See You Again

You and I

 

Taeyang’s POV

We were sitting in our first hour when the bell rang. Mrs. Yan, our singing coach was taking attendance. So all of us just chatted to one another in our seats. I talked to Lee Seung-hyun (Seungri) who was also a new student and we started getting along already, which was cool. We both talked about how we felt about the school so far. The classroom door opens. 

“Yeah, man. I know what you mean,” I said as I glance at the person coming in. It was a girl; Someone I didn’t know. 

“Yeah,” Seungri said. “I’m getting used to this school though.” 

Then Mrs. Yan and the girl went past us. I look to see what they were doing. Seungri was doing the same because he stopped talking. Mrs. Yan was getting some construction paper and markers for the girl.

“Thank you,” said the girl.

The materials were in her hand.

“I guess  she needed some supplies, huh,” Kevin said.

“I guess so,” I said looking back at Seungri.

Mrs. Yan went back to her seat leaving the girl with a pile of construction paper and three packs of markers.

I asked Kevin, “What are you doing this weekend?”

“My dad has a day off of work so we might go out and hike or something. We haven’t had much of hanging out together. You?”

“I don’t know. But did you hear about Sung Min’s back-to-school party?”

Seungri nodded.

“She’s having another one,” I said disgusted. Why have two parties for going back to school? They were nice parties but it just seemed too much. Sung Min was introducing me to everyone. Everyone I’ve met so far was crazy about me or was it just because of Sung Min. Every girl gave me a flirty smile and Sung Min was mad. The guys just said ‘hey’ and Sung Min dragged me away.

“Oh. That’s stupid. She had one this summer already,” Seungri complained.

“Yeah, I know. I wonder what she’s doing this------”

The girl with materials tripped. I think she tripped on my bag because my bag shifted when she fell. Some of the papers flew on the floor; the markers were still in her hand. Some of the students in the classroom laughed. I smiled at the scene and let out a small chuckle. It was embarrassing yet funny, I admit. 

She was getting her glasses that fell. I felt sorry for her, so I got out of my seat and helped pick up her papers. When all the papers were picked, I handed her my pile.

“Komawo,” she said.

I nod at her. 

I looked up at her and suddenly, my heart started beating fast. Her eyes looked so familiar. It was those delicate brown eyes that haunted me for about a week. She looked up and smiled at me thankfully. Before I could mutter any words, she left. 

Author’s POV

“Are you alright?”

“Huh?”

“Are you alright? You look like you just saw a ghost,” Seungri said.

I did, he thought.

Taeyang excused himself to go to the restroom. Once he got to the restroom, he splashed water on his face. How could she be here too? Was it a coincidence? He thought. He closed his eyes and pictured her from the trip to Seoul Institute of the Arts. It was her. It had to be. If it wasn’t her, he’d be kidding himself. How in the world did this happen? Out of all the places, she goes to this school. He didn’t know whether to be happy or terrified. He decided happy. His lips curved into a smile. 

“I can’t wait to meet you,” he said and then headed back to class.

“Feeling better?” asked Seungri.

“Now I am,” Taeyang said relieved. 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading. I hope you are liking it!