Chapter 3 - The Meeting

Protectors

 

Early morning of January 14, 2012 – Gate West Airport, Waitv

Margery tapped her feet impatiently as she waited for the announcement. The eleven of them in Phoenix 11 from D’Cruzel academy had been at the airport since 3 am.

“Relax, Margie honey. We are going,” Marianna calmed her friend down.

“I am not impatient for the thing. I am pissed off as to why I am here,” she mumbled. Marianna laughed.

“Well, I heard it is a Korean boy band. The hottest one. Hehe,” Mari said, gaining a ‘WTF’ look from her friend.

“Well, I am not interested,” Margie emphasized on the latter word, “in Realm of the Norm guys. I mean, hey, they’re like... I dunno. Just don’t like them.”

Marianna shook her head. “Well, I remember seeing one with a very good-looking face and y body in one of their pictures,” she crooned and smirked in satisfaction when she saw Margie turning her head a little with that information.

“1st call for passengers heading to Seoul, Korea located in Realm of the Norm with flight number 1027RNq. Please proceed to Gate 17 in Terminal 10 located on the 3rd level of West Gate airport. Thank you.”

"OH MY GOD WE ARE GOING!!!!!" squealed the girls, making Margie shiver in response. They grabbed their luggage and ran to the lift.

"Kids nowadays," she thought to herself as she took her luggage. Marianna laughed in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my god, what happened here?” Lee Soo Man almost shouted upon entering Super Junior’s dorm.

“Sorry, hyung. Ryeowook is still not waking up and manager-hyung refuses to call the doctor,” Donghae said, glancing at Ryeowook’s still body which is still on the couch, unmoving. “His eyes are... I dunno... The pupils are turning whiter every single hour...”

“What are we going to do, hyung? His eyes... it’s scary,” Sungmin said.

“I understand what you feel. But we have other things to talk about. Everyone, come here. And where is Siwon? Have you called him here?”

“I just did a while ago. He should be on his way. Why, is it very important?” Kyuhyun asked and stood up.

“It is. But we have to wait for Siwon to come then I can continue.”

“Yes?” Siwon appeared out of the doorway, leaning in as he heard his name.

“There you are. Hurry,” Soo Man gestured him to come towards him.

All of them soon gathered in the living room. Soo Man cleared his throat.

“What happened to Ryeowook made me realized that we are in deep trouble,” he stated.

“But we didn’t do anything!” Yesung objected. Everyone nodded in agreement.

“These... ‘things’ don’t have any problems with your action. They have problems with your existence,” Soo Man clarified.

“You mean that the one that attacked Ryeowook and I are haters?” Eunhyuk asked.

“If that’s the case, who are ‘these things’?” Siwon asked, eyebrows scrunched up in a straight line.

 “I... can’t tell you much right now. But I have news for all of you.”

Everyone stared at Soo Man, who shifted uncomfortably.

“They are coming.”

“Who’s this ‘they’?” Donghae asked, scratching his head.

“Visitors, I will say.”

“Why are this people coming? What have we done?” Leeteuk looked at Soo Man, suspiciously.

Soo Man took a deep breath. “I have assigned some protectors for you, including Henry and Zhou Mi. Those two will be coming tomorrow.”

“What?” everyone asked spontaneously.

“Why do we need protectors? We are capable of protecting ourselves!” Donghae rejected.

“Are we in... danger, hyung?” Leeteuk inquired softly when Soo Man didn’t elaborate further.

It was a long moment of silence – with a few hopeful glances at Ryeowook to wake up – before Soo Man finally answered.

“Deathly danger.”

“OH MY GOD THE REALM OF THE NORM, KOREA!!!!!!” the girls screamed after they alighted from their plane. Margie and Marianna shook their heads at the childishness of their classmates.

“Girls, please. Behave yourselves!” Mrs. Diggory called out to the girls who were already running around.

“How old are they? 5?” Marianna murmured to her friend who was looking around the airport as she took her luggage from the moving belt.

“I am not surprised,” Margie answered indifferently.

“The bus is here!” Rebecca screamed and pointed outside the window to a white mini-bus, making the crowd to run out of the departure hall as fast as they could. All the Norm citizens stared after them.

Margie dragged the soles of her feet to the bus, dreading every single minute of her life.

~~~~~~~~~In Super Junior Dorm~~~~~~~~~~

“Is everything ready?!” Leeteuk shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Yes!” Everyone plastered a fake smile on their face. It was evident that each and every one of them still worrying about their eternal maknae.

“Kyuhyun-ah, can you please get rid of all those wires??” Eunhyuk groaned as he kicked them around.

“Yah, they are not wires. They are the links to my life assets,” he corrected arrogantly.

“Ryeowook...” Sungmin was about to speak when there came a knock on the door.

“We have to cover that up. Make sure nobody gets into that room,” Leeteuk said, just like how the manager and Soo Man asked him to do. Everyone nodded.

The knock came again. Shindong went to the door while the others were getting ready.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Shindong’s voice boomed the doorway.

“HI!” came the reply. As the boys see, 11 girls came into the room, dressing as glamorous as possible. With the exception of two, who were just in t-shirt and jeans.

“Annyeonghaseyo!!” The other members greeted and bowed. The girls followed.

Mrs. Diggory entered the dorm, smiling as always, together with Lee Soo Man and their manager.

“Good day, boys. I am glad to finally have met you after listening about you through Soo Man,” she stopped when she saw the blank look on their faces.

“Oh my god, I almost forgot. (in Hangul) Good day, boys. I am glad to finally have met you after listening about you through Soo Man.”

“Ahh~” they said together. Then they laughed sheepishly.

“Wait, they cannot speak English?” Cassandra asked.

“No. But you have learnt that charm, remember? The ‘lang’ whatever...” Marianna replied.

Langue entre altres chianvi,” Margie corrected fiercely. “It is a charm that enables you to speak and understand many languages.”

“Yeah, yeah.” The girls dismissed her remark. The boys looked at each other.

“Where are you guys from?” Yesung asked. Suddenly, Mrs. Diggory held out her hand.

“There’s something... or someone... on the verge of death here...” she said and looked around, gaining ‘god-you’re-weird’ faces from her students. “Do you feel it too, Margery?”

Margie nodded and closed her eyes, trying to locate the victim. Everyone stared at her.

“Mrs. Diggory, it seems that the pull is coming from this dormitory. I suggest we roam the area as fast as possible because Death is going to rip his soul very soon.”

Mrs. Diggory nodded. Margie and Mari were about to dash for the door when Soo Man interjected them both.

“WAIT! We have one casualty here, to be honest. And we need your help in healing him, if you’re able to do so.” Mrs. Diggory looked at him questioningly.

“Bring him to here. Margie will heal him.”