off from the bathroom to her room, passing by a clock which clearly indicated 6.45am.

Since her classes start at 9am, she has a whole load of free time to spend while waiting for her class.

“Now what should I do?” She murmured as she put on her clothes.

She went out of her room and headed towards the living room. There, she saw her best friend, Marianna or Mari as she calls her, serving food.

“Mornings, good friend. Wanna have some waffles?” Mari gave her a plate with a cute waffle, spread with some chocolates on top of it. Her favorite.

“Yeah sure. Thanks honey.”

Marianna was the only girl that was sincere enough to befriend her when she first stepped into the school. Margie was considered as a freak with no special abilities and they were all wondering why she was there in the first place.

Well, it’s funny how tables have turned, isn’t it? She used to be scared of all the charm tricks that could be casted upon her. Now who’s scared of who? That thought made Margie laughed silently in her heart.

Margie grabbed the TV console and sat down on the sofa, switching the TV on before eating her waffles.

“News from Realm of the Norm: A man was found dead in an alley in Seoul, Korea on morning of January 10. According to the Norm government, this is the 15th case similar case reported ever since the first attack happened 2 weeks ago and the first attack in the Asian region. The victim, Mr. Lee Kyung Sung, was said to suffer the same fate as the other victims: inhalation of the mysterious and dangerous untraceable air. The Norm Interpol would like to advise the Realms to look out for any suspicious looking object that could potentially release the dangerous air and not to go out past the curfew hours.

Margie scrunched up her brows. What’s with the Realm of the Norm? Killing people by inhaling the wrong air? Those humans never fail to create new ways to destroy themselves. Such a violent race.

But it was weird. If she were to apply her Biology concept of diffusion thought in academy, shouldn’t the ‘dangerous air’ diffused around and attack some other innocent soul? For god’s sake, air moves at a constant and random speed, so it should diffuse. Not to mention that the concentration of the ‘dangerous air’ is higher than that of the ‘normal air’; and since diffusion is the net movement of substances from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration down a concentration graph; the fact remains that the ‘dangerous air’ should moved away from the place and somewhere else where it attacks another innocent soul.

However, reports had said that apparently, the ‘dangerous air’ is not detected at all after the victim’s death and there had not been any reports of other mysterious death prior to the case. The next victim would be attack somewhere far from the previous victim. Seems like this ‘dangerous air’ is a specific murderer and it vanished after completing its mission of killing the victims.

And that made everything a freak case.

“Could be a witch’s or a wizard’s prank,” Marianna said, as if she heard her thoughts.

“Impossible. This is murder, not prank. There must be something behind these people who died mysteriously,” Margie replied and sat back on the sofa, thinking.

“Is breakfast… ready?” came a question from the end of the stairs.

“Goddammit just come down will you?! I am sick and tired of you being scared of me! Do you possibly think I am going to murder you for what you did to me last time with my powers? that, s!” Margie shouted, pissed off with the constant timid reaction from her classmates.

One by one came down the stairs slowly, trying not to look at Margie. Margie huffed and stood up, walking towards the door.

“Margie...” Marianna called.

“Just going for a walk” was what she replied before slamming the door shut.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“There you are, Margie. Come, Mrs. Diggory has something to tell us,” Marianna grabbed Margie’s hand, pulling her to the living room.

Margie sighed. What else does this woman want? She was tired after a long day in school, practicing techniques of sending out spells, memorizing spells, charms and for her case, jinxes.

Mrs. Diggory, the headmistress of the academy, smiled warmly as she said, “Dearest students of Phoenix 11, I am proud to announce that the 11 of you… are allowed.”

“Yes!” A loud cheer boomed in the dorm.

Margie sighed. “I can’t believe this. We are chosen to protect a bunch of oldies. And we just like, manifested?” She shook her head as she thought silently.

Who is that dude – Lee Soo Man – anyway? Why does he need their protection?

“Please, you are my only hope.

What was that?

 She walked away from the crowd and was about to climb the stairs when Mrs. Diggory called her.

“And Margery, I was told that you are assigned to two victims.”

That stopped Margie short. She turned her heels sharply.

“Why?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOHOHOHO that's the first chap for you.

Wanna teaser?

 

{TEASER}

"Hyung, why are we running?" Ryeowook asked Eunhyuk, who was panting.

"That thing is a killer." 

...

"I assigned a few protectors for you. Including Henry and Zhoumi," Soo Man told the whole of Super Junior.

"Are we in danger, hyung?" Leeteuk inquired.

"Deathly danger."

...

"And you, Margery, are assigned to ..."

 

Comments are received well~!