A Walk Downtown; Requested

SHINee One Shots

You and Key

 

Key POV

I walked around downtoen in the late July weather, casually sipping my lemonade. I loved people watching, and a big public park like this one was definetely a good place to do it. The diversity of the people, the age differences. It was so interesting to me. I sat on the park bench for a while before I noticed a girl sitting near the big fountain in the middle of the park, looking quite lonely. She had really pretty short reddish brown hair that was done up in pigtails, and cute blue glasses that framed her eyes perfectly. I got up and went to go sit down next to her.

"Hey, you seem a bit down, what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Oh nothing, it's just that I was supposed to meet a few friends here, but it turns out that they couldn't make it," she said, sighing and brushing a strand of hair off of her cheek that the wind had unknowingly blown there.

"Well I can be you're friend for today! I'll buy you something to drink, and we get to know each other better!" I suggested.

"Yeah sure! Let's start with names. My name's Anita, what's yours?" she asked me, a bright smile lighting up her face.

"My name's Kibum, but everyone calls me Key. Nice to meet you!" I said, shaking her hand and brushing my styled blonde hair out of my eyes as we set off, the noonday sun shining down on our happy yet peaceful faces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, where to first?" I asked her once we both had a lemonade.

"Hm...let's go to the art fair! I think that's going on today, isn't it?" she lead me to the beginning of what seemed like an endless stretch of art booths lined up in rows. Anita pulled me to many different stands, and we both had a great time.

"Ooo!! Keykeykey look at this!" The stand held many small sock animals. She pointed to a sock animal that resembled some sort of gray hamster.

"It's a chinchilla! Awww it's so cute!!! I wish I could get it...but I don't have enough money..." her face turned downcast as she set down the toy and walked away.

"C'mon Key, let's go," she said, trying to be cheery, but looking back at the animal stand every few minutes. We walked through the park some more before finding our way back to the fountain.

"Hold on one sec Anita; I'll be back in a few," I told her, running off in the direction we came from. I ran through the maze of stands, trying to locate the sock animals. At last I found it.

"Excuse me sir, may I ask how much that chinchilla is?" I asked politely, fixing my hair after running in the hot sun.

"$10," he answered. I fished around in my pocket and came up with $10.

"Thank you!" I called as I grabbed the toy and ran back to where Anita was sitting.

"Here ya go," I started, trying to catch my breath. "I saw how badly you wanted it, so I got it for you." As I handed her the small chinchilla, her eyes lit up and she jumped up to hug me.

"YAAAAHH I LOVE YOU KEY!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!" she praised as she jumped up and down and hugged me again.

"Whoa...calm down, I just met you..." I gasped, catching my breath yet a second time after her suffocating hug.

"Hey, here's my number," she said as we swapped phones and entered in our numbers. "Call me, okay?" were the last words I heard from her as she walked away. See? People watching has it's benefits...;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah yeah yeah its another key one........BUT IT WAS REQUESTED!!! i feel so bad 4 not putting up my onew one..i just need 2 rewrite it, so it may not be up 4 a while....and i wrote this 4 a good friend of mine, so u can pretend its u instead X) ik tht there are a lot of lockets out there....BY THE WAY IF ANY OF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS VIDEO THEN U NEED 2 WATCH IT!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvfBt5tYfTE its minho....being y.....ANYWAYS, i love u guys!!! thnx 4 supporting me, even all of you silent readers X) saranghae, and annyeing 4 now!!!