Her Boyfriend

You and I

 

Bom's POV

I went to a nearby water fountain and refilled my water bottle. While walking back, Sung Min, along with Sandara and Ji Hye stopped in front of me. I gave Ji Hye a smile. She did the same. Sung Min stood right in front of me. I moved to the left, she did the same. I went to the right, same. Why was she blocking me? 

“Hi Bom,” Sung Min said coolly.

“Hey Sung Min,” I said coolly back. Two can play the game.

We never really got along since sixth grade. We didn’t agree with each other. But we seem to find a way to ignore each other when possible. We were silent for a second looking at each other. 

She began. 

“I want to introduce the new kid aka my boyfriend!” 

She gave out an excited smile and a giggle. 

“Where is he anyway?” She looked around. 

“Oh there he is.” She pointed at him. “That’s him.” 

I look at where her finger was pointing: to a tall figure. Cool, I thought sarcastically. A nice way to be introduced by someone’s back. Even Sung Min didn’t mention his name. Then after that, she walked away. 

“Oh wait,” she said turning around. I look at her.

“Stay away from him.”

Like I would even bother to hang around him.

Wooyoung asked why I took so long and I told him the story.

“So what’s his name?” Wooyoung asked. 

“I don’t know. She never said his name---Not that I care either. But you know what’s funny? She told me to back off. I guess everyone’s going to chase her boyfriend. Everyone wants to pull at her hair anyway,” I said. 

--------------------

School was over and I waiting to take Wooyoung home. If Wooyoung didn’t come in ten seconds, he was going to be in big trouble. I needed to head to the diner. I see Wooyoung running across the parking lot.

“Joesonghabnida. Mr. Yin needed me,” Wooyoung said out of breath. 

“Okay. Fine. Hurry up, get in.”

I don’t drive like a maniac. When Wooyoung first rode with me, he didn’t even take a breath. I still made fun of him today. 

“You know, I’m going to have to drive super fast since you were late,” I said.

“Aw man. Please don’t,” he joked. 

I arrived to the diner two minutes late. Hwa Yun was mad. 

“Where have you been? You know what time it is? You are going to stay after to clean up. Understand?” 

“Yes, ma’am,” I said with my head down. 

Then CL and Minzy came in the diner. CL was on her phone and Minzy was putting on lipstick. The mirror in one hand and the tube in the other. Hwa Yun didn’t care if they were late or anything. By the way, they don’t even work. It was her daughters by birth. Once the girls arrived, Hwa Yun took them home. 

“It’s okay,” Kang Hee said. “You got homework?” 

“You crazy? Singing does not have homework,” I told her. 

“Then you just settle yourself down and relax girl. That lady is a pain in the . Maybe one day we should tag team and beat her up. Err!” 

We both laugh. I loved Kang Hee’s imagination and her spirit. She was like another mother to me. I loved her very much and depended on her for certain things. If I didn’t have her, I don’t know where I would be today. Lucky I have her to defend me and help me out from Hwa Yun.

 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading! 
 
Subscribe.