Our Kid

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Chan, Felix, Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin, and Jeongin are Fae that have turned themselves into toys - to study the human race. Their kid, Jisung, holds a special place in their heart. So special that they eventually take him with them when they return home. <3

* No children are stolen in this fic ;)

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Nineteen:

Our Kid

-

 

 

  "Man, I hate normy kids," Changbin said.  His hair was sticking up on one side and his business suit was wrinkled.  "Our kid has never tried to chew on me or drooled on me."
  "Which is why we're his toys and not that normies toy," Felix said.  His tuxedo was ruffled and he was missing a shoe.
  Chan took them gently by the elbow.  "Let's get you cleaned up.  I'm sure Jisung's cousin will go home soon."
  "Not soon enough," Changbin said.
  They froze as the bedroom door opened.  Jisung ran and scooped them up.  "Sorry guys," he whispered.  "My stupid cousin is stupid.  You were all clean and perfect.  I'll fix you again.  I'll keep it a secret if you end up clean without me again.  Like last time.  It...  It's okay.  I'm not scared."  There were running footfalls outside the door.  "Stay under the bed and you should be safe."  He put them under there and made sure the covers hid them."
  They listened to him leave.
  "Best kid ever," Changbin said.

 

-

 

A Year Later...

 

  "Okay, who talked to Jisung," Chan asked them all.  It was a full moon and the light illuminated the room.
  "Not me," Jeongin said.  He was dressed like a nine-tailed fox with face tattoos and all.  "He's interesting, and tells some really great stories, but I like having my teeth, thanks."
  Chan winced.  "No one is taking your teeth.
  "If you say so."
  "Innie, I'll never let that happen.  You're mine to protect."
  "Why do you think someone talked to him," Seungmin asked.  He looked awfully grown up wearing traditional Korean Garb, with his hair styled back.
  "Because he said that one of you had talked to him."
  "Fine I did it," Minho said.  He was styled lieka Neko Cat Hybrid and Chan needed to keep a better eye on Jisung's TV habits.  The revealed collar bones and blushing cheeks were leaning toward inappropriate.
  "What do you mean you did it?"
  "Did I stutter?"  His disrespect translated to him feeling stupid for his slip-up.  It was his version of being defensive.
  "Oh, Minho," he sighed out.
  "It was an accident.  He was doing the really cool yoyo trick and I couldn't not clap.  That kid-  Our kid... doesn't get near enough acknowledgment from his parents.  I want to steal him away."
  "Me too" Chanbin yelled.
  He shushed them.  "Keep it down."
  "Oh, leave it," Minho yelled.  He already knows and he's not scared."
  Chan covered his face.  "He's not supposed to know."
  "We can take him with us," Seungmin said.
  Releasing his face he said, "Only if he keeps us until he's eighteen.  Otherwise, we have to erase his memory of us.  Completely."
  "Which means this whole thing to study humans would've been a waste," Hyunjin said.
  "Hyunjin said.
  "Hyunnie," Felix cheered.  "Where have you been?"
  "Our kid dressed me like a spy and stationed me by the front door.  Then his cousin thought that I was handsome and stole me.  I had to sneak out."
  Chan sighed.  "I told you I could've just clicked you back here."
  "No.  I got to meet her dog.  I'm going to steal it when we leave.  It was so cute.  It's about to have puppies."  He giggled, looking absolutely smitten.  "I'm going back in a few days.  I can't wait to see them."
  "Can I go, Channie Hyung?"  Felix hugged him, vibrating with excitement.

 

-

 

  "Okay, I got you all outfits that go together, but aren't the same," Jisung said.  "You deserve to look nice when you go back home."
  "That's very nice of you," Jisunngie," Minho said.  He was sitting on a bedknob.
  Jisung grinned, revealing teeth that were too big for a human mouth.  After the continued mistreatment, mostly emotional neglect, from his parents, Chan caved and started communicating with him.  Now, at seventeen he'd turned him into a shapeshifting wolf like himself.  His eighteenth birthday was ten minutes away and then they would all leave.  Some memories of Jisung would be altered.  He'd be believed to have started traveling.  When he came back, the Jisung that the parents would see would be a Changeling.  The Changeling would also go traveling and... never come back.  A postcard here, a letter there, the occasional phone call, and Jisung would cease to exist.  It wasn't like his parents cared for him anyway.
  "I like my clothes," Felix said.  "There's two flaps on the back where my wings can slip through when they come back."
  "I can't wait to step being plasticky," Jeongin said.  "Hard plastic and shiny isn't a good look for anyone."
  "That's what she said," Changbin said.
  Hyunjin laughed hysterically, which allowed the puppy he'd named Kkami to wiggle free.
  "Gotcha," Felix said, stopping her from running away.  She him and he laughed, hugging her and rubbing one ear with both tiny hands.
  "I choose to ignore you for the rest of forever," Jeongin said to Changbin.
  "Alright, everyone," Chan said.  "Five minutes.  Do you have everything you need?"
  Speak now or forever hold your peace, because Jisung is going to carry us to the back lawn."
  Felix skipped in a circle.  "And the moon will transport us to the Forest and I'll get my wings back."
  "And Jisung, Jeongin, and I will shift and go for a run," Chan said.
  "The first run, " Jisung said.  "Minho Hyung, are you going to run with us?"
  "I'm a vampire, not a world," he said.
  "You don't like to run as a vampire?" He teased.
  "I'll leave you all in my dust."
  "Prove it."
  He glared.  "You're on."

 

-

 

Ten Years Later...

 

  Jisung had grown from a tiny awkward-confident bean into a confident tiny adult.  He was only five foot four, but as strong and fast as any wolf.  "I heard they asked Chan Hyung to study humans again," he said to Minho.
  Minho was drinking blood from a coconut bowl he'd gotten on an island a few years back.  "He told them that he couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't end up with another wolf child and eventually they'd run out of humans around him.
  He looked at the grass, embarrassed.  "No, he didn't."
  "Oh, he did."  He looked around enjoying being normal-sized again.  "I'm glad too.  I'm not shrinking that small ever again... and I missed my fangs.  I'm not a whiny vamp.  I like hunting and drinking blood."
  "And I'm glad I met you, Hyung.  The vampire thing is coot too.  Sorry If I ever dressed you otherwise."
  "No.  It was always good Jisunggie."
  Firewood crashed to the ground.  "Could you two please stop flirting long enough to chop this?  Mosquitos will be out soon."
  "Yah, don't make it weird," Minho yelled.
  Jisung sighed.  He loved his crazy, loud, obnoxious family.

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

Click HERE to read the newest story - "The Little 'Smol Ghostie: Part 3" >