Fear - 4

Fear(less)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Fear(less) [/CONTENTID1] 

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 4 [/CONTENTID2] 

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3] 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

Five weeks later 

 

"Two more times."  
Seungcheol took a deep breath, stretched his upper body, and pushed away the light weight hanging from the machine he was sitting on.  
"Good. And for the last time, then you have it for today." the woman beside him said with a motivating smile. 
Seungcheol stifled a painful gasp as he repeated the movement. 
"Your shoulder is healing well, and you are making progress." the physiotherapist said, tossing the towel he had brought. 
"It still hurts. Dancing like this is impossible right now." Seungcheol mumbled, and was worried if he would be able to perform the way he did before. 
"Instead of thinking about dancing, you should put your health first. What good will it do if you go all out again only to suffer permanent damage? And that goes for all of you." he heard her angry voice. 
He grinned. "Occupational disease." 
"The session is canceled tomorrow at noon, and I have a private appointment. But I still expect you to try the exercises on your own. The important thing now is to keep working on your shoulder. Otherwise, you might need help to move well in the long run and even have to give up your job as an artist." 
Seungcheol stared at the ground. "I know." he whispered. 
"But as long as I'm here, we can work it out." the doctor suddenly laughed, and Seungcheol had to smile after a moment. She had a motivating manner that he only knew from Dokyeom. He liked her. She had just the right mix of understanding for his situation and pain and the incentive to make an effort... or some days just to kick his not to whine so much.. She didn't talk much, though, which was a blessing. Seungcheol sighed. "Then I'll see you the day after tomorrow."  
The physiotherapist nodded. 

 

 

"Sometimes I worry about your mental state."  Jisoo looked at Mingyu and shook his head. Seungcheol was sitting next to him and burst out into laughter. 
"Why?" asked Mingyu with an excited smile. 
"What do you think you are doing?" Seungcheol chuckled."You are one of our brains in the group, yet your actions sometimes are entirely... questionable." 
Mingyu sat on the floor with a piece of bread. He carefully tore it into tiny pieces and threw them in front of him for five minutes. 
"Hyung, this is convinient. The pigeons eat this stuff so fast! We'll just put one or two in our kitchen in the dormitory, and it'll be sparkling clean in there! I am tired of tidying after 12 people." 
Seungcheol just sighed. His mind wandered as he watched his dongsaeng. 
The day after the accident, Seungcheol had surgery on his broken shoulder.As a result of the impact of the accident on his body and the forces he was subjected to as the car rolled over several times, he suffered a fracture of the head of the humerus and a fracture of the elbow joint. 
In other words, his shoulder was useless for the time being, but it gradually healed through rehab sessions with the trainers. And it hurt like hell. After Mingyu regained consciousness, everyone was relieved. He had a severe concussion, and fortunately, the doctors had been able to fix his dislocated hip and treat the torn muscle capsule in his right knee. Jisoo had an open fracture in his lower leg, and two vertebrae in his neck had been dislocated. However, he made outstanding progress in his rehabilitation. Jeonghan did not admit it but blamed himself for Jisoo's neck injury. He had pulled him out of the wreck after the accident and now thought that he had hurt him more than the accident itself. The doctors had explained to him that Jisoo would have been much more injured in the accident position because of the weight on his head the torn rear door had put. But he did not seem to believe it. He had suffered two broken ribs and a severe concussion after the dashboard crashed onto him. Seungkwan had been recovering, but everyone, and especially he, knew that he would probably never be able to dance again the way he had done until then. A compound comminuted fracture in his left ankle and a ruptured tendon in his knee were causing him pain. Nevertheless, the doctors were amazed at how well Seungkwan's injuries healed. Jeonghan had not been scheduled for rehab because his injuries were healing well, but someone else had insisted that Jeonghan came along to rest. 
Minghao knew that he owed his life to Jeonghan and Seungcheol, and the fact that Jeonghan had been badly injured during his rescue was hard for him to accept. That was why he had insisted that Jeonghan could rest and join them—a few weeks of healing mentally and physically. Minghao´s condition improved daily, he had been admitted to another rehab center but would join them soon. Seungkwan and Jeonghan had refused to leave his side, nevertheless. Jeonghan had promised Minghao to come to the rehab center with him because of a special treatment. Still, all knew that Jeonghan and Seungkwan stayed with Minghao because they wanted to be with him until he recovered and not give him the feeling of being left out. The other members occupied the hospital daily to the extent that the doctors were close to sedate all of them because of their worries for the other members. Minghao was the only one not to suffer a fracture, but the dashboard had shattered into a thousand pieces. And one of those pieces had pierced through Minghao´s body. Fortunately, Jeonghan and Seungcheol had been careful not to move it too much or even to remove it and so had not caused any further damage. Still, the doctors had to put Minghao in an induced coma for three days to give his body the rest it needed for the initial healing of the organs. When he woke up, Seungcheol stubbornly refused to leave the room, and in the end, the doctors gave in and just put his bed in Minghao´s room.  
And then, there was the most problematic patient, Wonwoo. 
Wonwoo's injuries were limited to a fractured left knee and several deep cuts on his legs and neck along the collar bone. Jisoo had learned in the hospital after the accident that Seungkwan had, according to the paramedics at sight, saved Wonwoo's life with his quick thinking as he had kept Wonwoo from drowning on his own blood by pressing the blood back into his friend with sheer force and his bare hands. After Wonwoo was pulled out of the car, the paramedics in the ambulance realized that Wonwoo's clothes and the water he had been in had obscured the depth of the cuts and that he was losing a lot of blood on the way to the hospital. They were able to give him blood transfusions in time, but his body only recovered after a few days. His knee healed even faster than Minghao's injuries, and everyone was relieved that he was no longer in pain.  
But he was an absolute mess. 
The accident had left him with mental scars, the likes of which Seungcheol had never seen before.  
It was not something physical or a struggle about the accident like a trauma. Wonwoo was like a different person, his personality had changed from the cautious, yet loving person to a cold and distant friend. He was moody and aggressive at times. 
The most disturbing thing was that he avoided Mingyu all the time. At night, he had nightmares and sometimes woke up screaming. But as the members tried to comfort him, they seemed to trigger it even more. There had been several situations when he had woken up, only to break down again when he noticed one of the members was with him. 
He checked the time. 
"Where is Wonwoo? I haven't seen him all day." 
Jisoo finally turned his attention to Seungcheol. "Probably in a session or walking around the damn lake. That boy worries me a lot." Seungcheol muttered. 
" What the hell..." Seungcheol turned to Jisoo as he heard his friend's voice. 
"What's going on?" 
"What is Mingyu doing? Is he feeding the pigeons?" Jisoo grinned. 
"I guess." Seungcheol replied with a slight smile.

When his mobile vibrated, Jisoo was just about to say something about Mingyu's great idea of attracting animals but checked his messages. 
"What did Seungkwan say? " Seungcheol looked at Jisoo's mobile just to see a message from Seungkwan. 
"Minghao is doing better and will be transferred soon to our facility. The doctors say it's only a matter of time before he recovers enough to be discharged and transferred to this rehabilitation center." 
Mingyu joined the conversation when Seungcheol´s features relaxed."That's a relief. But Jeonghan and Seungkwan will still be with him until then? Do you think they will join us sooner?" 
Jisoo laughed."What do you think? Seungkwan is so protective of Minghao that he interrogates every nurse in his room. Jeonghan is so worried about his well-being that he changes his pillow daily." 
 "Wonwoo and I have a session soon. I'll go get him." Mingyu said, getting up.
"Just leave him alone. He's in a bad mood." 
"He's always in a bad mood since the accident." Mingyu lowered his head. "Why is he acting like that?" 
Seungcheol looked at him for a long time. "Mingyu-ah, we don't know either. We have had this conversation many times. Something must have happened in the car to make him so upset." 
Jisoo stared at the floor as Seungcheol words faded. He finally turned away and was grateful to hear Seungcheol continuing the conversation with Mingyu. 
The problem was... that no one knew. 
The conversation with the doctors at the hospital after Wonwoo had first shown signs of this behavior hadn't revealed anything except that something must have happened in the car that was so traumatizing for Wonwoo that he couldn't even look at Mingyu anymore. Jisoo could barely remember the accident, just a bang and Jeonghan's voice speaking to him softly. He couldn't remember his words but felt he had been there. Later, he found out that Jeonghan had been the one to pull him out, and the idiot was blaming himself for his dislocated neck vertebrae, which had almost healed. 
But Wonwoo... Jisoo had no idea what had happened, the other members had no idea, and the doctors didn't know where his trauma had come from because Mingyu had been pulled out of the wreckage with serious injuries but not in an organisationally critical situation. Something must have happened while he and the other members were trapped in the vehicle, but none had noticed anything. Nevertheless, Wonwoo became tense whenever Mingyu entered the room or got too close. He would always find an excuse to leave or turn around and walk away. For Mingyu, this behavior was very painful, as it had taken him a long time to open up and become more extroverted, only to find that one of his best friends was blatantly rejecting him. Jisoo sensed a change in Mingyu´s behavior towards Wonwoo as well, which annoyed him. 
What bothered Jisoo the most was that Wonwoo had not discussed the accident. Everyone knew that the accident had caused trauma, and both the doctors and Seungcheol had tried to convince him to see a special

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter