Fear - 2

Fear(less)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[[CONTENTID1] Fear(less) [/CONTENTID1] 

 

[CONTENTID2] Chapter 2 [/CONTENTID2] 

 

[CONTENTID3] [/CONTENTID3] 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

The members were back in the practice room to train before leaving for an evening photoshoot. Jeonghan had another schedule, but it was about time he joined them. 
-I should talk to the members, maybe go for a meal together after this evening’s photoshoot.- Seungcheol thought. They all tried their best, and they were in sync as always. Even Wonwoo could force his ankle to keep up, and it seemed they all were energetic, cheerful, and in top condition. But Seungcheol knew that half of them were at their limit ten minutes after they had started the practice. Jisoo had been watching Minghao for a while now. Seungcheol knew him well, and his stare was worried, not aggressive. Due to his distraction, he messed up sometimes, but Seungcheol had no time for a scolding because he had to watch Mingyu having difficulty controlling his breath. Later he would get some medicine for Mingyu and Wonwoo. He had chosen to practice with a mirror today to watch the members and ensure no one would drop dead. 
He smirked bitterly, a funny thought, but another glance at Minghao told him it was possible. Seungcheol had noticed that his clothes didn't fit like they did at the beginning of the promotion. Everything was a little looser, and Minghao hid it well, but Seungcheol knew he had lost weight. Since the fight with Jisoo, he was mentally exhausted as well. Seungcheol relaxed slightly when he saw Vernon and Dino stood closer to Minghao than necessary. They restricted their movements to keep the range of motion but close enough to catch the stubborn idiot if he tripped. Seungkwan, Hoshi , and Wonwoo did the same with Mingyu. Woozi and Dokyeom stood diagonally to Jisoo, who almost hyperventilated thirty seconds into the choreo. 
Seungcheol couldn't help but be worried and proud at the same time. As much as they argued and the atmosphere was explosive, the members stood unconsciously in a formation to help each other. They probably didn't even realize it, but after all these years, they were so empathically connected that every argument, every anger, and annoyance lost to the bond they had forged during the trainee days and woven with every comeback. 
Seungcheol breathed a sigh of relief when two complicated travels went smoothly, and Minghao did not trip. Mingyu seemed to stagger but could balance himself again and even kept up. Woozi was staring at Seungcheol and slowly shook his head while taking the center part of the dance to signal him that they had to stop the practice for the sake of the members. Four more beats and another position change were about to happen when Mingyu finally lost his balance for good and was a little late in his turn. He crashed into Seungkwan, who slid before him to take the lead part of the choreo, and Mingyu shifted to the last row. Seungkwan stumbled back and bumped into Woozi but reached forward to keep Mingyu from falling. He didn't make it, but at the same time, Wonwoo had the second left that Seungkwan had not and grabbed Mingyu to catch him before he hit the floor. Hoshi was by his side instantly and carefully laid Mingyu down with Wonwoo´s help. Still startled, Seungcheol saw Dino in the corner of his eyes, jumping towards Minghao from behind and Woozi shouting something he didn't understand. Seungcheol's heart skipped a beat as he saw Minghao stop in his movement, interrupted by Mingyu's fall, and tried to keep himself on his feet but fell to his knees and slumped forward. Dino barely made it to catch the olders body. When he checked on him his face showed panic as Minghao seemed to be completely unresponsive. Seungyeol shifted his attention to the other side of the room, and Wonwoo was with Dokyeom next to Mingyu. The latter was close to fainting and gasping for breath. And suddenly, Seungcheol was utterly overwhelmed and, for the first time, did not know what to do. Wonwoo came running up and spoke to him, but Seungcheol only saw Hoshi from the back run to Minghao. Jisoo suddenly appeared before him, and Hoshi ran right into him. Both fell into a mangled mess of limbs, but Seungkwan managed it to prevent Jisoo´s head from hitting the floor by turning his own body in their fall. Both yelled in pain when they hit the floor. Hoshi immediately checked on Jisoo and Seungkwan a moment later and chaos broke out in the training room. 

 

 

While transitioning into the next dance move, Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu was a little late and immediately crashed into Seungkwan, who was in the middle of the position change. Seungkwan staggered backward, lost his balance, and stumbled into Woozi. Wonwoo saw Mingyu falling, grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him jerkingly towards him. Hoshi came to the rescue and supported Mingyu´s waist as they carefully laid him on the floor. 
"Check on Minghao." Wonwoo instructed Hoshi calmly but winced in surprise as Dokyeom squeezed past him and almost fell to his knees beside Mingyu. 
Wonwoo was about to snap at Mingyu for training with his fever when he noticed that Mingyu could barely keep his eyes open. Mingyu was hyperventilating, and his eyes were blurry and unfocused. Mingyu tried to speak, but nothing came out despite violent coughing, which caused him to fight for air again.  
Wonwoo looked around. 
Hoshi seemed to trip over Jisoo, and they crashed into each other. Seungkwan had been almost too late prevent the older´s head from hitting the floor hard.  On the other hand, Minghao lay unconscious on the floor, and Dino stabilized his body, surrounded by Seungcheol and Vernon. Wonwoo could immediately see that his leader's composure could falter any moment. Panicked, he let his gaze wander around the room and saw Seungcheol shaking from there. 
Seungkwan said something to Seungcheol, but their leader did not react. 
Wonwoo hurried to Minghao, took a deep breath, and stared at Dino. "We need some water." 
Dino looked at him. "But Minghao..." 
"I'll take care of him." Wonwoo heard Vernon's voice. He had tears in his eyes and tried to hold Minghao as carefully as possible while Dino pulled his arm away. Minghao's head rolled strengthless into his neck, and Vernon quickly reached to stabilize him. Dino jumped up, ran towards the door, and almost flew around the door frame as he left the room. 
"Did someone call an ambulance?!" Wonwoo yelled again. 
"Yes, they are on their way." shouted Woozi and helped Seungkwan to his feet. 
"..." Wonwoo turned around when he heard Hoshi's tear-choked voice. Hoshi sat next to Jisoo and looked distraught. Seungkwan tried to turn Jisoo on his back. 
"What happened?" Wonwoo knelt beside Jisoo but noticed that Jisoo was barely responsive and bleeding from a cut on his lower lip. Jisoo tried to get up and mumbled something, but Wonwoo gently pushed him back to the ground. 
"Just stay there. Hoshi and Seungkwan are with you, okay? Don´t move." Wonwoo noticed that Hoshi sat beside Jisoo and started caressing his back. Jisoo seemed to relax when Woozi joined him and carefully patted his head."We are with you, okay? Just wait for a doctor." he whispered. Jisoo nodded weakly. 
"I ran into him when I was trying to help Minghao. I didn't mean to hurt him. I couldn't avoid him and fell directly onto him." Hoshi's voice trembled. 
"The ambulance is on its way, okay?" Wonwoo tried to calm him down. 
"What about Minghao?" Woozi whimpered, but Wonwoo was already up and running to his leader. Seungcheol looked so lost it was almost painful to see. 
"Hyung?" Wonwoo asked, but Seungcheol did not respond. 
Wonwoo grabbed him by the shoulders. "Look at me." 
Seungcheol finally turned his head in his direction, and Wonwoo saw his desperate eyes. 
"What should I do? Is it my fault?" he muttered, but Wonwoo knew his leader better than he did. 
"Hyung, Minghao collapsed because he probably didn't drink enough water. Mingyu tripped nothing else. It has nothing to do with his fever, okay? And Jisoo just laid down as a precaution because he was tired. It was a choreo mistake from Seungkwan. Relax. Everything's okay.  What should we do?" Wonwoo said, looking at his leader with determination. 
"I don't know exactly..." stammered Seungcheol. 
"We need some organisation, and you know we at these things." Wonwoo tried a different approach, and it seemed to work. 
Seungcheol took a deep breath. "Did you call a doctor? The manager?" 
Wonwoo breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes, we did." 
"Get some water for the guys. Open the windows for fresh air... YA! Woozi, go outside and direct the ambulance! Make sure the ing front door is not blocked by cars so they can pass!" his leader finally shouted. 
"Okay!" confirmed Woozi and disappeared through the door. 
"Where is Dino?" 
"He is getting water." said Wonwoo. 
"Is Jeonghan here already?" 
"Not yet." Wonwoo shook his head. 
"Make sure Seungkwan keeps calm, okay? He looks like he is close to a panic attack." Seungcheol instructed him, and Wonwoo could see that he had recovered from his fragile moment. 
Wonwoo nodded and turned to join the others when he felt a hand on his arm. 
Seungcheol looked at him. "Thank you." 
Wonwoo smiled."Anytime." 

 

 

 

The only thing that kept Minghao on his feet was Jisoo's fierce eyes staring at him with every dance move he made. 
After Jisoo had told him what he thought of him, Minghao almost felt compelled to prove that he was putting all his energy into performing with the group instead of having his solo activities. 
He was dizzy, and his vision became increasingly blurred. His body knew the dance steps by heart, but he had to concentrate on executing them precisely and powerfully. And Jisoo's eagle eyes watched him closely with an accusing expression. Minghao could see in Jisoo´s stare that his performance was not good.  Minghao missed almost a step but covered it well. He was getting more and more nervous. Jisoo's direct stare made him aware he was going beyond his usual limit. He lost the rhythm of his breathing and found it increasingly difficult to control it.  
Suddenly, Mingyu seemed to collide with Seungkwan to his left, and Minghao was about to sit down for a moment to regain his strength when he saw Jisoo's eyes on him again. He straightened up, trying not to let his exhaustion show, but suddenly his vision flipped to the right, and he tried to regain his balance, but a sharp pain hit his knees, and the ground came down to meet him. The last thing he saw was a shadow ju... 

 

 

Jisoo had to pull himself together not to stop the training, grab Minghao, and bring him to a doctor. 
Minghao could barely stay on his feet, and Jisoo feared he would fall, watching his every move. And Jisoo knew it was his fault. With his petulant remark, which he had not meant seriously, he had triggered Minghao's desire to prove it to him and forced himself to have a strong perm. However, he was obviously at the limit of his strength, which was now becoming dangerously noticeable to his health.  He noticed Dino and Vernon stepping closer to Minghao. They also seemed to see it. Jisoo noticed during a quiet phase of the choreo how irregular Minghao´s breathing was and that he had trouble keeping his balance. Mingyu next to him seemed to be functioning mechanically. The dance steps, facial expression, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter