Reunion With Ajusshi

If Only You Knew....

 

*Author’s note: Italicized = thoughts; Bold = English; Underline = Text Messages; Author Notes = Purple Font*
 
*Yejun’s P.O.V*
 
I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes and started getting ready for the day. I saw that Kan-hyung was already awake and ready to go. Then I remembered.... Today is the day! The day I get to finally meet Ajusshi after all of these years. I sure miss his warm aura. Those kind eyes that would be full of joy whenever I was around. I wonder how much he has changed..........
 
*Kan P.O.V*
 
I chuckled to my self when I saw Yejun walk out of our room. I bet he just remembered that we are going to see Sephina's dad today by his expression. He looks so hopeful and excited. 
 
"Hey Hyung, what are you doing today?" I asked Jinon-Hyung when he walked into the living room. 
 
"I might go with LeeU and have breakfast with his dad. How about you?" 
 
"Me and Yejun are going to go to around town and just walk around doing whatever comes to mind." I said, not wanting him to know that we are actually going to the hospital to see Sephina's dad. Knowing Jinon-hyung he would ask a million questions as to why we are going then to who Sephina is. 
 
"Oh, Okay. Maybe we can all meet up for lunch?" 
 
"Uhmm, sure. How about at Suji's? I heard it's good there." 
 
"Sure. Let's meet there at about noon." 
 
"But doesn't practice start at noon?" I asked Jinon-hyung confused.
 
"Oh yea, I forgot to tell you and Yejun. Manager-hyung said that we get another day off. Then starting tomorrow we are going to start recording for our debut album." 
 
"That's great!" I said excitedly. Maybe I should surprise Sephina at work today. 
 
“Hey Hyung, I'm ready to go now!" LeeU-hyung yells to Jinon-hyung as he is walking out the door.
 
"Okay!" Jinon-hyung yells back, "Well see you guys later. Be safe." 
 
"Arraso, Hyung. Have fun." With that Jinon-hyung runs out the door after LeeU.
 
"YAH! YEJUN ARE YOU READY YET!?" I yelled.
 
"NE! ALMOST! LIKE 5 MORE MINUTES HYUNG!"
 
"OKAY!"
 
“Alright Hyung lets go now. I’m all set.” I saw a basket in Yejun’s hand.
 
“What’s the basket for Yejun?” I asked.
 
“Oh this? It’s for the fruit we are going to buy on our way to the hospital. Mr. Lee loves fruits, especially apples and bananas.” Yejun said with a wide grin. 
 
“Looks like you guys have a lot of memories with fruits.” 
 
“Just a bit. I remember one day when Jojo was upset and everything I did didn’t make her feel better. Then her dad came out of nowhere and squeezed an orange in my eye. Then they were sitting there laughing at me in pain.” Yejun said with a pout but he had a amused sparkle in his eyes.
 
“Alright, come on let’s go to the market then the hospital. We have until 12 at the hospital then we are going to meet up with the hyung for lunch at Suji’s.” I said as we were walking out of the dorms. 
 
“But I thought we had practice at noon?” 
 
“Not any more. Manager-hyung decided to give us another day off. Then we are going to start recording for our debut album starting tomorrow.”
 
“Really?! Yes!”
 
“Haha, yes really.” 
 
After that we walked in silence. Yejun looked like her was in deep thought about some thing. We got to the  market and Yejun got all the fruit he wanted. Then we were on our way to the hospital.
 
“Hey Hyung, you know how we don’t have practice anymore today?” Yejun asks as we were about 5 minuets away from the hospital. 
 
“Yea, what about it?”
 
“Well, are you going to spend it with Sephina?” 
 
“Maybe… I’m thinking about surprising her with dinner. What do you think I should do?”
 
“I think surprising her with dinner is a good idea. She loves sushi by the way. Maybe take her to a sushi restaurant?”
 
“Yea I think I’ll do that. Thanks Yejunnie.” 
 
“No problem hyung. Lets go find out where her dad’s room is.” Yejun said as we walked into the hospital. 
 
We went up to the front desk and Yejun asked, “Excuse me but where is Joseph Lee’s room?” 
 
“Oh it room number XXXX” The nurse said.
 
“ Kamsamnida.” We both said with a bow. 
 
“Come on hyung. LETS GOO!” Yejun said while dragging me to Mr. Lee’s room. This kid must be really excited to meet him again. 
 
*Yejun’s P.O.V*
 
“Hyung, I’m going in first.” I said to Kan-Hyung. 
 
“Wait Yejun. Lets go in together. You don’t know how you are going to react to seeing him in his condition.”
 
He’s right I don’t know how I’m going to react to see Ajusshi. “Arraso hyung.”
 
We entered the room together. I looked at the bed and saw Ajusshi. I fell down to my knees and started crying. I didn’t think he would look this bad. So pale with so many tubes sticking out of him. 
 
“Hyung, I didn’t know he was this bad.“ I cried into Kan-Hyung while he hugged me to calm me down. 
 
“Who’s there?” Ajusshi asked.
 
“Ajusshi, it’s me. Shim Yejun. Do you remember me?” I said hopeful.
 
“Shim Yejun? Yejunnie?” After he said Yejunnie I started crying even harder. 
 
“Yes Ajusshi. It’s me Yejunnie.” I said.
 
“Shhhh. Don’t cry Yejunnie. Come here and sit next to my bed. Who is this other person with you?” 
 
I sat next to Ajusshi with Kan-hyung behind me. Ajusshi grabbed my hands. 
 
“This is Kan-hyung, or should I say Jojo’s new boyfriend?” I said with a smile. 
 
I saw Ajusshi smile hearing that Jojo got a new boyfriend. 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Kan-imida.” Kan-hyung said while bowing. 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo, Kan-shi. Please call me Ajusshi. I‘m glad that you are Sephina‘s boyfriend. You look like a kind and trust worthy young man and if you are friends with Yejun I bet I‘m right. Take care of my Josephine for me, okay?”
 
“Arraso Ajusshi. I will. Don‘t worry.” Kan-hyung said, reassuringly.
 
“Back to you Yejunnie. How have you been? Where have you been all of these years?” Ajusshi asked me. 
 
“I’ve been good. I’ve been here in Seoul all of these years. After school on the day before Jojo’s birthday, three years ago, Appa told me that we were moving to Seoul that night so I could start training in the company I am in right now. Kan-hyung, here, has been training with me too. I tried calling Jojo to tell her what happened but she never answered her calls. And when I got to the company they took away my phone. Kan-hyung helped me get through those first few months as a trainee. I’ve been looking for Jojo all these years and I finally found her yesterday. Thanks to Kan-hyung.” 
 
“I see. Does Jojo know that you know Kan and that you are in Seoul?” Ajusshi asked me.
 
“No Ajusshi. She doesn’t. And I don’t want her to know just yet.”
 
“Why not Yejunnie?” 
 
“Because Ajusshi, I don’t want to just waltz back into her life right now. I want for her to find me. Maybe after we debut she’ll find me.”
 
“Okay Yejunnie. I understand. Kan-shi, does Sephina know that you are a trainee?” Ajusshi says.
 
“Ne, Ajusshi. That’s one of the first things I told her.” Kan-hyung said.
 
“And She’s okay with that?”
 
“Ne, Ajusshi. She said that she’ll support me and that she will understand when I have to practice and cancel on her at the last minuet.”
 
“Okay Kan-shi. Yejunnie?” Ajusshi calls for me.
 
“Ne, Ajusshi?” I ask. 
 
“Can you bring your parents here tomorrow to visit me? I miss hearing your father’s booming laughter.” 
 
“I have practice and recording tomorrow Ajusshi, but I can send them a message to come here and see you. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.” I said with a smile. 
 
Ajusshi and Appa were the best of friends. But after we moved they never talked anymore. So I bet that Appa never told him that we moved. 
 
“That’s great Yejunnie. Thank you.” 
 
“It’s my pleasure Ajusshi.”
 
“What’s beside you Yejunnie?” Ajusshi asks noticing the basket next to me.
 
“Oh! I forgot. I brought you some fruit cause I know that you love fruit. Especially apples and bananas so I got a lot of those.” I said with a smile. 
 
“You remembered that? Thanks Yejunnie.”
 
“No problem Ajusshi.”
 
“Remember when I squeezed and orange in your eye to make Jojo laugh?” Ajusshi said while laughing. 
 
“How can I forget? You guys sat there laughing at me in pain for like 20 minuets. “ I said with a pout.
 
Ajusshi took that chance to pinch my cheeks. “Aigoo Yejunnie, don’t pout.” 
 
We spent the next 2 hours reminiscing about all the times we had. 
 
“Yejun, It’s time to go.” Kan-hyung said.
 
“It is? Aww Okayy. Bye Ajusshi, we gotta go and meet up with Jinon and LeeU-hyugs for lunch.”
 
“Okay. Bye. Be sure to come and visit more often, the both of you, arraso?”
 
“Arraso, ajusshi.” Me and Kan-hyung said in unison. 
 
“Bye!” 
 
Me and Kan-hyung went to Suji’s for lunch with the other hyungs. 
 
After lunch we went our separate ways in the pairs that we arrived in. 
 
It was now 4:00 P.M. 
 
“Hey Yejun. Do you think I should go and surprise Sephina at work and tell her to be ready for dinner at 8?”
 
“Yea, I think that would be a great idea. And after you surprise her at work can we go walk around town?” 
 
“You want to be there when I surprise her? I don’t think that’s a good idea Yejun.” Kan-hyung said worriedly. 
 
“I was going to wait outside of the hospital for you. Then we could walk around town?”
 
“Oh, Okay then. Well lets go to the hospital now.”
 
“Kaja! (Let‘s go!)”  I said excited. 
 
 
*Author’s note: MUAHAHAHAH Finally!! I got this chapter up! It’s about 1660 words long. How do you guys like it? I have a little surprise in the next chapter. Be sure to check out my other fic: “Is It Love?” and my friend (K.T) started uploading fics with my account. She started one called “Who Do I Choose?” Also please go and read this blog post that I made yesterday. http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/11459/1 *
 
-Aquii96~<3  2/24/2011