CHAPTER FOUR

Her Touch

It was raining hard that midnight when Erin woke up from her slumber due to a nightmare. She gasped and sat up after waking up from a nightmare. She clutched her chest while she was breathing fast.

 

‘Oh gosh, another nightmare’ she frowned.

 

She then had a feeling of not going back to sleep anytime soon, Erin jumped off her bed and grabbed her blanket then wrapped it around her as she walked out of her room.

 

The hallway of the second floor was dead quiet; she glanced around and her feet dragged her towards the door of the attic.

 

As she was on her way up, she suddenly heard footsteps coming from the attic. She gulped as she prepared herself for whatever she’s going to encounter up there.

 

When she got there, it was very dark; the only light emitting from the room was outside.

 

She turned the lights on and to her surprise; there was nothing or no one. Not even a body of a person was there. But then her eyes suddenly landed to the mannequin at a corner.

 

Erin walked up to the mannequin and stared at it. The mannequin looked like it was a boy. And he looked way too handsome to be one. Unknowingly, she caressed the plastic face.

 

“So beautiful…” She muttered, smiling at the handsome mannequin who just stared back at her with its lifeless eyes.

 

And then there was a sudden thunderstorm which made Erin scream and hid under a table and covered both of her ears while her eyes were shut tightly as she was trying to calm herself down when someone leaned down and poked her leg, “Hey, you okay?” the unknown person asked.

 

Erin opened one eye to look at the person who just spoke and saw an unfamiliar person in front of her. She was about to scream for help when the person covered . And for some weird reason, the person’s touch calmed her down.

 

“Please don’t scream…” the person pleaded as he sat on the floor just across from her. “I won’t do anything to you I swear.”

 

She opened both of her eyes to look at the person in front her, a somehow familiar looking face was in front her, “You look familiar…where have seen you before?” She asked him.

 

The boy just shrugged, “I don’t know, this is the first time that I’ve seen you.” He replied.

 

Erin examined the boy’s face for a moment, she was then lost at the boy’s handsome face.

 

“What? Falling for me already?” The boy smirked while Erin was staring at his face.

 

“Huh? Of course not! Who do you think you are?!” Erin denied, throwing her blanket at him.

 

The boy laughed as he gave her blanket back, “I was just kidding,”

 

She glared at him, “I don’t know even know who you are,”

 

“Oh right, no introductions yet; I’m Kai…” he trailed, ‘Crap, what do I say next?’ he thought, “I’m just..uh..here?”

 

Erin raised an eyebrow at the boy named Kai, “Just here? Weirdo,”

 

“That’s mean,” Kai said, frowning at her.

 

“You don’t even know where you’re from!” She told him, hitting him in the arm.

 

Kai scratched the back of his neck, “I can’t tell you where I’m from you see…”

 

“Ah the secretive type,” Erin nodded, crossing her arms.

 

Kai chuckled amusingly as he watched Erin.

 

Erin was about to speak when she suddenly heard footsteps coming from downstairs, “Maybe you should hide, it’s not a good thing when someone finds a boy and a girl together in an attic,” She told Kai.

 

“Erin? Are you there?” Her brother called out

 

“But, you haven’t told me your name yet.” Kai whined as Erin was pushing him to hide.

 

“Just hide will you? I’ll tell you later!” Erin hissed, pushing him again.

 

“But…”

 

“Hide!”

 

“Just tell me your name,” He asked once more, looking into her eyes.

 

Erin suddenly gulped as she saw how he looked at her, her heart suddenly began beating faster than its normal speed, “Uh...E-Erin...” She croaked.

 

Kai grinned in satisfaction after knowing her name. “Erin, you got a beautiful name.”

 

“Thank you, now hide!” She pushed him into a corner where someone won’t see him.

 

Joon opened the door and stared at his sister, “Why are you up here at this time young lady?” He asked.

 

“Had a nightmare and my feet dragged me up here…so yeah.” She explained.

 

“I thought I heard a guy’s voice while I was going up.”

 

“It was just probably your imagination.”

 

“But it was so real! I heard it!”

 

Erin sighed, “Seriously oppa, just go back to bed.” She pushed him outside.

 

Joon pouted as he was pushed, “Fine, you too.” He sighed as he went back to his room mumbling to himself.

 

When her brother was gone, Erin went back to check on Kai but much to her disappointment; he suddenly disappeared and what was left there was the mannequin that wasn’t even there when she hid Kai in there.

 

“That’s weird…” She muttered, staring at the mannequin.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And I FINALLY updated! Oh gosh, it's been a year huh? I'm so sorry guys..I had a reaaaaally bad writer's block. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter because they finally meeeeeeeeeet~ Yay.

Til then! Xoxo~