"If I've done anything I'm sorry for, I'm willing to be forgiven" - Edward N. Westcott

AfterLove

SORRY, RE-UPLOADED THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT AND DELETED IT BY ACCIDENT WHEN I WAS GOING TO EDIT IT 

 

I never thought for an instant that I would be in this situation, three months ago when Howon arrived on my doorstep there was no way that I was expecting this. He kissed me with passion, a feeling I had not felt in so long. A feeling that quickly rid itself from the loveless marriage I had shared with Woohyun. Howon's warm touch engulfed me quickly, the way his kisses delicately laced themselves against my collar bone. Why had Woohyun never kissed me this way before? Did he kiss Soojin like this? Did he even know how to kiss like this? Ugh. Darn.

 

"I can't do this." I pulled myself away from Howon in frustration. I wanted to blame the alcohol for my sporadic behaviour but couldn't bring myself to use even that as an excuse. It was Woohyun; there he was in my mind as I was kissing Howon. I have always had a problem with always being afraid to make a decision on things, for the simple fear of not knowing what would happen down that other path. But I guess that's life isn't it? Everyone is this indecisive, I try to convince myself, but I know that's not true, because everyone I knew made choices so easily. Maybe it was the fact I over thought about consequences; maybe that's why I could never live in the moment, unlike everyone I had chose to surround myself with.

 

"What's the matter?" His hands traced over my arms gently as he pulled me closer. Damn why did he have to be so appealing? I shook my head unable to think of what to say "If you don't want to, I won't force you." I shook my head again letting out a gust of exasperation "That's not it, I just- I don't know how to do it." He tried to stifle his small laugh as he pulled me closer, burying his face into the curve of m neck "If you want I'll teach you how." I couldn't help but grin at his stupidity and the heat of his mouth against my skin "Not that, I can do that just fine, But I'm trying to be serious. Don't be cute for a second." I pulled myself away and looked up at him trying to find an answer in his sincere eyes "It's just Woohyun, and everything" I could see his face turn in annoyance; gently he cupped my own between his two large hands "Don't feel guilty. He's never going to change."

 

 

"I'm sorry, about what I said the other night" You murmured unconvincingly as you gently placed a bouquet of roses onto the table. I flinched as you touched my shoulder, leaning in to give me a kiss. All I could recall was how when the last time you held me it was rough, and hateful. Though you apologized I knew you meant every word you said and I knew that's how you actually felt. "I love you, Chaeeun." I glared at you with heavily lidded eyes and wrapped my arms around you tightly "I know." I lied blatantly.

 

 

Upon returning to the lounge Staff were now cleaning, and there were only a few people who remained there, though all on the brink of leaving, all except Boram who immediately caught my attention, there she laid on a sofa ; both or our purses and jackets under her surveillance. She was still the knock-out princess. I gently nudged her near unconscious body as I sat down next to her. Quickly and startled she shot up, only to relax herself once she saw my face "Oh! It's just you - I was having a terrible dream." I nodded and smiled as I pushed her hair out of her face slightly mothering her, which I knew she liked anyway "Really? Well tell me about it later. Right now I need to know where is Haerin and why do you have my purse." I spoke softly and condescendingly, Boram was far from a child in age. Though when she drank she held all the tendencies and characteristics of a four year old

 

 

"Unnie, are you mad - mad at me?? Boram asked quietly, her voice trembling slightly. I shook my head as I ed her jeans and began to pull them off her strenuously. "Good! I don't know what I would do if you were ,you're my best friend you know?" She grinned as wide as she possibly could. As I pulled my blankets over her and myself I let out a long sigh "Now you have to be quiet, or else we're going to get caught and I'm going to get grounded, not to mention my parents probably won't let us be friends anymore." I knew that would keep her most quiet, the threat of not being able to be friends anymore. I was the only girl friend she had and the only one that could ever double as the mother she never had. My parents weren't home that night but it was the only way I knew I could keep her from telling me the horrible truths about herself that seeped out every time she drank too much. She cuddled into me as tightly as she possibly could, and I let her "I love you Unnie." She whispered in slur, quickly falling asleep right after.

 

 

"I think Woohyun was going to bring Haerin home but Dongwoo and him were fighting and Dongwoo said he would drive her back instead. All I remember after that is Woohyun giving me your purse; he said you left it in the car? He said 'get a cab home' Then left to drive his friend; I don't know her name though, some sort of ugly girl." She snickered slightly as she reached for a martini that sat on the table in front of us. I nodded slowly only hoping that Dongwoo had brought Haerin home. It didn't even occur to me until later that I had just been left with the simple words of "get a cab home."

 

I put Boram into her jacket and helped her up while she waved goodbye to everyone as we left the lounge. It was colder outside than I remember, partially because I only remembered Howon's warmth. I stood at the side of the road, trying to balance Boram on my shoulder as I hailed a cab, a familiar car pulled up behind one that had stopped and fairly quickly at that. Howon stepped out as my heart began to flutter in my chest "Get in the car." He said as he took my purse from out of my hands. Boram smiled as she glared at us "I need to take care of Boram." I stammered nervously as I watched him with slight intimidation. "No! Get in the car, Unnie. I can take care of myself; I'm not the same girl I once was! Plus the cab is here I'll get back to the hotel fine." She hugged me quickly with a kiss on the cheek as I watched her in slight shock as she opened the taxi door and poured herself inside. I was dumbfounded as it drove away into the cold distance losing it in my vision as it turned a street corner.

"Are you going to get in or what? It's cold out here." I had almost forgotten Howon was there as I turned around quickly to meet his eyes.

"You came back for me?" I questioned with a cold sniffle, he smiled and opened the passenger door "I never left you."

 

How did we come to be exactly, do you remember?

I watch him as he leans back in his chair - running his fingers through his hair as he listens attentively to the music playing, his eyes closed. I cuddle deeper into his blankets, taking long breaths, immersing myself in his scent, reminiscing about how he held me only moments prior, I miss his feel already. "Are you- Is everything alright?" I ask softly as I advance towards him with a crisp white sheet wrapped around myself, he smiles and nods his head as he pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my hips tightly. I push a strand of hair out of his face and softly kiss him, running my fingers along his bare chest before nuzzling my face against the side of his "Come back to bed." I whisper and close my eyes. The sun is about to rise, and all I can hear is my breath against the music as he carries me back to bed.

 

 

Every little piece of you, I love you.

 

 

It wasn't until mid morning I got the message about the car accident.