Distance Can't Stop Us

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

NOTE:

Surprise!

I added a BONUS Chapter because I had a reader leave me such a nice Comment and it made my day :)  (YOU know who you are and thank you again for taking the time to read my stories and leave me a comment :)

 


 

SUMMARY:

Chan and Felix are tired of having to travel an hour to see each other, so they do a spell to make it as easy as walking through a closet to visit each other.

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stay Kids):  October 2023

Story Eighteen:

Distance Can't Stop Us

-

 

 

  Felix checked his list before he grabbed his broom.  Everything had to be perfect for tonight.  "One last thing," he said.  "If I'm going to do a medium spell I need to look the part."
  "You mean besides the already witchy garb that you're wearing?"  Chenle giggled from his place at the reading nook in Felix's used bookstore.  He frequently rented one of the rooms in the bookcase.
  I mean my witches hat."  He snapped and it poofed on his head.  "Now I'm ready.  Now, please tell all the others to stay away from the back closet.  Me and Channie are working a spell tonight that's supposed to connect his Homestead location to here.  I don't want anyone getting in and deposited in an alternate location."
  "You don't have to tell me twice."  He looked seriously spooked.  "I will be staying the night elsewhere, thank you."
  "Wait.  YOu can't leave yet.  YOu have to tell the others.  We're not doing the spell until midnight.  Come back here."

 

-

 

  Chan flinched as a pixie flew in front of him.  His nose twitched at the glitter-dust it left behind.  His Homestead had been built in a swap in the Enchanted Forest, so pixies were the least of his worries.
  There were dragons in the mountains, sirens in the oceans, rogue wizards to the south, crocodiles in the lake, and goopy monsters in the bog.  Speaking of Crocodiles:  "I'm surprised to see you back here after I broke the curse of that ticking clock sound inside of you.  You're not feeling hangry again, are you?  Craving the flesh of man?"
  The crocodile snorted water.
  "No?  That's good.  Oh, you want to stay a few nights?  Well, I don't own the lake.  You're more than welcome.  Just don't eat my dog, me or my fiance' and we'll be just fine."
  He growled and twirled in the water.
  "Alright.  I was just kidding.  I know that wasn't the real you.  Yes, I agree.  Sometimes I shouldn't make jokes."

 

-

 

  Felix sipped his champagne.  "I can't believe that Croc is back here.  Last time he nearly at my hand off."
  "I know baby, but I couldn't turn him down.  I mean he did save our lives from that hooked guy."
  "You mean Captain Hook?  Please.  I could've taken that guy with one arm tied behind my back."
  "Babe, you had both arms tied behind your back and please don't insult the croc.  I mean he is still a Croc."
  Felix glared at the croc and it looked bored.  "I'll turn you to dust."
  It snorted.
  "Since he's apparently uninterested in my threat, where's this meal that you promised me?"

 

-

 

  The swamp was normally wet because it rained so much and it was only because of magic that the solar panels didn't get fried.
  Felix started on his second helping of frog legs.  Chan had laid down a picnic blanket and lit candles.  So it wasn't just a meal, but a date.  "So it's not okay to eat crocodiles but it's okay to eat frogs?"
  Chan nearly spit out his water.  His face turned red with his struggle.  He managed not to choke as he swallowed.  "Are you trying to kill me?"
  "I was just wondering, sheesh."
  He giggled and dodged the swipe he took at him.

 

-

 

  "All of the ingredients are in place," Felix said.  He and Chan kept meeting in the middle as they distributed the ingredients, held hands, and kissed.  So even though the eating/date part had ended, it still felt like a date.  Well, they were combining their households with a portal, so it ALL was much more than that and so romantic.
  Chan kissed him this time right up against the hall closet door.  "I honestly never thought this day would come," Chan said.
  Felix said, "I'm so happy it is.  We don't have to travel for hours to see each other.  Now we just have to keep people from coming and going through eh closet on our side.  If you find confused customers in your house, I apologize."
  He snorted.  "It'll be worth it.  Maybe I should put a passcode lock or something on your end.  No one but me ever comes inside here, so that's no problem from my side."
  "I swear to all if I find a croc of a dragon... in my shop..."  He gave him a warning look.
  He grinned.  "We'll work out the kinds as we go, but that's not going to happen."

 

-

 

  "Why are you here taking over my couch instead of the bookstore?"  Jaemin eyed Chenle who had a mug of tea and a thick paperback book.
  "They're doing some kind of location skip spell or something like that.  I don't trust it, so I'm here."
  "Why aren't you at your home?"
  "This one was closer."
  "Yours is bigger."
  "I'm not seeing the point."
  He sighed.

 

-

 

  Felix kissed Chan, so he could fly back.  One person had to be at each location when they did the spell.  "See ya soon," he said.  He laughed because Chan was downright pouting.  "Just one hour.  I'll fly fast."
  "Don't fly too fast."
  "Nothing is going to happen.  It's all going to work out fine."
  "I'm holding you to that."

 

-

 

An hour and fifteen minutes later, Felix stepped through Chan's hall closet and jumped up and down.  Chan grabbed him and twirled him around.
  "See?  I told you everything would work out fine."

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

NEW CHAPTER - "OUR KID" >