3. hospital

RECENTLY

 

Part 3 - Hospital 

 

 

 

 

“My baby!! Cheers to you joining the surgery team! “ chairman Liu was in a private VIP dinning room set in a fine dining Korean restaurant along with his wife , Krystal and Amber. 

 

Amber smiled and cheers back in return 

“dad, how many times have I told you stop calling me baby in front of my girlfriend. It’s embarrassing!” Krystal chuckled seeing how her girlfriend react. 

 

“Soojung doesn’t mind right besides she’s used to it!” Soojung laughed at how cheeky her future father in law is where Amber share the same cheeky smile as her dad. 

 

“Soojung ah you and Amber better eat up. This is your favourite kimchi soup. Both of you need all the energy to continue working.” Amber’s mum was scooping the soup into Krystal and Amber’s bowl urging them to eat more because the two doctors have to be back to hospital in 1 hour time for their night shift. 

 

/////////////

 

I push up my glasses staring at the two monitor screen displaying x-ray of the current patient I’ve been consulting. I was taking down notes while sipping on my first can of milk tea.

 

Key knock on the door a few times 

“Doctor!! Doctor Liu you’re needed!! There’s a big accident on expressway again” 

“What the hell? Last week there’s a big one now there’s another one? Seriously does Koreans even drive properly?” I quickly took my white coat hanging on the hunger quickly walk out with my assistant. 

 

“Doc, there’s about 20 victims this time. There’s a drunk truck driver whom slipped the curve on the expressway hitting on the 3 lanes of cars. There’s 3 victims died on the way to our hospital remaining are still surviving on the ambulance.” 

 

We rush to the lift to head down to level one of the A&E Department and entrance. Once the lift to first level of the A&E Building all the white coat doctors was running around in panic and nurses were all rushing around the beds and setting up equipments getting ready. 

Yuri was there talking to the panic Yonna. Both of them looked up and saw me before rushing over to pull my arm towards the entrance. 

“Amber, thank god you’re on shift today. I need your help “ Yonna was pulling one of my arm while grabbing on some equipments with nurses behind her setting up machines. Yonna Unnie was trying to stay calm instructing her nurse to page in more doctors. “Nurse , where’s the remaining doctors available? Why is there only 4 doctors here. The ambulance is reaching in 7 minutes. Yonna frown looking at her watch must be thinking the hospital is so big with at least 50 doctors every minute on shift why the hell is there only 4 doctors. Yuri heard “Yonna calm down I’m gonna to try to page Jessica and Krystal over here” Yuri instructed her assistant beside her to page the two doctors. 

“Doctor Lim, I will go ahead and help out with the nurses first. “ while Yuri and Yonna was trying to source out for more doctors to the A&E department. I followed the nurses to the entrance with the beds and rolled machine trying to connect their wires to make sure all is switched on properly. 

 

2 minutes later, only Krystal came down together. “Yonna Unnie, Jessica is currently in the surgery room helping another doctor. “ Krystal saw her doctor Liu in the entrance crowded with nurses helping them to fix up the equipment and beds. 

 

“Hey, Krystal fancy seeing you here at the A&E department” tapping on her shoulder disturbing her moment of looking at her girlfriend. Kai saw Krystal came down and tried to make small talks with her. Krystal was getting annoyed “Kai, less talk let’s help the nurses to get ready”

 

 

The loud sirens of about 3 ambulances can be heard Amber and the nurses stood up readily once the ambulance door open the paramedics alighted pushing out the victims 

“Doctor, these 2 kids had cuts of windscreen pierced into their stomach and arms. “ I noted helping the nurse to shift them to our portable beds. 

Yuri and Yonna was taking turns with the remaining ambulances rolling in a few victims 

 

When it was Kai and Krystal’s turn 

“Doctors, this is the drunk driver. Please do not remove the straps on his arm. He was trying to fight with another paramedic.” Kai and Krystal rolled him in to help. 

Krystal was trying to connect the machine to his arm on one side while Kai was on the other side of the bed trying to feel his pulse and veins for injection. “Yah I’m unable to find his vein can you please cut open the strap” the nurse nodded to Doctor Kai taking a scissors to cut loose the security strap that the paramedic tied the drunk driver to the bed railing. Out of sudden the drunk driver woke up in shock. “Yah where the hell is here! “ suddenly he sober up looking at the nurse and doctor Kai snatching the scissors from the nurse hand swaying it around “yah yah yah get away” in return Krystal on the other side was being cut by the driver. The driver knew it drunk drive and his afraid that he might get caught by the police he stood up hurriedly and look at Doctor Jung that look somewhat similar to his ex wife long brown straight hair with a small face and slim body whom divorced him. He shake his head a little but the anger that his wife left him to find a richer guy was bursting his anger. He grab Soojung arm then turn to hold the scissors to her neck from behind and Soojung screamed. 

Kai was in shock but didn’t dare to move. He took a few steps backwards trying to use the nurses to shield himself. “Yah Mr Kim stay calm stay calm. I’m not coming over” cowardly moving further back.  

 

“Yah all of you stay away!! Stay away from me! “ 

He then look at Soojung “why do you want to leave me when you said you love me no matter what? “ in a despaired manner. Soojung was scared and no words could come out from and she didn’t move. other than thinking of Amber to save her from this. Tears were falling out from her eyes as the man continued questioning her “why ain’t you speaking up now. Why did you have to leave me when you promised to stay by me the whole time!” 

Another nurse tried to move a step forward “sir please calm down. That’s doctor jung, that’s not your wife. Please”

 

What the nurse did didn’t manage to calm the drunk man instead it made him even more agitated. 

“Why?! Why can’t you love me. Why do all women do this?” He agitatedly put the scissor closer to Soojung’s neck. Krystal was even more afraid seeing how nothing can calm the drunk man. 

 

Yuri and amber heard the Soojung screamed. Amber hurriedly pass over the equipment to the nurse next to her and ran to where the commotion was. 

 

Yuri stood in front of the driver “sir please stay calm” using both her hands trying to motion and relax the driver. Soojung was looking at Yuri and her girlfriend in fear. Amber was staring right at Soojung in the eyes trying to calm her girlfriend down. Amber then whispered into Yuri ears before leaving. 

 

Amber took a long route to get to the back of the driver. Yuri was trying her best to distract the driver. “Sir, you’re holding on to Doctor Jung. She’s not your wife. Please can you please calm down and let her go” 

 

“No! I don’t care! All the woman are the same! She’s the same like my wife. They’re all pretty and cute and promise they will love you forever but when you can’t earn enough money they leave you! They love money more than me! “

 

Amber waited for awhile to see if Yuri could calm the man down but apparently he couldn’t since he wasn’t in his right mind. 

Amber shake his head indicating to Yuri that she’s gonna to do something. 

 

Yuri then pointed at the 2 little kids. “Sir, look what you’ve done to the 2 little kids. What if they were your children how will you feel” Yuri was trying to distract him by making him look at the two injured kids lying on the hospital beds. Amber took the chance to pull the guy arm that was locking on soojung’s neck 

“Krys! Run!” 

Krystal quickly run away from the guy towards Yuri. 

 

The man was in shocked by the sudden pull 

He wave his scissors and slash on Amber’s arms who was trying to block the attack to her body. Soojung  screamed wanting to rush forward to help Amber. Yuri held onto her not letting her go near knowing that amber knows how to protect herself. 

 

“Amber!! Here! “ Yonna threw a rope over to amber before amber decided it’s time to knock out the drunk patient. Amber managed to flip the guy and use the rope yonna throw to her to resist the guy and yonna came forward with a few nurses trying to hold onto the guy. Yuri and soojung quickly rush to the injured Amber. Amber’s whole white coat was stained with her own blood that was still bleeding from her both arms gently pushing her back towards one of the bed in the A&E section. 

 

 

“Am, you’re bleeding “ Krystal sees her sweating. Yuri took the scissors to cut open amber’s white coat and there’s large and small cuts on her forearm. 

“I’m fine” Amber trying to assure her girlfriend.

 

“No! You’re not! You’re bleeding so much and you’re sweating “ Krystal was holding onto amber’s hand while Yuri was attending to Amber’s wounds. Amber was trying to smile even through it hurts when Yuri was trying to disinfect her wounds. Oh god it hurts like a I didn’t expect that it would hurt more than doing tattoo. 

 

Yoona came over trying to help. Amber looked at her two seniors stressing over her slash wounds. 

 

“Guys it’s not that serious please. Yuri unnie can just wrap it up after you disinfect them. Besides he didn’t poke the scissors in. It’s just cuts only. Please doctor yoona you can go back to helping the other patients “ Yuri nodded back at Yoona to ask her to head back to tender to her patients.

 

Krystal still didn’t let go of her hand while Yuri is doing the last part of wrapping her wounded area. Krystal looked worried seeing how red cuts were over amber’s tattoo arms she started tearing. Yuri managed to clean up the wounds and start wrapping the wounds with bandages. Krystal didn’t said a single word but just look down at amber’s arms. Amber gripped her hand giving a soft tug. “ krys, I’m fine really. I’m glad you’re alright.” 

 

“You idiot, please don’t ever do this 

 

 

 

“Good morning chairman” 

Nurses was greeting the chairman Liu which quickly rush down from his office to the A&E section to find her daughter sitting on one of the A&E bed with doctor Krystal and Yuri attending to her arms. They all stopped moving and stood upright greeting the chairman. 

“Yuri, please continue with what you’re doing. Am, how did you get heard. I heard about the commotion in A&E. Are you okay? “ chairman totally forgot that he’s in the hospital and was wearing the dad’s hat. 

 

Amber cleared . 

“Chairman Liu , it’s nothing. Just had a slight commotion with a drunk patient. The patient is on hold with rope tied up.” Amber was saying in a very polite way trying to get her dad not be go all dad mode in the hospital. There’s more doctors and nurses crowding around after seeing how the chairman Liu came rushing down. Amber frowned seeing how many people crowding them. 

‘Aish! Dad is making a scene.’ 

 

The chairman’s assistant realised Amber was trying to hint about the behaviour that the chairman is giving. He quickly said “chairman, let’s head back now. No doctors are in danger.” However chairman Liu was getting angry. How the hell did their safety precaution went. He knew about Krystal was being held on her neck with a scissor. 

 

“Doctor Jung are you alright? They told me you’re being held captive by the patient. Who the hell cut the security tag tied to the patient! “ 

chairman Liu was furious. 

Krystal , his future daughter in law was held captive if her daughter wasn’t there to save her. What would have happened. How was he able to answer to his future in laws. 

 

He stare at his assistant “ I want to know who in the hell cut the security tag. Didn’t all the staffs gone through the protocol lesson about dangerous patients! Give me a full detailed report later after my meeting ends. I want to know who is liability for this stupid act that placed two important doctors in such dangerous situation.” Said sternly at his three assistants.

 

 

Chairman Liu then turn back to look at the Amber Krystal and Yuri. “Yuri please help me take care of doc Liu’s wound. And Doc Liu you’re to take 3 days off from work along side with doctor Jung no negotiations. “ before walking back with his three assistants. 

 

Amber rolled her eyes once her dad left with his three assistants thinking why in the hell did she and Krystal have to agree to the 3 days leave. 

 

Truthfully Amber did had a scare. After seeing Soojung being held captive by the drunk man just now.