I guess I couldn't live without things that made my life what it is.

AfterLove

 

 

 

“When I was told we were writing our own vows, I was automatically traumatized. I had no clue how I would start off, what I would say – I was stumped because if its not music, writing has never been my best. Howon then told me that I shouldn’t write what my head tells me, but what my heart does. He said it doesn’t matter if what you write doesn’t make sense to anybody else, because she is the only one who can truly read your heart.” You clasped my hand tightly against yours and smiled before continuing, my eyes briefly glanced to Howon who stood to the side then back to you. “Chaeeun, there has never been anybody in my life that means as much as you do. In that airport when I told you I wanted to spend my life with you I meant it. You’re my everything and no words I can say to you will ever express that enough.”

 

 

What is a friend? God if I knew, Woohyun didn’t have a clue either – Clearly. “Some friend she is huh?” I my heel to make my way to the door as Woohyun’s words yanked me back “What is that supposed to mean?” His voice was quiet and laced with suspicion. Was it only now the pieces were actually fitting together for him? I sighed loudly and turned back to face him “I already know Woohyun. I know everything about this.” I ce more to make my way out of the door when quickly I felt his grasp around my arm – It startled me how fast he was. “Chaeeun, please. Lets talk about this.” I tried my best to hold my tears for the fact I had already cried enough for him, Howon glanced down at me with an expectant gaze, ‘Go ahead, make the next move’ I could read it so easily.

 

I know what I should’ve said – I knew I should’ve told Woohyun off and smacked Soojin across the face but I couldn’t, I turned around to face him. I could feel Howon leave the room; I didn’t have to see him do it. “What do you want from me?” I asked distractedly, there was a side of me so strong and willing that wanted to go chase after Howon and leave Woohyun behind forever, but the side that wanted Woohyun seemed far more dominant over the small fantasy that I held so close. “Lets talk about this in private…” He intertwined his hand into mine and pulled me slightly closer to his firm figure. I could see Soojin at the corner of my eye, crying. She was crying real tears, silent but real. It was then she made her leave, pushing past us with her real tears as she rushed out of the room as quick as she could. Woohyun’s face pulled strangely in a way that I couldn’t read as he watched her walk away. My legs felt numb, and the emotion had poured itself from my body I couldn’t say I was entirely surprised as Woohyun’s hands slowly pulled out of my own.

I glared up at him and shook my head slightly “Don’t do it.” Said a strange quiet voice, he smiled faintly and tried to hide the fact he was almost in tears himself, cupping my face between his cold hands he kissed my forehead softly. “Please, don’t do it.” Suddenly I realized that strange voice pleading ever-so-faintly was my own. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. And like that, he was gone.

 

I could feel my knees caving in beneath me as Dongwoo grabbed hold of my arms and pulled me into his grasp “its okay Chaeeun.” I could feel the vibrations of his words across my cheek that rested against his hard chest. ‘But, it’s not okay!’ I wanted to argue pettily, but deep down I knew what I was expecting. He chased after the other girl.

 

“She can have the house, she can keep her car, she can have as much money as she needs. Whatever she asks for, just give it to her.” Woohyun said wearily, I could feel his eyes upon though I only continued to look out the window, at something else so much more appealing then the life that was crumbling from beneath my own two feet. My mothers hand tightly squeezed my own in an attempt to get me to pay attention. “Whatever.” I mumbled solemnly, keeping my eyes focused on the portrait that existed outside the thin pane of glass. “She’ll take 40% of your earnings yearly.” My lawyer said firmly as he scanned through his papers, “40%? My client doesn’t even have a child with this woman.” Woohyun’s own lawyer snapped viciously. He was near balding and slightly chubby, I was almost positive that he was provided by Woohyun’s entertainment company from his attempted negotiations. “Though they did, and 40% seems a lot more reasonable than a charge for infidelity and a ruined career.” Kyung-Min referred me to a lawyer that was ‘one of the best’ though I knew it wouldn’t matter much, Woohyun wanted to do whatever he could to cover himself.

 

“That’s fine.” He muttered, and like that it was over. My signature adorned the sheets of paper, informing whoever that our marriage was over. He stood to his feet and said something to me, I don’t know what he said but I’m sure he said something because he stared at me as his mouth moved. I’m almost sure he said ‘I love you.’ But I try my best to pretend he didn’t for both our own sakes and because it didn’t make much sense. “Wow, I didn’t think it would have been that easy!” My mothers chirp lulled me out of my daze as she watched me with a pleasant smile. “Yeah, me either.” I replied quietly. I looked out the window once more and the line that a small jetliner was making across the bright blue sky was faded into discarded fragments of nothingness.

 

Months passed quietly, and after the day in the hospital I hadn’t heard from Howon again. Soon, everyone stopped bringing him up in conversation and forgot about those months we got close. I think that was the hardest part, because I really did love him and I couldn’t forget. It didn’t matter to me anymore about Woohyun; it was only about Howon though it took me too long to realize it. Haerin asked me once how many seasons it took for me to fall in love with Howon, I smiled for the first time in a while and told her I fell in love with him as quick as a plane made a line across the sky, she didn’t understand – though I did and I think that’s all that matters. Some days I still can’t help but imagine the ways he held me and I still find myself dialing his number without pressing call.

 

Do we ever recover After Love?

 

 

He smiled and said “No.”

 

 

 

 

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS READ ♥ TOO LAZY TO COPY/PAST EVERYONE'S NAME HERE.. BUT YES, THANK YOU

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER :( &I DID START THE SEQUEL ; I'LL POST IT SOON :)