CHAPTER SIX

Her Touch

 

It was raining hard again, Erin was staring at the note in her hands which was left by her new ‘friend’.

 

Have to go, something came up. –Kai

 

“Why does he always have to disappear so quickly?” She asked herself, sighing heavily.

 

Not far from her, Kai was just standing as stoic as ever while watching her every move and he admired her gracefulness on how she deals with things. He mentally sighed, ‘If only I can tell now but I’m afraid of losing the chance of getting to know her even more’ He thought.

 

It was time again, time for him to change to his human form. Kai felt something weird – like some kind of magic was happening to him. He waited for Erin to be busy again before walking behind her quietly.

 

“I bet you’ll look good in these,” He commented, looking at Erin’s finished works.

 

Erin was startled when she heard his voice, “Gosh! I almost got a heart attack!” She shot a glare at him while Kai just chuckled in amusement.

 

“Heart attack huh? Falling for me already?” He joked.

 

She shot another glare at him, “I meant you startled me when you suddenly came in without even knocking or whatever idiot,”

 

“I know that, I was just messing around with you,” He replied.

 

Kai continued on teasing Erin until she suddenly squeaked and wrapped her arms around him due to a sudden thunder. The two stayed in that position for quite a while until Erin awkwardly pulled away, blushing really hard.

 

“Uh sorry…” She apologized, continuing with her work and trying to avoid Kai’s gaze while he just next to her.

 

It was quiet for a moment when they heard footsteps coming from downstairs.

 

“Quick! Hide!” Erin panicked as she pushed Kai in a corner to hide.

 

“Ooff!”  Kai groaned as he was pushed in a corner and just stood there, watching her talk to another person and it was Sehun, his step brother.

 

He saw Erin glance occasionally at his hiding place and when Sehun was gone, Kai came out of hiding place.

 

“Who was that? Your boyfriend?” He asked but Erin shook her head in response.

 

“He’s the caretaker’s son,” She replied.

 

“So you don’t have a boyfriend?”

 

“Shut up and go home,”

 

“I’ll take that as a yes then,” Kai chuckled.

 

She shot a glare at him and went on working again.

 

“Hey, do you...believe in...magic?” He asked, trying to find out if she’ll freak out when he’ll finally tell her his secret.

 

Erin shrugged, “I guess…”

 

Kai took that as a yes.

 

“What if…I wasn’t human?”

 

“I’d say you’re crazy,”

 

He laughed at her answer, “But what if I was really telling you the truth?”

 

“You’re still crazy and one weird guy,” She answered him bluntly while she gave him a weird look then burst out laughing.

 

Kai’s eyes softened as he watched her laugh, eventually he joined her in laughing as well.

 

---

A/N: I'm gonna get killed for updating really late.lol -hides-