Nice to meet you

You and I

Bom's POV

 

           I was running late for my early singing class. Why did Hwa Yun make me stay late yesterday? Ugh. I was running down the hall and making my last turn around a corner until going up the stairs. When I did, I hit someone and we both took a step back.

          “Joesohamida,” I said bowing my head in apology. I looked at the person I hit and I didn’t recognize him. Is he new? He apologized and left. I then up went the stairs and without looking up, I ran into another person! Is today bad luck? I almost tipped back until that person grabbed my hand.

          “Careful,” he said.

          I look up. It was Taeyang.

          “Gwaenchanha? Joesohamida,” he said.

          I let out a deep breath. I was okay.

          “Gamsahamida,” I said. “Sorry, but I have to go. Annyeong.”

          I ran all the way up the stairs. I could hear Taeyang say, “Why are you always leaving me behind?” I didn’t reply back.

          I got to my lesson on time with one minute to spare. Usually, I wasn’t late until today.

          I’ve been trying really hard to get into the Seoul Institute of the Arts. I really wanted to go there. And trying out for the KPOP auditions was really nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time. It would mean everything in the world if I made it. I wish Appa was here. He would be so proud of me about how far I’ve gotten. I remember before he opened up the diner and before he was a businessman, he wanted to sing. Appa performed in bars, at church, and even in the streets just so that people could watch him and make the crowd enjoy his music. I remember sitting next to Appa and watch him and the crowd adore him. But he knew that singing without proper lessons wasn’t going to make him successful. And during the time, he was in a business major. Singing was a hobby, a passion, his life. Business was a way to help him make money and raise me up.

          “Appa, I know you are up in Heaven. Please watch over me like you have been doing all your life. I miss you,” I silently prayed.

---

           I was in the hallway until I saw that student again. Hm, something about him looked familiar. I went up to him and introduced myself.

          “Annyeongsayo. I’m Park Bom ibnida. You new here?”

          He smiled.

          “Ne. Annyeongsayo. I’m Lee Seung-hyun ibnida but people called me Seungri.”

          Why did the name Seung-hyun sound so familiar to me? I squint at him, staring really hard. He raises an eyebrow.

          “Hmm,” I said out loud. “Seung-hyun, Seung-hyun…”

          “Ne?”

          “Why does that name sound so familiar to me? Seung-hyun…Omo!”

          Now I know.

          “Is your mother Cha Hwa Yun?”

          “Ne. Wayo? How did you know?”

          “She’s my stepmother. She talked about you before,” I said.

          “Really? Wow. I live with my Appa so I don’t see my mother anymore.”

          There was a pause.                  

          “I guess we’re related, huh,” he said.

          I laugh. I guess that was true.

          “Wow,” he said again. “I guess that means that Minzy and CL go here too right?”

          “Yeah,” I said. “You haven’t seen them in a while too, huh?”

          “Yep. I gotta tell Appa this. Thanks for introducing yourself to me. I’m really glad you did,” Seungri said thankfully.

          “No problem. It’s finally nice meeting you,” I said. “Annyeongkasayo.”

          I smile. Out of everything, today I meet my stepbrother that Hwa Yun talks a little about. How weird that I would meet him here.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading. Comment/Subscribe so I know you are enjoying my story.