Familiar

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Chan gets turned into a pumpkin by a greedy employee. Felix, his familiar, saved him and is now highly upset. Felix is autistic and Chan validates his feelings by being the loving guy he is. I also think I made Seugmin autistic as well.

 


 

31 Days of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Three:

Familiar

-

 

  Chan felt like he'd been hit with bricks and his stomach gurgled.  He squinted his eyes and said, "I've never been turned into a pumpkin before.  I don't like it.
  "Are you going to be sick?" Seungmin asked.
  I think my stomach might be messed up.  Wait-."  He sat up and grabbed his stomach.  "We're safe, right?"
  "So you are about to be sick."
  "Seungmin, leave him alone," Changbin said.  "Give him some room."  He reached for him and stopped, giving him the option to touch him or decline it.  Not making eye contact usually would mean someone felt nervous or annoyed or was just annoyed by you.  However, his dog's tail wagged a few times though.  He grabbed his thumb.  "You want me to help you up?"
  "No.  I got it."  He held his thumb, waddled away from Chan, and sat beside him.
  Chan smiled.  He loved his friends.  He looked around, taking in their witch/familiar traits:  Some with slit pupils (Minho), some with claws (Hyunjin).  "Hey, where's Felix?  Felix is my Familiar.  Where is he?  Is he okay?  And what happened to my traitorous employee?"
  "Felix is in the guest house," Jeongin said.  "He... was upset."
  Hyunjin nodded.
  "I'll make him some tea," Minho said, heading for the kitchen.
  "He was understandably upset," Changbin said.  "But he... might have broken... the guest house."
  "Chan whooshed out a breath, holding his stomach, as he stood up.  "I need to find him.
  "Wait.  Tea," Minho yelled.  "I'll carry it for you."  He had their wooden tray with a teapot and two mugs with tea bags in it.  He could tell because there were strings over the sides.
  "That's unnecessary-."
  "I'm doing it.  Go."  He acted like he was going to kick him.
  He smiled and shook his head.  Some people deal with nerves by acts of service.
  Case in point:  Minha has made tea and is threatening violence if he tries to stop him.

 

-

 

  Some people deal with nerves by demolition.  Felix had used his fists, feet, and magic, and probably just threw things.
  He found him gluing a vase back together.  It was white and cheap.  "Lixie, I don't care about that thing."
  His yellow feline eyes were puffy, his nose red and tears were still on his cheeks.  "I needed something to do to get my mind off the fact that you nearly died."  He put the glue on the floor and his tail went rigid.  "It was so close, Chan.  So close.  If he-."
  He hurried and sat beside him.  "I'm okay though.  I'm not entirely sure what happened, but we're all alive.  Do you want tea?  Minho left it at the door.  I had to threaten to beat him with a stick to get him to not come in to deliver it."
  Felix stared unseeing at the wall and took a deep breath.
  "You don't have to drink the tea.  He was just working through nerves too-  I mean just... at all.  Just-  Yeah."
  He scowled at him.  "Please stop rambling.  I love you, but I will-."  He swallowed and his eyes began to shine with tears.  "I will..."
  "Oh, Lix."  He pulled him into a hug.  "Let's not talk about it.  Let's just take it easy."
  He buried his face into his shirt and cried.

 

-

 

  An hour later...

  Chan had managed to get him to take a nap - not in the broken guest house.  The guys had volunteered to clean it up while he slept, which made him cry again.  Now, he just had to take care of him until he felt well enough to discuss the attack on their lives.  All this over a legend of hidden treasure in the house, which may not even be true.

 

-

 

  That night he convinced him to eat and take a shower.  As he slept he worked a little aromatherapy spell for relaxation.  The scent of lavender wafted through the room.  He sniffed the sheet and yep... it permeated that too.  Felix made a little pleased sound and his sleeping body became even more lax.
  "Goodnight Lix," he whispered and kissed his temple.

 

-

 

  Jeongin was the only familiar that could have human or animal eyes because he shifted between both.  This time he was in human form, but his eyes were fox-like.  It signaled aggression.
  The rest of the guys were present outside near the sacred circle, by the firepit.  They were grilling and setting out chairs.
  "Are we really going to just let this go," Jeongin said.  He flexed his fingers and his nails became black and sharp.  "We're just going to let him go to jail?  He tried to kill you, Hyung.  For stupid fake treasure."
  Chan came to the table and scratched the back of his head.  It might be true.  My ancestors kept the story alive."
  He scoffed.  "Probably to keep renters in the rooms.  Keep a story alive.  Make money.  It's a lot of fun.  Yay."  He sounded as dry as a sponge.
  Chan sighed and looked at a bowl of mixed fruit.  He took an apple.  "Probably.  We should talk about it though.  Just... let's wait until Lix feels better.  You know how sensitive he is.  He needs to become regulated again.  That way he can- well, just feel better and so he can process information again."
  "Yeah, we'll do that," Minho said.  He was peeling potatoes.
  Changbin was grilling meat.
  Hyunjin had laid a blanket out and was curled upon it.
  "Where's Seungmin?"
  "He's walking my dog," Hyunjin said.  "He was so excited so I let him.  I finally got that glow-in-the-dark collar and leash."
  "You know I could've just spelled one for you, right?"
  Where would the fun have been in that?"
  "Kids these days," Minho said.  He started on another potato.
  Chan shook his head and went to help him.

 

-

 

 

Felix woke up

Felix woke up feeling like the world was off balance.  He stumbled to the door and had to hold on to the walls, first to the bathroom, then to the kitchen.  He just wanted his tea.
  Jeongin found him struggling with the kettle and led him to a chair.  You sit, Hyun.  I'll do it for you."

 


 

ENDING NOTES:

 

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to click UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post a new chapter :)