The Best Birthday Ever

SHINee One Shots

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you!

I smiled to myself. He remembered. It had been four years since I'd seen my best friend, Lee Taemin. Ever since he had debuted with the korean group SHINee in 2008, he had cut all connections with his former life. I got the occasional happy birthday or merry christmas text, but that was all that I ever heard from him. I had always had feelings for him, but after the launch of his idol career, there were plenty of other girls that were more deserving of him than me. I sighed as I floppped down onto the couch. My best friend Seohyun (just a generic seohyun, not from snsd) was taking me out to dinner tonight, and then we were going to the mall. I got up and got ready, and walked over to Seohyun's house.

"You ready, birthday girl?" she asked me.

"Are you kidding?? I could never be more excited!"

"Great! Then let's get going!" she smiled and we headed out into the clear evening.

At Dinner

"This food is amazing!" I said in between mouthfuls. Seohyun laughed and asked me if I was done.

"Done?? But we haven't had dessert!"

"Okay, after dessert. But you're gonna get fat!"

"It's my birthday!!" I pout.

"Fine, but don't blame me if you can't walk around the mall!" Seohyun nagged. I smiled. Oh, best friends...they have your best interests at heart...

At the Mall (Song: Chorus of Ready or Not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk4vSNr_F8)

"Ooohh!!! Let's go to Aeropostale first!!!" We shopped around for about 3 hours, running around in ad out of different stores. I swear, I had like 5 lattes....

Hands laden with with shopping bags, we sat down on a nearby bench, exausted.

(End Song)

"I TOLD you that you shouldn't have eaten so much!!" she punched my arm playfully. "I'm gonna go check out Hollister, you wait here, okay?" I nodded as she walked away. What a night....could it get any better?? I smiled and leaned back against the bench.

A-yo, when it’s tough
Doong tah dak, lean on the rhythm, oh
With our song for you
Everyone a-yo, everyone a-yo

I started to sing along when I realized....that's not the radio. Someone is singing behind me.

A-yo, when you can’t sleep
Tap brush it off, leave it to the rhythm, oh
With the anticipation of the unfolding tomorrow
Everyone a-yo, everyone a-yo

I know that voice...it seems...familiar. But I haven't heard it sing to me in four years....

"T-T-Taemin??" I asked shakily as I slowly turned around. I looked up into his smiling face, his perfect blonde hair falling around it....

"OH MY GOSH!!!" I shrieked and he pulled me into a hug

"I missed you" he whispered. I could feel my tears of happiness falling onto his shoulder.

"it's been so long," he continued, "and I didn't have time to tell you before I left for training."  I froze at his words and slowly turned to look him him the eye.

"T-tell me what?" I stuttered, thinking only one thing. Is this actually happening? THE Lee Taemin...or am I jumping to conclusions? He put his arms around my waist and said:

"I didn't have time to tell you that you had always been more than a friend to me. I had always felt something more, I just didn't know if you did too, so I could never confess." He stared at me with his beautiful eyes, those ones that I had always found comfort in....

"So, the question is...do you?" He asked me as he pulled me close.

"Always." He smiled and as I closed my eyes, I felt his lips touch mine as he wrapped me in his warm embrace.

"You know," he said, "four years is enough time to show you that you really care about someone, because it shows you what life is like without them. Everything I ever did with SHINee, I did for you." he told me as he pulled away.

"I disagree." I said with a smile. He looked at me inquiringly.

"Four years is WAAYYYYY too long." He laughed and kissed me again and whispered,

"Happy Birthday."

"It's the best one yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY!!! DONE WITH MY FIRST EVER ONE SHOT!!! i'm currently working on a key one, and after that......i dont know. Anyway, you can request stories, but i dnt write . it makes me feel uncomfortable....how many of you r excited 4 shinees comeback?? i know i am!!! SHINee hwaiting!!! (im a crazy shawol, but im also a crazy KissMe and E.L.F and V.I.P!!! i need more bands to get into, let me know your favorite!!!)