Autistic Magical Community... Stuff

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Chan and Woojin discover a shop that's labeled: Autistic Magical Community Stuff and find it amusing and intriguing. What's even more intriguing is the owner, Felix, the creator of all the magic items.

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Twenty-Three:

Autistic Magical Community... Stuff

-

 

 

 

  "Autistic Magical Community... Stuff," Woojin read.
  Chan smiled.  "At least there's no mistaking what kind of store it is."
  The sign had been made with magic and was a rainbow font that hovered over the humble front door.  It seemed to shift as you did.
  "Well, I'm going in with or without you."
  Woojin locked their fingers together.  "I'm going.  Of course, I am.  I'm actually glad a place like this exists for you.  I just hope it's not a disappointment."
  "I don't really have an expectation for it, so I doubt it'll be able to let me down too bad.  I'll deal."

 

-

 

  "So these are stem toys," Woojin asked.  Most floating objects that stayed floating had a purpose beyond, "Just stare at the pretty colors or at the e way the wings flutter so smoothly."
  Felix, the owner smiled and the one closest to him.  "They are.  I have big ones, small ones, mini ones.  I created my first one years ago because I didn't have the money to get real stem toys.  Plus we can't create money because of personal gain, but whatever.  I think these are better."
  After they looked around for a bit, Chan asked, "What do you think?"
  Woojin was holding a glowing cat used to prop chopsticks on.  "I don't think he's trying to sell us anything."  He smiled.  "He's kind of adorable and seems... passionate about... all of the things.  All that he's made.  He literally created everything in this shop with his bare hands."
  "Well, he probably used a wand and crystals and other magic stuff too."
  He kissed his hand.  "I meant... he just made them all.  None of it was bought from other places and put up for redistribution."
  "So I'm buying the hovering toy.  Okay.  Glad we had that talk."
  Woojin smiled as he speed-walked to the other side of the shop.

 

-

 

  Woojin should've known better than to leave Chan alone for more than a minute.  When he found someone he had something in common with he could talk forever.  He let him and Felix go on for an hour about magic application with emotional magic and creating things as an autistic stim.  Meanwhile, he ordered them all food and decided to have an impromptu picnic right there in the shop.
  "Thank you, babe," Chan said.  He smiled after he kissed him, so big his eyes disappeared.  He blushed when he realized Felix was watching.
  "I apologize," he said, looking at his burger.  "I wasn't staring.  At least not in a creepy way.  I just... forgot to look away.  Or... kind of zone out.  I do that."
  Chan laughed.  "I do that all the time.  It's really hard not to.  I don't even realize it until it's like five P.M. and the last time I remember is like... noon."
  "Yes," Felix cheered.  "I think that's a mix of autism and ADHD.  I have both.  I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached."
  "Yes."
  And they were off again... discussing what Autistic combined with ADHD traits they shared.  He just ate his food and soaked up the knowledge.

 

-

 

  It'd been nearly two years and Felix had become a regular in their life and a little something extra.
  "He hasn't called me in a week," Chan said.  "I shouldn't have kissed him."  He sighed and put his phone in his back pocket.
  They were walking to his store.
  "I don't think he's ignoring you," Woojin said.  "Remember last time you thought that and he had just been stuck on the couch all day?  Your autism makes you get stuck on the couch sometimes.  Remember?"
  "Yeah.  He could also be working on a new stim toy."
  "That too."

 

-

 

  He was working on a new stim toy or toys.
  "It's a series of sensory strips, but they're element-themed.  Like Earth, Air, Fire, Water.  I want to make a touch one that feels like the element and a scene one.  It'll smell like the element.  I even thought of an ASMR one where they'll get to hear it.  I'm not quite sure how I'll incorporate that."
  "I might be overthinking it.  I mean sand makes a sound when it's blown away in the wind or scruffed together.  So that's two sounds right there."
  Chan nodded.  "Definitely overthinking it.  Just do it like both.  Give them options.  People love options.  It makes them feel special."
  "It makes them absolutely spoiled."  He grinned.
  "You're bad.  You know exactly how to make a sale."
  "Guilty, but they help people and I'm not begging for their money.  My conscience is clean.  So.. about that kiss?"

 

-

 

  In the five years they'd all been together, Felix had opened another store location and done something unique for his brand.  He'd built a Gypsy wagon and lived and traveled part-time in it, selling his wares, as he liked to call them.  Chan and Woojin sometimes traveled with him, taking turns with who slept in the truck or the wagon.  Sometimes they'd just pitch a tent and all sleep together or just camp for days on end enjoying the magic of being in nature.
  This was one of those times.  The shelter had fallen logs secured at the top with a tarp around the back and over the top.  The front was bare with a wood-burning stove they weighted down with three hand-sized rocks.  Chan hammered the rope's stake into the ground so the chimney would stay secure.  "Is that hot chocolate ready," he asked.
  Woojin already had his.  He was wearing down clothes, a boggen, and mittens, and had his legs in the sleeping bag to keep warm.
  "It's done," Felix said.  "I just have to get it off the top of the stove.  Here."  He handed him a heat-proof mitten.  "You're right there.  Get it for yourself."
  Chan took it and whacked him with it a few times.  He just giggled and turned the opposite way to brace against it.
  "Can you children stop fighting and stoke the fire?  I can feel a chill."  Woojin sipped his hot chocolate.  He was being difficult on purpose.
  Chan shook his head and Felix rolled his eyes.
  "I'll get my hot chocolate," Chan said.
  "And I'll stoke the fire," Felix said.
  They loved him.

 

-

 

  Minho and Jisung just lived in the next town over and were the ones who ran the second store.  They'd all decided to go camping together.  So here they were, another day, another peaceful campsite.
  Hyunjin, owner of said campsite believed in living off the land, which is why there were no electric hookups or outhouses.  If they had to go they either went into the woods or brought containers.  Since they loved the Boondocking lifestyle, they stayed there frequently.
  "I was beginning to think you weren't coming," Felix said.  He had a pair of shorts on and was sunning in the hammock he'd brought.  Hyunjin had quickly become one of his favorite people and vice versa.  To an outsider, it'd appear that they were together.  To a trained eye it would appear that they were each other's autistic special interest.
  "I got here as fast as I could."  He manhandled him around until they could both fit.  The wind swayed them for a few minutes.  It was breezy and warm, birds twittered, squirrels scrabbled over tree limbs, and talking from everyone else became a murmur in the background.
  "Are you sure you'll be comfortable at the fair this month," Felix asked softly.
  Hyunjin inhaled the coconut scent of his sunblock and sighed.  "If I get overwhelmed I'll step out and take a break.  You don't have to worry about me, Lixie."
  He smiled.  "Good."
  "Thank you though."
  "Mm...  You're welcome."
  Days come and go and where there's a will to become educated, an effort to support, open communication, kindness as a choice, love for self and others, and forgiveness-better days can be looked forward to and had.

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

Click HERE to Read the Newest Story - "Magical Mishaps & Found Families"