The Reason; Requested

SHINee One Shots

You and Jonghyun

Your POV

I checked my watch as I surfed through the TV channels. Late again? I knew that Jonghyun is busy with SHINee's comeback and such, but he never used to be this late. I sighed as I heated up the food I had prepared hours ago and sat down with my chopsticks. I wonder what today's excuse will be? I thought. It was a different girl band everyday. So far this week it had been 2ne1, T-ARA, Brown Eyed Girls, and f(x). I mean, I would believe him if I didn't get texts from Amber every night. If only they knew that Jonghyun never had his phone on him...as I washed my plate and put it away, I heard the door open.

"Jagiya, I'm home! Sorry I'm late, I ran into SNSD on the way out and we all got dinner," Jonghyun said as he flopped onto the couch. "You know, we were all talking about ships and Jessica said that she preferred HeeSica over JongSica-"

"Did it ever occur to you that I might be getting a little annoyed with you spending so much time with girlbands?" I burst out unexpectedly, cutting him off. He sat there with a shocked expression on his face. All of my anger from the past week burst out of me.

"Did you ever take MY feelings into consideration as you spend every single night talking with 2ne1 and Girl's Generation? Do I  LOOK like I'm stupid?" I spat as I got madder and madder, all of my thoughts spilling out of my mouth on rapid fire.

"DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT HOW WORRIED I WAS THAT FIRST DAY YOU WERE LATE? I BET YOU DIDN'T, DID YOU? ANSWER ME KIM JONGHYUN!" I shouted as I clenched and unclenched my fists. I never called him by his full name...he just sat there, motionless.

"Fine, then don't answer me! Well, you know what? Have a fun life with Jessica and Amber! I am OUT of here!" Tears streamed down my angered face as I gathered my few belongings and walked out, slamming the door shut behind me. In my rush to leave, I didn't see the single tear slip down Jjong's cheek and onto his sweatshirt, falling right over his heart.

Jonghyun POV

As she walked out the door, my heart shattered into a million pieces, like someone just picked it up and threw it against a wall. I got up off of the couch and walked into the bedroom. I sighed as I rummaged through my dresser to find a little velvet box folded in a pair of black socks. The ring sparkled brilliantly in thew moonlight as I opened the box. If she only knew the reason.....I thought. I was getting their opinions on the best way to propose to her...she just didn't understand. I took out my phone as I ran my hands through my light brown hair. I scrolled through the hundred some pictures of her and I, tears falling onto the glowing screen. I hastily wiped my eyes, grabbed my coat, and ran off into the night.

Your POV

I huddled on the park bench, cold and wet from the pouring rain. I hugged my backpack to my chest as I sat there shivering. Why did I get so mad? I thought. I didn't even let him explain...I sighed as rain was melded with my tears as The Reason flowed across the square.

I used to walk on dark streets alone

Even I haven't recognized the tears flowing from my eyes

Then, you have come to me and shone like a dazzling light

I finally realized that what your hands took away was my tears...

Why did this song have to play? It's as if everything in this world is reflecting my emotions. As Jjong's voice flowed through my mind, I burst out into a set of fresh tears. I sat there as the song ended, and suddenly felt empty. 

I used to walk on dark streets alone

Even I haven't recognized the tears flowing from my eyes...

My heart jumped as a soft voice sang into my ear. I slowly turned around and saw Jonghyun standing there.

"Jagiya," he said, looking hurt. "Why did you leave without your raincoat?" he asked as he draped it over my shoulders and sat down beside me.

"Oh, Jonghyun," I sniffled in between tears. "Only you would ask your girlfriend not why she walked out on you, but exactly how she possibly could have done so without her raincoat." He looked down at his feet and smiled to himself, slightly chuckling.

"You know," he started. "I-"

"Jjong, I'm so sorry!" I blurted out before he could say anything. "I just got so...fed up. You never came home on time, and you had been hanging out with girlbands every night. I guess I just...overreacted." Jonghyun looked at me and slowly sighed.

"No, I understand how you reacted. It was instinct. A guy hanging out with girlbands instead of hanging out with his girlfriend seems pretty suspicious to a girl who doesn't know what the guy is doing." he said as I looked at him.

"So...you're NOT mad?" I asked. He smiled and looked at me.

"How could I be mad at the girl that I plan to marry?" he asked as my eyes widened. "That was what I was doing with all of them. I was asking for advice, and I wanted it to be a surprise." he said as I gasped with excitement.

"Y-you mean-" I stuttered as he got down on his knee and pulled out a velvet box from his back pocket.

"you," he began as he opened the box, revealing a beautiful ring. "Will you marry me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i updated sooner than expected....im happy!!! btw, if there is ever an update that has no authors notes, it means tht it isnt finished yet. just wanted 2 put tht out there. also, like i said, key never shows up in any of the angles of the pic, so i will be uploading a key one shot, then an onew one, after i write it. then i will be starting a different fanfic, so watch out for that!!! to all of my lovely subscribers, kamsa hamnida and saranghaeyo!!! dont 4get, i luv all of your feedback, so dnt 4get 2 comment!! i hope tht the person hoo requested this likes it....