6

At The Mercy Of Cruel Fate (Winrina Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new chapter

sorry if there a mistake in my writing 

enjoy!

 

 

May 2021

 

‘Just sleep here, hmm?’

‘I can’t just ditch Ryujin’ Jimin is staring at her own face in the mirror, checking whether her eyes have swollen really badly after all the crying.

‘Why not? She’ll understand that we just met after what?’ Minjeong tilted her head. ‘A decade, right?’ she sneered. ‘I can’t believe we managed to fool them till today.’

Jimin is not impressed with what Minjeong just said right now; her knitted eyebrow is proof.

‘I told Ryujin we already catch up, so I need to go now.’ She is heading towards the door.

'Yah, we just met.’ Minjeong blocked her way. 'We're having a great conversation just now.’

‘And??’ Jimin pushed Minjeong to the side. ‘We're done talking, right?’

Now Minjeong is back, clenching her jaw, stopping Jimin once again ‘Why are you being like this again? I'm just asking you to sleep here.’

‘Why would I sleep here Minjeong?’

‘To catch up? There is more to talk about,’ she pressed.

‘no’ Jimin dismissed the idea: ‘If we talk again, another argument will happen, and I don’t have that energy anymore. I'm tired, so I want to sleep.’

‘That is why I asked you to sleep here. You don’t have to walk back to your room.’

Jimin exhaled loudly,'move Minjeong’ eyes bore into Minjeong round eye eyes that stared back with the same intensity.

They will have another fight if she doesn’t leave, so Jimin desperately wants to escape this place.

‘I don’t want to’ Minjeong stated, ‘You kept in contact with her till today; can’t you just stay here with me now?’

‘I can’t! It would be weird to ditch her and sleep with you –

‘Why would it be weird? We're just friends, right?’ Minjeong retorted sarcastically, ‘We are best friends that lost contact for a decade, and now –

‘Stop it, will you?’ Jimin cut off the shorter one words, ‘what you want me to do then? Tell them the truth?’

‘Wouldn’t that be better, though? Said you ready to be a disappointed child to your parents?' she mocked.

It is too late to take back her words now; they rolled out of her tongue without Minjeong even realising it.

‘How can you say that to me Minjeong?’ Jimin questioned her ex-lovers, her voice shaking as she said that.

The round eye woman knew what she went through, yet she still mocks her in the face right now.

Minjeong hurt Jimin with her cruel words once again. It is so malicious of her to use Jimin's past words just to win this argument.

‘Jimin’ she grabs the woman's wrist when Jimin dashes towards the door.

‘Let me go!’ She yanked her hand away, only to be grabbed by Minjeong right away.

‘Jimin, you know I didn’t mean that’ Minjeong pulled Jimin away from the door; her firm grasp on Jimin's wrist might leave a mark and hurt the fragile woman.

Both are getting physical; one is trying to grab and hold that person's in place, while Jimin is pushing and taking a step backward, trying to break free from Minjeong's grasp.

Their hand in the air, Minjeong might have gone a bit far this time... She used too much strength in her effort to cage Jimin.

Her action will definitely leave a bruise on Jimin's arms.

‘Jimin, Jimin I'm sorry’ She freed the woman's wrist but didn’t really let Jimin walk out.

Now gently trying to check the woman's arms, Minjeong feels worried, but their situation right now doesn’t allow Minjeong to do that.

‘Let me go Minjeong!’ She demanded through her gritted teeth.

Minjeong reached out her hand, trying to hold Jimin's hand, but the woman avoided her.

‘Jimin I'm really sorry, I just –

‘You always like this, you know that? It's always about you, just you.’ Jimin spatted, ‘why can’t you think about others too Minjeong?’

He round eye finally remained still, eyes on the floor… too ashamed to look at Jimin in the eye…

She remains standing there when Jimin walks past her, and then the sound of the door being opened and closed reaches her ears.

Minjeong knows what she said is wrong, and her act of forcing Jimin to stay is a bit hostile.

But all she wants is to spend more time with Jimin. They were reminiscing about their past just fine, but suddenly Jimin wants to leave.

Why is it her fault here that they got into a fight again?

Don’t Jimin want to talk with her too?

 

….

 

June 2021

 

‘Why are you even here Minjeong?’ Jimin asked when she ran into her ex-lover for the third time.

At this rate, Jimin is convinced that running into Minjeong is the way God punishes her for her sin.

‘I live here’ Minjeong scans the box that Jimin carried, and she proceeds to take it from the woman.

Jimin just let Minjeong carry the box; she could hear the round eye woman follow right behind her.

‘How’s your arms?’ She asked, she did send Jimin an ointment when they returned to Seoul after she found out where the woman lived.

‘You didn’t hurt me physically’

Minjeong felt a pang in her heart when Jimin said that. She admitted it; she still hasn’t changed. She's still hurting Jimin.

Still, maybe this time she can make up for her mistakes…

‘You gonna move into my place or what?’ Minjeong joked, as if their last encounter had ended peacefully.

Jimin tsked, ‘what a bad luck I have in my life’ she muttered, ‘thought moving into a new place would keep you away from me.’ Now she said it out loud purposefully, wanting Minjeong to hear that.

‘You seriously mean you know’ Minjeong blurted out, walking into the elevator, still carrying Jimin stuff. ‘But I guess you’re right; I am the bad luck in your life…’

Jimin didn’t say anything this time; she kept her eyes on the button on the elevator, hoping it would reach her floor unit fast.

‘Your previous house is nice, though; why move out?’ She asked, changing the subject. Feeling bad with her last words.

‘Because you knew where I lived.’

‘You avoided my text after that night in Jeju; you didn’t give me a choice other than tracking you down’

‘Don’t it occur to you that I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore?’

The elevator slides open when they arrive at the floor where Jimin apartment unit is located.

‘Jimin….’ Minjeong calls the woman softly, still carrying Jimin stuff and still following the woman.

They arrive at 803, and Jimin punches the password, but then the door swings open, revealing Ryujin.

‘Oh Minjeong?’ Ryujin shifts her eyes back-to-back between Jimin and Minjeong.

‘She lives here too’ Jimin explained, along with a sighed, how she ran into Minjeong in the lobby.

It made Minjeong realise Jimin didn’t like the idea of living in the same apartment building with her. Does Jimin hate her that much?

Don’t Jimin want to solve things after their night in Jeju?

‘I'm on floor twelve, 1203’ Minjeong takes a look at Ryujin; that woman never really liked her but didn’t treat her badly either.

‘Ahh…’ Ryujin responds passively; she proceeds to help Jimin with the other box in the living room.

Minjeong is still holding the box.

‘You guys move in together?’ She asked, trying to be friendly, while the truth is that she was desperately curious.

‘No, Ryujin is just helping me with moving.’ Jimin answered without looking at Minjeong, who was standing like a pillar at the entrance.

The round eye woman observes the situation, how Ryujin looks really close and touchy with Jimin.

They are taking stuff out of box, not really an action where skinship could happen, but Ryujin seems so smooth at it.

This reminds Minjeong of their past, since Jimin is a touchy person. She got jealous when Jimin clung onto Ryujin.

They got into a fight once because of that, but Ryujin never expressed her feelings towards Jimin.

And being a lesbian was not a common thing at all back then. Jimin assures her that Ryujin is hundred percent straight since Ryujin had a crush on a boy.

Now though, now Minjeong isn’t sure about that anymore… feeling can grow, just like how it happens between her and Jimin.

They were so scared when they figured out their feelings were not innocent back then.

'Minjeong, you can put the box down’

Jimin's voice stopped her train of thought and brought her back to reality, where she was standing at the entrance and staring at the two.

Taking off her shoes, she places the box near the couch. Taking one last look at the place.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter