๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐Ÿ’: ๐‡๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐Ž๐… ๐Œ๐„๐‘๐‚๐˜

tururut
Please log in to read the full chapter

ย 

I shifted my mindset, seeking an alternative approach to decipher the letter's contents. Rather than anticipating hell, I chose to imagine heaven.

Yesterday proved exhausting for me as I investigated that Sofitel. So this new day, donning a blue polo and beige pants, I headed to my car and started anew.

While driving, I heard a radio advertisement about an amusement park. Its ads have been going around the town for quite a while now. Not really interested, I decided to change channels. Later on, however, the parkโ€™s ad came again and it was getting repetitive and annoying to the ears. I turned my car radio off.

If not on the radio then on a billboard. Their billboard was so big that even with one eye you can certainly catch it. The billboard showed the words "๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™š๐™ญ๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ โ€“ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™ข๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ! ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™œ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ! ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™Œ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ!"

Everything paused. I just saw an unexpected sight that sent shivers down my spine - not because Iโ€™m persuaded of the excitement and enchantment that that amusement park brings but those words that came with it.

I abruptly halted as I applied the brakes too forcefully, almost inviting the vehicle behind to crash into me. There were loud honking and angry gestures from the frustrated driver โ€“ I remained oblivious. I started to drive again as I retrieved the letter from my briefcase.

There! "... ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ดโ€ฆ" Only then it registered to me that the letter may have referred to a happy place rather than a chamber of torment. Rollercoasters shake your life with thrill. Shrieks all over the place are naturally a part of a genuine amusement park experience.

I quickly searched the directions to the place. Upon arrival, I sensed something strange, a feeling of familiarity, though I couldn't quite grasp it.

โ€˜๐˜๐˜ตโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ตโ€ฆโ€™ I didn't dwell on it any longer and went inside. As is typical in amusement parks, I received a map.

Reading the next lines, "๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ ๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™€๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™จ, ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™œ๐™ช๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™๐™จ ๐™—๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ช๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™จ," I pondered its meaning. I looked around and noticed the towering Ferris wheel reaching the sky. Thinking that might be what the message referred to, I decided to give it a try.

Feeling anxious on my first amusement park ride - unsure of what to expect - I distracted myself with the gondolaโ€™s design; clouds, grass, butterflies, and angel stickers adorning its glass window. I was trembling a bit. I read the letter, wondering how one could bring the world to a standstill.

As if on cue, the Ferris wheel halted - sparking more of my nervousness.

โ€œ๐—œ-๐—ถ๐˜โ€™๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด!โ€ My voice broke and I fretted until I noticed a lower gondola, a couple calmly smiling as if it were routine.ย 

I voiced in the recesses of my mind, "๐——๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜? ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—™๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ!"

Filled with bewilderment, I turned to another side, finding a similar scene.

'๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ.โ€™

Please log in to read the full chapter